News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 23, 2020, 08:40:39 AM
You do post some utter rubbish I visit two different clients on Boultbee Business Park in Nechelles and never see the 94 full and use both companies 55. They are more busier since 70s were cut I grant you.I only use the X22 to Balmoral Road and that's always empty compared with the old 22. You obviously never use these service or wouldn't be making such statements and what it has to do with Blackheath other than for me using them is anybody's guess. I never use X20 or X21 therefore cannot comment on these  services.
I use the 55/94 and X20/X21/X22 daily.
And say that on a completely rammed 6801 on the 94.
Both routes are full in the peaks between City Centre and Ward End on the 55/94 and Selly Oak/Quinton Road on the X20's, anyone who say they are empty has never used them.

And 6801 will be leaving the City Centre on the 94 fairly busy as well.

Not rubbish at all, the only rubbish I can see is your post stating they are never busy.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on January 23, 2020, 08:46:53 AM
I use the 55/94 and X20/X21/X22 daily.
And say that on a completely rammed 6801 on the 94.
Both routes are full in the peaks between City Centre and Ward End on the 55/94 and Selly Oak/Quinton Road on the X20's, anyone who say they are empty has never used them.
The other reason could be I am going against the flow of traffic at the times I use them as I am many things but not a peak time commuter I really couldn't be arsed with that sort of palaver
You misquoted me I actually said "I never see them busy" which I don't!

However if you a daily user of the 55/94 & X20/1/2  as I would usually be on the X8 I am happy to withdraw my comments @2206 and agree with your comments as I would never dispute the views and comments of a daily user. Many Apologies @2206

richardjones210368

There are major disruptions for Blackheath Bus Users Live as the road is closed outside the Classic Cinema disrupting X8 X10 19
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-hagley-road-west-police-17616362.amp
@nxwestmidlands
DIVERSION: #19, #X8, #X10 Due to a police road closure on Hagley Road West services are being diverted from Quinton Church to Spies Lane, Kent Road and then normal line of route. This is currently impacting services out of Birmingham Apologies for any delays to your journey

UPDATE AT 12.17
45 Year Old Man Dead, 24 Year Old Arrested in Ridgeway Avenue, X8 now resuming normal route and returning to its normal level of complete unreliability

Steve3229vp

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 23, 2020, 09:44:45 AM
There are major disruptions for Blackheath Bus Users Live as the road is closed outside the Classic Cinema disrupting X8 X10 19
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-hagley-road-west-police-17616362.amp
@nxwestmidlands
DIVERSION: #19, #X8, #X10 Due to a police road closure on Hagley Road West services are being diverted from Quinton Church to Spies Lane, Kent Road and then normal line of route. This is currently impacting services out of Birmingham Apologies for any delays to your journey

UPDATE AT 12.17
45 Year Old Man Dead, 24 Year Old Arrested in Ridgeway Avenue, X8 now resuming normal route and returning to its normal level of complete unreliability
You doing it again, you're X8 bashing - why can't just leave it alone, you've made your point many times so please just stop it

richardjones210368

Quote from: Steve3229vp on January 23, 2020, 01:23:34 PM
You doing it again, you're X8 bashing - why can't just leave it alone, you've made your point many times so please just stop it
Thank your for your kind comments @Steve3229vp but if you are not interested in my very honest comments about Blackheath Bus Services may I suggest you refrain from clicking on the thread as my comments about the X8 will only cease when the unreliability issues of the service cease I am not going to change my postings or views of the X8 for you or anybody.

Trident 4194

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 23, 2020, 01:39:13 PM
Thank your for your kind comments @Steve3229vp but if you are not interested in my very honest comments about Blackheath Bus Services may I suggest you refrain from clicking on the thread as my comments about the X8 will only cease when the unreliability issues of the service cease I am not going to change my postings or views of the X8 for you or anybody.

Guess the entirety of Quinton came to a standstill this morning. I was stuck in it. Got of the 9 to catch the 24 and it took a good 45 mins from Tesco to harborne baths. Not just the X8 affected

richardjones210368

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 23, 2020, 04:18:10 PM
Guess the entirety of Quinton came to a standstill this morning. I was stuck in it. Got of the 9 to catch the 24 and it took a good 45 mins from Tesco to harborne baths. Not just the X8 affected
@Trident4194 awfull loss of life again, a lad I went to school with was knocked down crossing the road the rd to get the 140 home back outside  the Classic in 1980 and he still walks with a limp today when I bumped into in Sainsbury's 39 years later it's the killing fields of Quinton there sadly.

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 23, 2020, 09:44:45 AM
X8 now resuming normal route and returning to its normal level of complete unreliability

What is your measurement to determine service unreliability? What percentage of journeys disrupted and by what time period. Without such information this statement is basically rhetoric with no objective yardstick, unlike the rest of the information in your post which was useful.

I suspect in reality the level of reliability is high and would be even higher if it weren't for the odd unfortunate incident and the Birmingham roadworks which I guess have been agreed by TfWM and Birmingham City Council as a necessary evil to enable a better transport system in the long run.

So I suspect you're generally complaining about something which is caused by TfWM and no other transport user or operator has any control over it.....

If you stopped the platitude/rhetoric nonsense I'm sure everybody would feel a lot better...
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 23, 2020, 05:11:20 PM
What is your measurement to determine service unreliability? What percentage of journeys disrupted and by what time period. Without such information this statement is basically rhetoric with no objective yardstick, unlike the rest of the information in your post which was useful.

I suspect in reality the level of reliability is high and would be even higher if it weren't for the odd unfortunate incident and the Birmingham roadworks which I guess have been agreed by TfWM and Birmingham City Council as a necessary evil to enable a better transport system in the long run.

So I suspect you're generally complaining about something which is caused by TfWM and no other transport user or operator has any control over it.....

If you stopped the platitude/rhetoric nonsense I'm sure everybody would feel a lot better...
It's really weird @don the measurement to determine service unreliability or reliability I use personally is oddly standing at the bus stop and then waiting to see if the bus I am waiting for arrives at the stop at the time registered with OfTC that is solely the operators responsibility on a commercial service. I record every journey I use in my diary I carry with me at all times except when I am in the swimming pool and corelate it with the service registration. Operators can amend timetables to reflect planned disruptions and roadworks as the regulatory authorities consult all stakeholders in advance the simple fact sadly is West Midlands Travel Limited is just utterly incompetent. I used to be contracted by DfT/ONS to collect stats which are published annually and I have posted them in another thread for 2019 on this forum and the most unreliable route within the TfWM area monitored by me over a 6hr period with the stats up linked to H M Gov in 2019 was....................

don

So it's not objective - indeed your journey could be the only one delayed - in some cases you and others have stated delay when there wasn't any.

I don't doubt your hard felt opinions on this but what you've described is not an objective measure it's totally subjective and certainly does not justify you concluding that NXWM is an unfit operator and all the other stuff etc etc.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 23, 2020, 05:52:05 PM
So it's not objective - indeed your journey could be the only one delayed - in some cases you and others have stated delay when there wasn't any.

I don't doubt your hard felt opinions on this but what you've described is not an objective measure it's totally subjective and certainly does not justify you concluding that NXWM is an unfit operator and all the other stuff etc etc.
When your wearing a yellow high vis and sitting on the same bus route for six hours recording departure and arrival & passenger usage it's not objectivity but simply recording the data I am not allowed to post any of that data here but dont tell @Tony it was bad news for Blackheath Bus Users I was rather pleased with the final 2019 stats I recorded for H M Gov you would never guess what was officially the most unreliable bus service I recorded that was registered with the OfTC in the TfWM area and that service was.........................

Bus Man K2

Quote from: don on January 23, 2020, 05:52:05 PM

It may be just his journey that is delayed but just think of the other people who travle along this route and may be cought up in this delay. No one wants to see two buses running together do they!!  I certainly don't like  to see  ywo buses running together. I have the same problem with one of my local routes, (which I won't mention in this thread as the route is changeing in a couple of day).

Stu

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 23, 2020, 06:02:09 PM
When your wearing a yellow high vis and sitting on the same bus route for six hours recording departure and arrival & passenger usage it's not objectivity but simply recording the data

Hmm, I thought you said you were an accountant?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

I hope the change does make a change!! I doubt it though.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stu on January 23, 2020, 06:09:04 PM
Hmm, I thought you said you were an accountant?
I am @Stu been the principal of our family accountancy practice in Edgbaston since 2001. I go out to visit our clients and take tax cases to HMRC/HMCTS tax tribunals but my cousin who is AAT runs the office day to day. In 2011 the accountancy institute took part in HMRC Working Together and I ended up attached to the BIS, in 2014 I became attached to The Treasury sadly I had to leave the role in 2016 after a bit of bother with Europe and the incoming PM scrapped the working together scheme as she knew better however whilst working alongside the DfT I was asked to join their data recording teams for the DfT/ONS which I continued to do until parliament was dissolved in November and the work ceased and was able to join the forum throughout all this I am still a fully qualified accountant and principal of our family practice hope that clears up any confusion for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk