News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on January 21, 2020, 06:09:52 PM
The 89 stopped going to Blackheath in 2017, at the same time the 83 went because it replaced it. Technically Blackheath does still have a bus that goes to the Western side of Smethwick... the 13A....
Ok @Jack cheers thought it went to Oldbury instead of Blackheath from 2014 Cheers but the the 13A doesn't hit the Cape like the good old 129  does it mate but I agree it touches just on smethwick.

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 21, 2020, 06:14:03 PM
Ok @Jack cheers thought it went to Oldbury instead of Blackheath from 2014 Cheers but the the 13A doesn't hit the Cape like the good old 129  does it mate but I agree it touches just on smethwick.
Well the 13A crosses over Bearwood at the Bear Tavern, so it does go into Smethwick...

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on January 21, 2020, 06:17:08 PM
Well the 13A crosses over Bearwood at the Bear Tavern, so it does go into Smethwick...
To my age its Warley but yes its a Smethwick postal address my Gran lived nearby so yes your right @Jack

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on January 20, 2020, 07:43:00 PM
Or, @Stu , the original posting could have been complete rubbish. (possibly to wind Mr Jones up)
The X8 is only hourly at that time of night.
The 21:49 journey from Quinton Stag to Wolverhampton was 8 minutes late at 21:57 (bus 6780)
The 22:49 journey from Quinton Stag to Wolverhampton was exactly on time (bus 6762)
@Tony It would appear YOUR observations were correct on the X8 on Sunday so please accept my apologies for my comments and please pass my thanks to West Midlands Travel Limited for the excellent level of service it operated on the service on Sunday Night. I am most sorry for my comments and wish to withdraw them fully. After today's mishap for Diamond Buses in West Brom Bus station think I may partake in the NXWM 4H to go lane swimming tonight...............................................

don

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 21, 2020, 06:21:06 PM
To my age its Warley but yes its a Smethwick postal address my Gran lived nearby so yes your right @Jack
@richardjones210368 I agree entirely with you, that is actually Bearwood (the north end of the High Street). Prior to 1974 when that odd beast called Sandwell was created it was part of Warley LA area - maybe it was part of Smethwick LA area before that (1966?).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: Winston on January 21, 2020, 04:33:29 PM
The last full commercial 4H leaves Hayley Green at 7pm (earlier) than Diamond (Mon - Sat only). Beyond that, the Halesowen - Hasbury 4H which NXWM operate is tendered.
Thanks I didn't realise that. Presumably the services in the evening at Halesowen are commercial (eg 9 etc)? 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on January 21, 2020, 07:20:30 PM
Thanks I didn't realise that. Presumably the services in the evening at Halesowen are commercial (eg 9 etc)?

The 9 is commercial of an evening, the very bottom end of Hasbury/Lutely is walkable from the 9 route, Hayley Green is a good 1-1.5 miles away.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 21, 2020, 07:20:30 PM
Before Diamond Bus took over the 4H/417 the family business that ran the service up Gorsty Hill previously had the last bus of the day departing at 17.15 to West Bromwich from Halesowen the current service level is a marked improvement over the late 80s and 90s timetable and should be applauded. The 9 is commercial until 1am every weekday and later at weekends from Colmore Row I have regularly used the 1am journey from the office it usually well used then walked home from the picture house.

OH25

Quote from: Tony on January 20, 2020, 07:43:00 PM
Or, @Stu , the original posting could have been complete rubbish. (possibly to wind Mr Jones up)
The X8 is only hourly at that time of night.
The 21:49 journey from Quinton Stag to Wolverhampton was 8 minutes late at 21:57 (bus 6780)
The 22:49 journey from Quinton Stag to Wolverhampton was exactly on time (bus 6762)

If this is referring to my observation in the late running thread, then you are wrong. I saw them both following each other at the time I stated and it wasn't to wind anyone up because quite frankly the amount of posting to do with that one bus service is a bit over the top.

This isn't me moaning or having a dig, I'm just letting people know.

winston

Quote from: OH25 on January 21, 2020, 09:32:28 PM
If this is referring to my observation in the late running thread, then you are wrong. I saw them both following each other at the time I stated and it wasn't to wind anyone up because quite frankly the amount of posting to do with that one bus service is a bit over the top.

This isn't me moaning or having a dig, I'm just letting people know.

@OH25 - Yes it was in relation to your obs.

Don't suppose you saw the fleet numbers of the two X8's so we can put this to bed?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on January 21, 2020, 09:47:57 PM
@OH25 - Yes it was in relation to your obs.

Don't suppose you saw the fleet numbers of the two X8's so we can put this to bed?
The matter is closed as far I am concerned

richardjones210368

"2141 - X8."
@2206 has noted a completely unsuitable bus yet again on this route. Is it me or are NXWM completely unable to route schedule this route with a suitable bus it really is unbelievable day after day after day just complete and utter incompetence from the operator.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 12:12:23 PM
"2141 - X8."
@2206 has noted a completely unsuitable bus yet again on this route. Is it me or are NXWM completely unable to route schedule this route with a suitable bus it really is unbelievable day after day after day just complete and utter incompetence from the operator.

Rather have a bus than no bus hun.... so it's more acceptable to miss a bus out or put a bus with issues (which I heard a diamond bus driver state the other day) in service? You need your head testing.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

richardjones210368

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on January 22, 2020, 12:16:43 PM
Rather have a bus than no bus hun.... so it's more acceptable to miss a bus out or put a bus with issues (which I heard a diamond bus driver state the other day) in service? You need your head testing.
If the company was fit and proper to operate the matter would not arise & thank you for your medical advice it is most kind of you but had that done at the QE on Monday they seemed to agree with your comments oddly. HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Tomorrow @SL 16 YPN

BK63 YWP

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 22, 2020, 12:19:48 PM
If the company was fit and proper to operate the matter would not arise & thank you for your medical advice it is most kind of you but had that done at the QE on Monday they seemed to agree with your comments oddly. HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Tomorrow @SL 16 YPN

There is no issue though, all operators do it? Even diamond the 226 has the branded streetlites but sometimes you get a b7 (31/32 WMB branded one was noted earlier this month) covering if there's not enough streetlites to cover.

First does it, Stagecoach does it, Go Ahead group of buses do it etc. Think all companies would rather have a bus running the route than miss out one because it is not the right type or not the right branded one.

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk