News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

11A/11C

Started by Trident 4194, January 30, 2020, 07:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 02, 2020, 07:55:26 PM
Your talking rubbish @Stuharris 6360 no one on this forum have emailed and my business email is freely available to anyone on the forum to raise a question on the Outer Circle if they did I would be happy to do as other members of this forum have done and I have raised thier points and they have recieved responses from TfWM and frankly your talking b*******s about 5 ways island in my 51 years daily on the 140 there has always been Quinton 9s in 2s it's an FI service nothing to do with roadworks do you not understand what that means I really do wonder if the you and others on this forum use the same TfWM network as me by the way you still haven't answered fully do you support the overnight Quinton 9s as I do and frankly @Stuharris 6360 I am much more than a Bus Champion ever wondered who gave our gracious leader the idea for West Midlands Bus.............

So we have you to blame eh (some of us think West Midlands Bus, in a shade of red which is known to turn pink is a daft idea and waste of taxpayer's money). I looked on their website where Diamond were praised for 7 new buses (NXWM have provided 150)!! Is this down to impartial briefing? Any member of the public reading it would think it was a complete joke.

You are not the only bus champion from what I can make out (although it's not easy to find your way around how WMCA intend this to work on their web site). Perhaps you could give normal mortals on this forum a link to where on WMCA's website complaints about bus services can be made - if such a thing exists. Then everyone will stop bothering you about non Blackheath bus matters and putting you in danger of a black eye from the Perry Barr, or Yardley or wherever bus champion for treading on their 'turf'!!

WMCA does have a role in strategic transport aims - bus services are clearly being seriously delayed by road works (especially the routes out to the west along Hagley Road). If you don't see that then you really must have your head in the sand and I would question your ability to provide impartial and non-politically biased input to WMCA.

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on February 02, 2020, 10:20:06 PM
So we have you to blame eh (some of us think West Midlands Bus, in a shade of red which is known to turn pink is a daft idea and waste of taxpayer's money). I looked on their website where Diamond were praised for 7 new buses (NXWM have provided 150)!! Is this down to impartial briefing? Any member of the public reading it would think it was a complete joke.

You are not the only bus champion from what I can make out (although it's not easy to find your way around how WMCA intend this to work on their web site). Perhaps you could give normal mortals on this forum a link to where on WMCA's website complaints about bus services can be made - if such a thing exists. Then everyone will stop bothering you about non Blackheath bus matters and putting you in danger of a black eye from the Perry Barr, or Yardley or wherever bus champion for treading on their 'turf'!!

WMCA does have a role in strategic transport aims - bus services are clearly being seriously delayed by road works (especially the routes out to the west along Hagley Road). If you don't see that then you really must have your head in the sand and I would question your ability to provide impartial and non-politically biased input to WMCA.
I doubt anyone could ever say I do not put West Midlands Bus Users first and any political affiliation is irrelevant and I do not put any direct advice about buses into the WMCA save the TfWM Bus Champions other than for one gentleman in particular and every elected polictican  is democraticly entitled to his own political advisers on any subject he chooses but @don at 6ft 1ins with a mad BMI being built like a navvy due to my lane swimming I really am not to worried about crossing anyones turf but I am happy to submit any concerns about any bus service to TfWM & WMCA  and yes its funny isnt it how The Mayors website has so much praise for Diamond Bus or where he got the idea to for West Midlands Bus to pay homage to Midland Red its strange that isn't it?

Trident 4194

Once again the 11C pissing me off. 20 mins + wait in selly oak

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 14, 2020, 06:14:48 PM
Once again the 11C pissing me off. 20 mins + wait in selly oak

You do know buses can't fly over traffic jams and holdups?

Trident 4194

Quote from: John on February 14, 2020, 08:16:40 PM
You do know buses can't fly over traffic jams and holdups?

And I'm merely noting again how awful this service is

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 14, 2020, 08:38:55 PM
And I'm merely noting again how awful this service is

But do you understand the reasons why the service is 'awful'?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on February 14, 2020, 08:41:58 PM
But do you understand the reasons why the service is 'awful'?

Incompetency to operate it properly. When I see the blue and white buses they are ontime or a few minutes late at most

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 14, 2020, 10:02:00 PM
Incompetency to operate it properly. When I see the blue and white buses they are ontime or a few minutes late at most

Far easier when you just ignore passengers if you don't fancy picking them up or just park up for an hour or so

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 14, 2020, 10:02:00 PM

Why don't you catch the blue and white buses then? Easy solution.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Quote from: Tony on February 14, 2020, 10:20:25 PM
Far easier when you just ignore passengers if you don't fancy picking them up or just park up for an hour or so

You can't beat GRS, who would boot passengers off and turn around if they could see big crowds waiting at stops on the other side of the road.

They would do all sorts to delay NX buses. Waiting at traffic lights until they turn yellow the drive through so the NX bus gets stuck.

A few of us taught a GRS bus a lesson at Fox & Goose once, where 3 of us blocked a Dart at the stand whilst a 4th bus continued on lol. The GRS driver flipped out 😂😂😂

Quote from: MW on February 14, 2020, 10:27:44 PM
You can't beat GRS, who would boot passengers off and turn around if they could see big crowds waiting at stops on the other side of the road.

They would do all sorts to delay NX buses. Waiting at traffic lights until they turn yellow the drive through so the NX bus gets stuck.

A few of us taught a GRS bus a lesson at Fox & Goose once, where 3 of us blocked a Dart at the stand whilst a 4th bus continued on lol. The GRS driver flipped out 😂😂😂
Discount Travel Solutions also used to take short cuts on the 11 as well.
I used to see one of their drivers regularly boot passengers off wanting the stops he is skipping out and tell them to catch the NX bus and then turn right at St Margaret's Road lights, instead of following the normal line of route as NX were.
Not seen him do it for some time now, so maybe he doesn't do it anymore.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

danny

Are they the little blue darts on the 11, caught one once and was in fear... Was on the wrong side of the road to overtake nx and was mounting pavements to get past. Not the best won't lie
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Jack

Didn't DTS have poorly branded Dart on the way 11? I remember one with yellow stuff on it.

Quote from: danny on February 15, 2020, 12:32:08 PM
Are they the little blue darts on the 11, caught one once and was in fear... Was on the wrong side of the road to overtake nx and was mounting pavements to get past. Not the best won't lie
Thats Discount Travel Solutions, yes.
Quote from: Jack on February 15, 2020, 12:33:34 PM
Didn't DTS have poorly branded Dart on the way 11? I remember one with yellow stuff on it.
Yes they  did.
I saw one at the Fox and Goose on the 11C still partially carrying it earlier in the week as well. KV03ZFW.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

darthdc

I remember waiting over 40 minutes for one (outside Hall Green College). I was just one of a crowd - all getting peeved naturally.

But as far as I'm concerned, the rule of thumb with this route is to expect it when you see it.

My only vice now is that they often take lengthy breaks outside the Warwick Bowl in Acocks Green, followed by the near certain driver change at the garage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk