News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on January 22, 2020, 12:50:26 PM
There is no issue though, all operators do it? Even diamond the 226 has the branded streetlites but sometimes you get a b7 (31/32 WMB branded one was noted earlier this month) covering if there's not enough streetlites to cover.

First does it, Stagecoach does it, Go Ahead group of buses do it etc. Think all companies would rather have a bus running the route than miss out one because it is not the right type or not the right branded one.
My issue is capacity problems when Leasowes & St Micheal schoolchildern use this service this afternoon causing severe overcrowding for Blackheath bus users. Have you ever seen The Stag & St Giles after 3pm. A single decker is totally unsuitable for the route if the idiots at WN knew the area they would know that there were never capacity issues on the PN140/241 it demonstrates the utter incompetence of West Midland Travel Limited

BK63 YWP

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 01:10:01 PM
My issue is capacity problems when Leasowes & St Micheal schoolchildern use this service this afternoon causing severe overcrowding for Blackheath bus users. Have you ever seen The Stag & St Giles after 3pm. A single decker is totally unsuitable for the route if the idiots at WN knew the area they would know that there were never capacity issues on the PN140/241 it demonstrates the utter incompetence of West Midland Travel Limited

But that B7 could be replaced at the first chance if a decker becomes available WN would swap it when it comes back into wolves bus station.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

richardjones210368

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on January 22, 2020, 01:17:21 PM
But that B7 could be replaced at the first chance if a decker becomes available WN would swap it when it comes back into wolves bus station.
I doubt it I see severe overcrowding on the X8 for Blackheath Schoolchildren when a B7 is on it leading to completely unsafe conditions of operation to me that is not acceptable behaviour from a bus company  which why I say  WMT are not a fit and proper company. People think I moan for moans sake but I genuinely worry about the safety of passengers on the X8.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 01:31:35 PM
I doubt it I see severe overcrowding on the X8 for Blackheath Schoolchildren when a B7 is on it leading to completely unsafe conditions of operation to me that is not acceptable behaviour from a bus company  which why I say  WMT are not a fit and proper company. People think I moan for moans sake but I genuinely worry about the safety of passengers on the X8.

You could say the same for the 226 specially when the crestwood school finishes the 226 gets packed
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Caught 6783 on the X8 earlier, only a few minutes late and it had 16 minutes layover in the City Centre so would have departed on time on its outbound journey to Wolverhampton.
No complaints about the bus or journey in my opinion.
Board X8/09.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

richardjones210368

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on January 22, 2020, 01:42:06 PM
You could say the same for the 226 specially when the crestwood school finishes the 226 gets packed
Not really that service gets normally the bus  allocated the operator feels appropriate I am not aware of any deckers at Tividale.  There are always well over 100 kids at The Stag and the service requires double deckers on the route since the frequency was cut from 4 buses per hour to 3. West Midlands Travel have no respect for the social welfare of its passengers when allocating an unsuitable vehicle to the X8 therefore it is not an operator that is fit for purpose.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on January 22, 2020, 01:45:21 PM
Caught 6783 on the X8 earlier, only a few minutes late and it had 16 minutes layover in the City Centre so would have departed on time on its outbound journey to Wolverhampton.
No complaints about the bus or journey in my opinion.
Board X8/09.
I take note of @2206 comment "a few minutes late" so no change there but if the correct vehicle is allocated to the X8 and it departed on time then what is the point of the post and what actually is there to complain about I dont follow?

Gareth

"Over 100 school kids" wouldn't fit on a double decker either

richardjones210368

Quote from: Gareth on January 22, 2020, 02:11:30 PM
"Over 100 school kids" wouldn't fit on a double decker either
Not they wouldnt @Gareth would they but they would on an X8 Double Deck Platinum and a PN14 towards Blackheath if the buses were corrected allocated wouldn't they matey so your point is?

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 02:53:26 PM
Not the wouldnt @Gareth would they but they would on an X8 Double Deck Platinum and a PN14 towards Blackheath if the buses were corrected allocated wouldn't they matey so your point is?
No school kids about at midday either, when I saw 2141.
Better than no bus at all surely as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 02:53:26 PM
Not they wouldnt @Gareth would they but they would on an X8 Double Deck Platinum and a PN14 towards Blackheath if the buses were corrected allocated wouldn't they matey so your point is?

But a B7RLE does have a maximum capacity of 100 whereas a decker doesn't!

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on January 22, 2020, 02:55:36 PM
No school kids about at midday either, when I saw 2141.
Better than no bus at all surely as well.
No @2206  totally irresponsible scheduling from an operator who has no care for its passengers and is not fit to hold its operators licence a lot of St Micks finish at 12pm on a Wednesday for extracurricular activities so the bus was completely unsuitable for St Giles Church. The sooner we get regulation imposed by the WMCA to be announced on the 11th March 2020 by H M Government to end the cowboy activities of this operator the better.

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 01:51:56 PM
Not really that service gets normally the bus  allocated the operator feels appropriate I am not aware of any deckers at Tividale. There are always well over 100 kids at The Stag and the service requires double deckers on the route since the frequency was cut from 4 buses per hour to 3. West Midlands Travel have no respect for the social welfare of its passengers when allocating an unsuitable vehicle to the X8 therefore it is not an operator that is fit for purpose.

So NXWM is not a fit and proper operator because it occasionally substitutes a single decker, whereas Diamond is a fit and proper operator even though it can't be asked to equip itself with vehicles appropriate for the job? This seems a somewhat biased viewpoint by any analysis??!!  ::)
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on January 22, 2020, 02:58:02 PM
But a B7RLE does have a maximum capacity of 100 whereas a decker doesn't!
So you expect over 60s & those with disabilities such as myself or other concessionary pass holders to stand up amongst youngsters @Tony  a very caring approach from a bus company I must say. I must mention that to The Mayor he likes a good laugh and HS2.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 22, 2020, 03:02:28 PM
So NXWM is not a fit and proper operator because it occasionally substitutes a single decker, whereas Diamond is a fit and proper operator even though it can't be asked to equip itself with vehicles appropriate for the job? This seems a somewhat biased viewpoint by any analysis??!!  ::)
@don I do not regard a single decker as a safe vehicle on the X8 for its passengers only an idiot would schedule one on it. I am not aware of any issues regarding "vehicles appropriate for the job" or capacity problems on the Diamond Buses I use the only capacity problems I witness are on the X8 if you are aware of capacity problems or"vehicles appropriate for the job"   on Diamond Buses I suggest you contact the operator on:
comments@diamondbuses.com
for its consideration of the issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk