News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

11A/11C

Started by Trident 4194, January 30, 2020, 07:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

A few years back it was looked if the Outer Circle could be split. It was said it would probably need to be split into at least three parts and that it would inconvenience too many passengers who would need to change bus. Then you risk the bus you are changing running late too, inconveniencing the passenger even more.

I can't remember when this was, possibly as long as 20years. There was an article in BUSES magazine where they were speaking to the then head of WMT/TWM at the time.

Gareth

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 30, 2020, 09:58:54 PM
I meant like a shuttle service between places which were timetabled.

The shuttle service will fly over the traffic then? Good idea!

monkeyjoe

They did a Swl route in selly oak I seem to remember

MasterPlan

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 30, 2020, 08:55:04 PM
Yes they spell it dudely I believe 😂😂

Yeah, that was it!
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 30, 2020, 10:37:11 PM
They did a Swl route in selly oak I seem to remember

Yes, the South West Link running between Bearwood and Kings Heath via the 11 route but also serving the QE Hospital (via Vincent Drive at the time I believe). It was, however, short-lived.

This was before the QE was the scale that it is now.

winston

Quote from: Mike K on January 30, 2020, 11:47:16 PM
Yes, the South West Link running between Bearwood and Kings Heath via the 11 route but also serving the QE Hospital (via Vincent Drive at the time I believe). It was, however, short-lived.

This was before the QE was the scale that it is now.

Wasn't is run with Lynx from the former Patterson's yard?

danny

Your right winston they were route branded white I believe over the former red blue and grey livery.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

winston

aSingh

An 11a MMC was towed by RS Recovery at 10:30pm yesterday. It was there for a good 2 hours while I was doing 48. Also funnily enough as I went round the roundabout to the 48 stand, a chap waiting for the 11 (which was late) along with quite a few people came up to me and mentioned how awful the 11 has gotten and how it used to be a "proud" route, I had no idea what to say lol.
Singh

Tony

When I used to drive the 11 in the 1980s it was 2h10m all the way around rising to 2h30 in the peak. It is now 3h20 in the peak. The only real solution is to reduce Birmingham traffic

Ask the Mayor Andy street for a bus lane  around the whole of the circle or
ask Amazon if NX could use there drones to carry there buses around the route

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2900 on January 31, 2020, 09:17:24 AM
Ask the Mayor Andy street for a bus lane  around the whole of the circle or
ask Amazon if NX could use there drones to carry there buses around the route
The Mayor & WMCA are NOT responsible for bus lanes they are a matter for the local authorities such as Birmingham City Council.

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 31, 2020, 09:33:18 AM
The Mayor & WMCA are NOT responsible for bus lanes they are a matter for the local authorities such as Birmingham City Council.

Well there's a thing (unlike the one in London - on the most important parts of the network). Or are they simply interested in branding public transport and instructing people to get their feet off the seats - hardly a strategic activity.

However they do have a responsibility for regional transport strategy and Policy so could influence this, especially if it's causing problems for public transport and achieving its potential. So why don't they?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 31, 2020, 10:18:22 AM
Well there's a thing (unlike the one in London - on the most important parts of the network). Or are they simply interested in branding public transport and instructing people to get their feet off the seats - hardly a strategic activity.

However they do have a responsibility for regional transport strategy and Policy so could influence this, especially if it's causing problems for public transport and achieving its potential. So why don't they?
London has had seperate legislation since 1930. Highways outside London in England & Wales are the responsibility of the local authorities this cannot change without primary legislation. The function of the West Midlands Combined Authority is to coordinate all assets of public transport in a sustainable manner, procurement of socially necessary services across numerous authorities and the operation of concessionery and multi modal fare schemes. Surface assets such as roads and bus lanes are the subject of financing from the council tax and local authorities. WMCA is a levy in line with the Police and Fire Service.

don

I think you misunderstood and apart from the legislation you've mentioned there is far more that is pertinent here. However, apparently, local voters can hold the mayor responsible for the quality of the key road network. Presumably part of the coordination role as it really is just a group of local authority and three local enterprise partnership representatives.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk