News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

11A/11C

Started by Trident 4194, January 30, 2020, 07:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Just to say that back in the 70s, when quite a lot of short journeys were run, I ceased using it for a daily trip from Handsworth Wood to Bournville, travelling via City instead. It was too unreliable in the peak in terms of journey reliability.  Also had the advantage of a high speed thrash down the Bristol Road on a Jumbo on a short working back to Selly Oak (of which there were many in the morning peak from City!!)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

STILL WAITING FOR A REPLY @Stu
In Response To Your Comments @Stu :
1. The Mayor has made his comments public on the Perry Barr Flyover
2. Unless you can prove I was not in ROOM 116, 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B193SD on Tuesday 28th January at 1pm at an WMCA meeting please withdraw  your comment  "these meetings you apparently attend"[/b] these meetings I apparently attend completely voluntary for no wage simply for my passion for buses and wanting to get a better bus service for all.
3. At the meeting I apparently attended no complaints were raised from submissions to TfWM or the operator present therefore I would kindly ask you how we are supposed to act on evidence based reviews on the 11A/C when my own observations when I was actually aboard the service on Monday 27th January are not in line with your comments otherwise I would have raised them alongside my concerns of the X8 I raised at the meeting I apparently attended.
I am posting this on the 02.30 PN9 ex Colmore Row proving yet again I put my money where my mouth is and use the buses I love 24hrs a day 364 days a year

Stu

Need to pop over to Acocks Green, just checked on the NX app, and the next 11A from Billesley is 'due' in 24mins.

Then 25mins, 30mins, 30mins, 37mins, 41mins, 50mins.

My experiences of using the 11A and 11C are obviously vastly different to yours @richardjones210368

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2020, 03:49:32 PM
Need to pop over to Acocks Green, just checked on the NX app, and the next 11A from Billesley is 'due' in 24mins.

My experiences of using the 11A and 11C are obviously vastly different to yours @richardjones210368
That may be true what I am waiting  for is:
Unless you can prove I was not in ROOM 116, 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B193SD on Tuesday 28th January at 1pm at an WMCA meeting please withdraw  your comment  "these meetings you apparently attend"  these are the meetings I apparently attend completely voluntary for no wage simply for my passion for buses.
If you cannot prove I was not at one of my apparent meetings on Tuesday please withdraw your comment @Stu

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 01, 2020, 03:56:35 PM
That may be true what I am waiting  for is:
Unless you can prove I was not in ROOM 116, 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B193SD on Tuesday 28th January at 1pm at an WMCA meeting please withdraw  your comment  "these meetings you apparently attend"  these are the meetings I apparently attend completely voluntary for no wage simply for my passion for buses.
If you cannot prove I was not at one of my apparent meetings on Tuesday please withdraw your comment @Stu

Can you prove you were there?

Who attends these meetings and are they open to the public? If they are, why are they not more widely publicised?

What mechanism is there in place for bus users to report any concerns or feedback they may have about issues with bus services? Which can then be raised at these meetings for discussion.

This is why what I'm trying to do with my West Midlands Bus Users website is so vitally important - apart from sending feedback through contact forms on bus operator's websites, there is no 'open platform' for bus users to share experiences and feedback with others, which can then be shared with bus operators and local authorities such as TfWM.

My locals:

MW

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2020, 05:23:16 PM

Who attends these meetings and are they open to the public? If they are, why are they not more widely publicised?

What mechanism is there in place for bus users to report any concerns or feedback they may have about issues with bus services? Which can then be raised at these meetings for discussion.

This is why what I'm trying to do with my West Midlands Bus Users website is so vitally important - apart from sending feedback through contact forms on bus operator's websites, there is no 'open platform' for bus users to share experiences and feedback with others, which can then be shared with bus operators and local authorities such as TfWM.

I remember once many years ago there was a meeting on buses in Birmingham held at Hall Green Greyhound Stadium. The biggest gripe at that meeting was people complaining that the 94 route is so frequent whilst others aren't.

It was full of morons to be honest.

Anyway, everyone at the meeting got paid £20 for an hour of their time. This was the only reason people attended.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2020, 05:23:16 PM

Funny enough @Stu  I can prove I was there feel free to ask a member of the forum who asked me to raise a point on his behalf at the meeting and the response he has had from TfWM he is more than satisfied with me funny only you seem to question my honesty isnt  it and as you have requested me not  to PM you I am not about to discuss my professional relationship with WMCA and The Mayor on a public forum you may think I am but I am not stupid if you wish to contribute to the WMCA I suggest you contact them and I repeat PROVE to me I wasnt at the meeting in ROOM 116 at 16 Summer Lane on Tuesday
28th January @Stu or WITHDRAW your comments.

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 01, 2020, 06:28:37 PM
Funny enough @Stu  I can prove I was there feel free to ask @danny who asked me to raise a point on his behalf at the meeting and the response he has had from TfWM and as you have requested me not  to PM you I am not about to discuss my professional relationship with WMCA and The Mayor on a public forum you may think I am but I am not stupid if you wish to contribute to the WMCA I suggest you contact them and I repeat PROVE to me I wasnt at the meeting in ROOM 116 at 16 Summer Lane on Tuesday
28th January @Stu or WITHDRAW your comments.

Frankly I am not really interested in whether you were at this meeting or not - note my use of the word "apparently" which was not intended as a direct accusation of you not being present there. As I cannot prove you weren't in attendance, and you are unwilling to prove that you were, we have reached an impasse and this discussion goes no further, your making threats against me isn't doing you any favours.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the more pertinent questions that I asked:

QuoteWho attends these meetings and are they open to the public? If they are, why are they not more widely publicised?

Thanks for the tip though, I will be contacting the WMCA and TfWM to see if I can become more directly involved with my own work through my website, which I of course do entirely voluntarily at my own cost and in my own time outside of my full-time job.
My locals:

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2020, 07:05:41 PM
Frankly I am not really interested in whether you were at this meeting or not - note my use of the word "apparently" which was not intended as a direct accusation of you not being present there. As I cannot prove you weren't in attendance, and you are unwilling to prove that you were, we have reached an impasse and this discussion goes no further, your making threats against me isn't doing you any favours.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the more pertinent questions that I asked:

Thanks for the tip though, I will be contacting the WMCA and TfWM to see if I can become more directly involved with my own work through my website, which I of course do entirely voluntarily at my own cost and in my own time outside of my full-time job.
Ok Cheers  @Stu

Quote from: Stu on February 01, 2020, 03:49:32 PM

Caught two 11's today as well myself from Yardley to Ward End. Both on time. So not always like that.
6120 this afternoon only had a few minutes wait for this, same for 6841 on the X2.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 01, 2020, 02:53:42 AM
In Response To Your Comments @Stu :
1. The Mayor has made his comments public on the Perry Barr Flyover
2. Unless you can prove I was not in ROOM 116, 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B193SD on Tuesday 28th January at 1pm at an WMCA meeting please withdraw  your comment  "these meetings you apparently attend"[/b] these meetings I apparently attend completely voluntary for no wage simply for my passion for buses and wanting to get a better bus service for all.
3. At the meeting I apparently attended no complaints were raised from submissions to TfWM or the operator present therefore I would kindly ask you how we are supposed to act on evidence based reviews on the 11A/C when my own observations when I was actually aboard the service on Monday 27th January are not in line with your comments otherwise I would have raised them alongside my concerns of the X8 I raised at the meeting I apparently attended.
I am posting this on the 02.30 PN9 ex Colmore Row proving yet again I put my money where my mouth is and use the buses I love 24hrs a day 364 days a year.

Mr Jones,

2. What meeting were you taking part in on Tuesday 28th January, was this a meeting of the WMCA transport committee or just a meeting of bus champions.

and when you posted to @Stu at 02:53 this morning, you state you were on the 02:30 PN9 from Colmore Row. Why did you not complain at how late this 9 was, maybe because there is no 02:30 9, its 02:00 and 03:15!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 01, 2020, 09:45:58 PM
Mr Jones,

2. What meeting were you taking part in on Tuesday 28th January, was this a meeting of the WMCA transport committee or just a meeting of bus champions.

and when you posted to @Stu at 02:53 this morning, you state you were on the 02:30 PN9 from Colmore Row. Why did you not complain at how late this 9 was, maybe because there is no 02:30 9, its 02:00 and 03:15!
I attended a TfWM Bus Champions meeting  yes amongst other meetings I attended on the day at the WMCA although @Stu doesn't seem to  believe it & yes it was the 02:00 PN9 I was on I hadnt realised I had put the wrong departure time on the post please accept  my apologies  as it takes me about half hour to walk home from Quinton Church I didnt realise the post to @Stu hadnt been sent of my smartphone on the PN9 until I got home then sent it I hope that clarifies matters. I have no complaints with West Midlands Travel Ltd PN9 and use the 01.00 02.00 & 03.15 regularly  please accept my apologies for the wrong departure time it was a genuine mistake oh & please call me Rich only our family undertaker calls me Mr Jones.  Just out of interest @Stuharris 6360 how often do you support West Midlands Travel at 2am in the morning to help maintain the commercial service for the benefit of all bus users as a man of principles even if it means a half hour walk home albiet downhill I dont get a taxi a support the bus I persumb you do the same with West Midlands Travels Night Services?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 01, 2020, 10:40:08 PM
Yes it was TfWM Bus Champions meeting amongst others I attended on the day although @Stu doesn't seem to  believe it & yes it was the 02:00 PN9 I was on I hadnt realised I had put the wrong departure time on the post please accept  my apologies  as it takes me about half hour to walk home from Quinton Church I didnt realise the post to @Stu hadnt been sent until I got home then sent it I hope that clarifies matters.

In a way I can understand why @Stu feels like he does, on checking the WMCA website and there calendar of meetings, it shows no meetings of any committees on Tuesday last. Now that could be because the Bus Champions meetings aren't seen to be significant.

Bus champions must be a little like the old passenger forums which were held in the old days on the Railway. A group of people (passengers and interested parties) would meet about once every 3 or 4 months and discuss there experiences of the railway and any gripes and suggestions they would have. Unlike you seem to make out, these meetings were not seen to be massively important, in fact they were more a paper pushing exercise. You say you have made them aware of the X8, they will probably if felt necessary, contact NX bus and ask for an explanation of the problems. They will then look into it and either explain what happened on the day(s) in question and any remedial action, or provide proof from the bus tracker that the bus ran to time, plus also the fact that if an X8 didn't run, then NX bus would receive complaints themselves. 
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 01, 2020, 11:03:12 PM
In a way I can understand why @Stu feels like he does, on checking the WMCA website and there calendar of meetings, it shows no meetings of any committees on Tuesday last. Now that could be because the Bus Champions meetings aren't seen to be significant.

Bus champions must be a little like the old passenger forums which were held in the old days on the Railway. A group of people (passengers and interested parties) would meet about once every 3 or 4 months and discuss there experiences of the railway and any gripes and suggestions they would have. Unlike you seem to make out, these meetings were not seen to be massively important, in fact they were more a paper pushing exercise. You say you have made them aware of the X8, they will probably if felt necessary, contact NX bus and ask for an explanation of the problems. They will then look into it and either explain what happened on the day(s) in question and any remedial action, or provide proof from the bus tracker that the bus ran to time, plus also the fact that if an X8 didn't run, then NX bus would receive complaints themselves.
You obviously have no idea how TfWM route monitoring works do you well anyway I am not on any committes of WMCA only elected stakeholders attend those though I am delighted  to be an advisor on bus matters to one of the attendees and attend many of the public meetings  however I attended the TfWM Bus Champion Meeting on the day for the gentleman I advise who is personally taking the matter of the X8 forward and as I have posted Iplaced the X8 in any other business at the meeting I attended as a formality which was accepted and taken forward I cannot see your point here?. By the way do you personally support and use West Midlands Travels night bus services such as the 9 as a man of principles I do not get a taxi home I use the bus home at 2am then have a half hour walk home to support the night bus network for the good of other bus users do you? @Stuharris 6360

don

Just to say that the X8 complaint submission to that meeting was a bit odd when you consider the service was changed anyway as part of the general shake up of services the next weekend, which seems to have resulted in many of the problems (although @Tony did make it clear some of those complaints were not supported by data from AVL anyway) being resolved. So it's a bit unclear to some of us what the point of the 'taken offline' complaint was at all.....

Unless a 'political person' somewhere wishes to claim the improvement has resulted from their actions and lobbying - which it very clearly hasn't!!

Btw this is off topic - meant to be 11A/11C thread 😬
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk