News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Andy's 10 point plan

Started by JoNi, December 18, 2019, 09:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Tony

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on December 18, 2019, 09:21:15 PM
He's already stated he's not interested in franchising
Nobody seems to read my posts I said depending on the result of the General & Mayoral elections Enhanced Partnerships & Enhanced Quality Partnerships as defined in The Buses Act are the way forward for the WMCA

richardjones210368

The  WMCA will announce today all cars will be banned from West Midlands streets by 2041 and a plan will be announced to plant a tree for every WMCA resident and a an announcement of sustainable plan to be carbon neutral from 2041 including scraping cars for N bus passes.

Sandy Lane

No mention in the plan of returning the West Midlands bus pass qualifying age back down to 60 year olds from 66 years plus, unlike London, Scotland & Wales.

Stuharris 6360

Just Street trying to make a name for himself because of the election on the 7th May 2020.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 10, 2020, 05:43:05 PM
Just Street trying to make a name for himself because of the election on the 7th May 2020.
Bloomin right!

richardjones210368

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 10, 2020, 05:41:25 PM
No mention in the plan of returning the West Midlands bus pass qualifying age back down to 60 year olds from 66 years plus, unlike London, Scotland & Wales.
The devolved Welsh Administration is to raise the qualifing age to state pension age.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 10, 2020, 05:43:05 PM
The Mayor will be discussing his vision for The West Midlands Tomorrow Morning at 10am on BBC ONE with Lizzie Glinker on the very 1st Edition of Politics Live following the sacking of Patrick Burns. Obviously the first must see television event of 2020. I understand there are no plans on the programme to discuss if Megan Markle will declare herself as part of her new life in the running for either the Labour Party Leadership As A Stop Jess Phillips candidate or if she any plans to enter The West Midlands Metro Mayor elections as a candidate despite I gather her backing from the GMB union.

richardjones210368

If you missed The Mayors excellent interview with Lizzie Glinker this morning on Politics Midlands It can be seen for the next 28 days on the BBCi Player. It is the first must see television event of 2020.

Despite the apparent backing of the GMB Union as I predicted there was no mention if Meghan Markle would be coming forward in the Labour Leadership Contest as part of her new life away from The Royal Family or if she will run for West Midlands Metro Mayor at the May elections.

The Interview will be repeated at 4pm Today on BBC Parliament Freeview Channel 232 the perfect warm up to listening to on WM or watching on Sky Sports Villa thrash Manchester City from 4.30

Follow this link to enjoy the excellent interview of the man in control of the bus network in the West Midlands when it is uploaded to the BBCi Player:

https://t.co/TphqgR4sdN

don

I'm afraid the Conservatives are very muddled up over Transport Strategy. On one hand they want to have a big road improvement programme, on the other they realise large public transport schemes can stimulate economic growth, but also tie up large sums of money (eg HS2 2).

One thing's for sure, they will now have to spend more money in the north with their new found voters - so money will be spread even more thinly elsewhere.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 12, 2020, 02:16:19 PM
I'm afraid the Conservatives are very muddled up over Transport Strategy. On one hand they want to have a big road improvement programme, on the other they realise large public transport schemes can stimulate economic growth, but also tie up large sums of money (eg HS2 2).

One thing's for sure, they will now have to spend more money in the north with their new found voters - so money will be spread even more thinly elsewhere.
The new administration is looking to build on The Buses Act of 2017 & a formal announcement will be made on the 11th March with regard to the future of buses in England.

Stuharris 6360

Seems that the Transport Secretary isn't very happy with Street's 10 point plan according to Central News.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 17, 2020, 05:40:41 PM
Seems that the Transport Secretary isn't very happy with Street's 10 point plan according to Central News.
That wasnt what I saw in the City Centre today Grant Shapps has full.confidence and support for the Mayors vision I dont think I would form my opinions from ATV.only perhaps on.Tiswas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk