News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

BusTimes.org - general discussion

Started by gka472l, December 19, 2019, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: PB2938 on December 20, 2021, 03:36:26 PM
Is there another bus website similar to bus times org to track buses nationally.

Regional vehicle finder

Tony

BODS changed the specification of the data required last week. The information supplied by the company that fits our trackers meets the new spec, but apparently there is a problem with some of the fields not matching properly. It is being looked into. The Hydrogen vehicles have a new type of tracker fitted and there's a problem with the firmware not matching. These are going to have the trackers swapped to get them working

Stu

Quote from: Tony on December 20, 2021, 05:16:32 PM
BODS changed the specification of the data required last week. The information supplied by the company that fits our trackers meets the new spec, but apparently there is a problem with some of the fields not matching properly. It is being looked into. The Hydrogen vehicles have a new type of tracker fitted and there's a problem with the firmware not matching. These are going to have the trackers swapped to get them working

That does make sense, and I did see on the BODS website that a number of other operators have had their feeds 'deactivated', potentially for the same reason.
https://data.bus-data.dft.gov.uk/avl/?q=&organisation=&status=inactive&submitform=submit&ordering=-modified

On a positive note, it looks like NX West Midlands have a new data feed set up, though it is not yet reporting any vehicle activity, so this could be resolved soon:
https://data.bus-data.dft.gov.uk/avl/dataset/6022/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

888DUK

PB2938

Nx Bus times is working again what a relief 😌
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

bususer28

I doubt the two are linked but it looks like the latest changes haven't yet been added onto google maps.

MasterPlan

6850 showing as an X12 in Bartley Green on bustimes.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

BNH2004

All NX buses has stopped tracking again on bustimes.org

BBS

Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

busboy31

BMJ1970

Looks like there's no live tracking on Google maps or bus checker either.

DJ

Quote from: BMJ1970 on January 08, 2022, 07:37:54 PM
Looks like there's no live tracking on Google maps or bus checker either.

Neither on the screen outside Wednesbury Great Western St tram stop on my way home earlier, which shows departures from the bus station. I presume the other screens at stations weren't showing live times either.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Quote from: DJ on January 08, 2022, 09:25:41 PM
Neither on the screen outside Wednesbury Great Western St tram stop on my way home earlier, which shows departures from the bus station. I presume the other screens at stations weren't showing live times either.
Priory Queensway stops were showing RTI times live.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

busboy31

Quote from: BNH2004 on January 08, 2022, 12:14:10 PM
All NX buses has stopped tracking again on bustimes.org
They're back now, after a minor error yesterday!

BNH2004

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk