News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

BusTimes.org - general discussion

Started by gka472l, December 19, 2019, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

2116 says it on the 29 but on the map it's stuck in the corner of Walsall garage
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Looks like the X2 board that 7530 was on this morning, now goes onto the X12/X70 at Solihull Station. From the map. Which must be new interworking as used to run dead back to the garage
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on April 19, 2021, 10:52:02 AM
Looks like the X2 board that 7530 was on this morning, now goes onto the X12/X70 at Solihull Station. From the map. Which must be new interworking as used to run dead back to the garage

It is an X12/X70 that does the X2S first

AIR

Not sure if this is the best thread to post in - apologies if not.
I posted about the SFA1/2 (and also noticed the CG4) were not tracking properly on bus times on the 'Buses not tracking' thread on Monday. I now think this is because the SFA timetables have been deleted completely from the main NX WM website timetable page, and the CG4 although listed as a route does not show the timetable. They were there before Easter so not sure if they have been removed in error.
How do you get these re-instated onto the NX WM main website please?

Tony

Quote from: AIR on April 22, 2021, 05:29:36 PM
Not sure if this is the best thread to post in - apologies if not.
I posted about the SFA1/2 (and also noticed the CG4) were not tracking properly on bus times on the 'Buses not tracking' thread on Monday. I now think this is because the SFA timetables have been deleted completely from the main NX WM website timetable page, and the CG4 although listed as a route does not show the timetable. They were there before Easter so not sure if they have been removed in error.

Bustimes isn't affected by the NXWM website and NXWM have obviously supplied the data as 4597 is recorded as operating the SFA1, so I am not sure why you say it isn't being tracked

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/179078

Stu

Quote from: AIR on April 22, 2021, 05:29:36 PM

Contact NX Bus regarding any issues with the website here:
https://nationalexpressportal.icasework.com/form?Type=Complaint&MenuContext=UKBUS
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

AIR

Hello Tony,
Yes the individual vehicles are tracking fine but they are not linking to the service timetable on bus times because since Easter the service/timetable is not showing at all, unlike all the 7x and 8x closed services. This means that to track the journey you have to identify the vehicle first - not great if in a rush.
If you click on a timetable it says that the 'timetable data is from National Express West Midlands/Bus Open Data Service' and appears to be updated every week on a Monday for that week. I have assumed, probably incorrectly, that this comes from the timetables on the NX Website, but perhaps both are fed from another database, given that they have both disappeared at the same time. It is really useful to have the 'journey timetable' showing on the left of the map so that you can identify if the bus is running early/late depending on the traffic, and by how much. This is particularly useful in the evening to try and avoid stroppy teenager situation, which is never good in my experience!

AIR

Sorry Stu just noticed your post as I ended up typing my previous one 3 times before it would post. Thanks for the information - I will contact them.

Tony

Quote from: AIR on April 22, 2021, 07:57:13 PM
it says that the ‘timetable data is from National Express West Midlands/Bus Open Data Service’ and appears to be updated every week on a Monday for that week.

Bus Open Data Service is basically all the timetable data that has been registered that all bus operators are now legally required to make freely available. It is not connected to the website at all.

The data obviously does include the SFA1, It is actually on a 29 running board, as it is matched to the vehicle, so there is a missing link at Bustimes end somewhere

Michael Bevan

4802's tracking on bustimes.org has been stuck on 907 for the last couple of days.

Also 4486 and 7509 have been showing no route numbers for the last few days whilst being in service.

busboy31

Tracking Journeys of buses from 18th February to 31st March have been disappeared...

Tony

Quote from: busboy31 on April 29, 2021, 07:21:18 PM
Tracking Journeys of buses from 18th February to 31st March have been disappeared...

Cannot keep info on forever

bususer28

I know nothing can be done but it seems like most buses in south Birmingham (might be elsewhere aswell) aren't tracking on google maps anymore- it's been like this since Monday.

BH2004

Quote from: busboy31 on April 29, 2021, 07:21:18 PM
Roughly 23 buses has no journeys they either aren't tracking or off road

Tony

Quote from: SN65 OMC on April 29, 2021, 08:53:51 PM
Roughly 23 buses has no journeys they either aren't tracking or off road

There's roughly 170 buses not tracking each day

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk