News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Rail operators get the opportunity to recover from the organisation providing the infrastructure (Network Rail) for their contribution to delays (eg signalling; level crossing and other failure; delays caused by trees down or OHE problems - travellers can in turn claim delay repay.

Not so on buses - so TfWM create delay by tram works; various organisations relay cables. As bus travel is directly affected by this on regular occasions then it is per se a bit of a lottery - including for a commercial or any other operator. This is likely the main reason for X8 delays.

As for a valid survey, no one in their right mind would propose any transport facility based on I journey - maybe two or three at representative times over several weeks. I'm aware that LA subsidies are often based on very limited survey information - in the dim and distant past I was actually responsible for them amongst a host of other things, for a large local authority. I'm afraid these type of surveys are not statistically valid. Gone are the days when WMPTE carried out proper Transportation surveys that would deliver a coherent network based on defined needs - why - because the overwhelming national political flavour of the last 40 yrs has failed to understand of comprehend how 'to do' transport - or any other public service for that matter. Unfortunately the electorate either don't use the services of get duped by platitudes and rhetoric, or silly politicians who could power an entire fleet of barrage balloons by the hot air they spout!!!

That firms like NXWM manage to provide the excellent quality service they do and remain commercially successful is nothing short of miraculous in my view!!

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 23, 2020, 06:32:52 PM
Rail operators get the opportunity to recover from the organisation providing the infrastructure (Network Rail) for their contribution to delays (eg signalling; level crossing and other failure; delays caused by trees down or OHE problems - travellers can in turn claim delay repay.

Not so on buses - so TfWM create delay by tram works; various organisations relay cables. As bus travel is directly affected by this on regular occasions then it is per se a bit of a lottery - including for a commercial or any other operator. This is likely the main reason for X8 delays.

As for a valid survey, no one in their right mind would propose any transport facility based on I journey - maybe two or three at representative times over several weeks. I'm aware that LA subsidies are often based on very limited survey information - in the dim and distant past I was actually responsible for them amongst a host of other things, for a large local authority. I'm afraid these type of surveys are not statistically valid. Gone are the days when WMPTE carried out proper Transportation surveys that would deliver a coherent network based on defined needs - why - because the overwhelming national political flavour of the last 40 yrs has failed to understand of comprehend how 'to do' transport. That firms like NXWM manage to provide the excellent quality service they do and remain commercially successful is nothing short of miraculous in my view!!
The delays on the X8 @don are simply down to the utter incompetence of NXWM and its staff at WN nothing else otherwise I would be compaining about the PN13A as well as I am not lets face it they are a olioplic company not fit for purpose. The stats were not based on 1 journey you used to spend 7 days on a route recording the data if you want to look at the stats reports I used to help collate follow the link on one of my other threads it's all in here however I cannot comment publicly on any aspect the data:

2019 H M GOV BUS STATISTICS
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/bus-statistics
Started by richardjones210368

karl724223

Right firstly Billy you talk and post a load of bullshit
I've been on x10 all day today
I was  caught up in the fatal this morning that caused traffic problems
Then going into town the bus lane by the dog public house is out of use the sewage pipe has blown to much shit from blackheath
The traffic was backed up to quinton
Then at five ways it was down to one lane going up to the island
So come on Billy how do buses on the x8 get past all that lot and keep on time going to town
Then at five ways outbound its down to one lane again tram works
ALSO I WOULD SERIOUSLY QUESTION YOUR RESULTS ON SURVEYS FROM SO CALLED BLACKHEATH RESIDENTS
I ASKED  A TFWM SUPERVISOR IF HE HAD EVER HEARD OR KNEW OF YOU
AND GUESS WHAT HE SAID  NO

richardjones210368

Quote from: karl724223 on January 23, 2020, 07:05:46 PM
Then going into town the bus lane by the dog public house is out of use the sewage pipe has blown to much shit from blackheath
So come on Billy how do buses on the x8 get past all that lot and keep on time going to town
ALSO I WOULD SERIOUSLY QUESTION YOUR RESULTS ON SURVEYS FROM SO CALLED BLACKHEATH RESIDENTS
I doubt whether anyone at TfWM have ever heard of me why would they @karl724223 other than those few who report directly to the WMCA. Why would I have any day to day dealings with TfWM?  I have never ever said on this forum i work for TfWM and frankly have very very little to do with them directly?  I think you will find the WMCA is separate body with its own governance from TfWM even there I work directly with only one person. The only surveys I do on Blackheath residents are asking normal Blackheath folk at the bus stop and are you not a PN driver as you regularly point out so how can you comment on WN duty workings?

karl724223

So come on Billy bullshit
I go the same way as the X8 to brum and back from the stag
With what happened this morning how do you suggest the X8 keeps to time
Awaiting your bullshit reply

Quote from: karl724223 on January 23, 2020, 07:05:46 PM

Be careful Karl you might get blue penned for a personal attack
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

richardjones210368

Quote from: 900 on January 23, 2020, 07:23:47 PM

Be careful Karl you might get blue penned for a personal attack
No he is fine as a politically active person I happy for any comments good or bad it goes with the territory!

richardjones210368

Quote from: karl724223 on January 23, 2020, 07:19:44 PM
So come on Billy bullshit
I go the same way as the X8 to brum and back from the stag
With what happened this morning how do you suggest the X8 keeps to time
Awaiting your bullshit reply
Yes @karl724223 thats the problem you do not go to Blackheath, Rowley or Dudley know do you frankly I wished you did or move the X8 to PN at least that would be start from the idiots at WN the route management of the X8 is appalling give me the X10 anyday.

karl724223

TONKA TOY ON 231 SERVICE ALL THIS WEEK BEEN RUNNING AROUND WITH A NON COMPLIANT FRONT DESTINATIN BLIND  TO SMALL AND NUMBER ON THE WRONG SIDE
BET YOU HAVNT REPORTED THAT 

richardjones210368

Quote from: karl724223 on January 23, 2020, 07:36:06 PM
TONKA TOY ON 231 SERVICE ALL THIS WEEK BEEN RUNNING AROUND WITH A NON COMPLIANT FRONT DESTINATIN BLIND  TO SMALL AND NUMBER ON THE WRONG SIDE
BET YOU HAVNT REPORTED THAT
I think you will find  I have@karl724223  cannot comment on it further right off for my lane swimming cheers

karl724223

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 23, 2020, 07:38:33 PM
Think you will find I have @karl724223 right off for my lane swimming cheers
you still haven't answered my question I put to you

Stu

Right, I've had enough of this...

This thread has become 61 pages of mostly drivel, and now comes to a timely end.

The arguments, bickering and rantings stop here.

A firm line is being drawn in the sand. If any member chooses to cross that line after this point, then they will be warned or removed from this forum.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk