News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: pndriver on January 04, 2020, 09:58:51 AM
@2206 he speaks on behalf of the people of Blackheath
Quite right the good people of Blackheath need someone to stand up against NXWM being the terrible operator they are thankfully the good people of Blackheath have Diamond Bus to depend on, on the 4H

midlandred2003

Well as some one who lives in the area he speaking for me..

richardjones210368

Quote from: midlandred2003 on January 04, 2020, 10:17:50 AM
Well as some one who lives in the area he speaking for me..
Thanks mate see you on the Diamond 231 you will easily recognise me I am on the only person under 60 on the bus.

midlandred2003

Sorry my previous post should have said Not speaking for me.

richardjones210368

Quote from: midlandred2003 on January 04, 2020, 11:33:45 AM
Sorry my previous post should have said Not speaking for me.
Ok thats fine no problem at all. if your happy with the 140/241 every 15mins being replaced by the X8 at a 20 min frequency thats ok by me the people I speak to daily outside Poundland & Market Place certainly agree with my.views as do those waiting for half hourly 13A that replaced the 127 & 129 which ran every 15 mins if your happy with the massive frequency cuts imposed by West Midlands Travel Ltd in Blackheath to increase the dividend payments to shareholders of National Express PLC then thats fine as a TfWM Bus Champion my comments simply reflect the views of the people I speak to in Blackheath on a daily basis. I am very proud my business case to the WMCA that kept the 231 running off New John Street your local bus service. Mind you though I do try to.hide from my mate Karls dad if you think I complain about NXWM you should meet him waiting for the 13A.........................

BN

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 04, 2020, 09:49:32 AM
As far as I am aware the Diamond Bus services serving Blackheath are all single deck and therefore capacity is not an issue for the operator. When a third rate  bus operator such as NXWM cuts the frequency of a service from every 15 mins to every 20 mins simply to increase the dividends paid to the shareholders of National Express PLC and then schedule a single deck bus is downright irresponsible and proves yet again NXWM is not a fit and proper operator. It is yet another example of National Express West Midlands not caring a single jot for the bus users of Blackheath the sooner the WMCA bring in QEPs and EPs the better to regulate these cowboys with the return of the Government they now have the mandate to do this in The Buses Act.
3rd rate, ever thought about stand up comedy?

BN

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 04, 2020, 11:47:08 AM
Ok thats fine no problem at all. if your happy with the 140/241 every 15mins being replaced by the X8 at a 20 min frequency thats ok by me the people I speak to daily outside Poundland & Market Place certainly agree with my.views as do those waiting for half hourly 13A that replaced the 127 & 129 which ran every 15 mins if your happy with the massive frequency cuts imposed by West Midlands Travel Ltd in Blackheath to increase the dividend payments to shareholders of National Express PLC then thats fine as a TfWM Bus Champion my comments simply reflect the views of the people I speak to in Blackheath on a daily basis. I am very proud my business case to the WMCA that kept the 231 running off New John Street your local bus service. Mind you though I do try to.hide from my mate Karls dad if you think I complain about NXWM you should meet him waiting for the 13A.........................
All those hard done by people in Blackheath, isn't there about 10 NX services that serve there?

midlandred2003

I shall be using the 4H Monday about 1pm for a drink in Halesowen, I use the first bus to arrive, coming back until last year I waited at the slims gate stop for the diamond 4H but walk to the bus station now, the reason being I was stood at slims gate 50 minutes 1 diamond came sailing by with out stopping the others presumably missed that section of route completely not so perfect as you make out.

Kevin

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 04, 2020, 09:49:32 AM
As far as I am aware the Diamond Bus services serving Blackheath are all single deck and therefore capacity is not an issue for the operator..... Blah blah words etc...

So NXWM replace a decker with a full sized single deck, capacity reduced by a bit, not much, and you lose your mind
Diamond replace a full sized single deck with a minibus and it's absolutely fine?
Get a grip
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

richardjones210368

Quote from: Kevin on January 04, 2020, 12:47:33 PM
So NXWM replace a decker with a full sized single deck, capacity reduced by a bit, not much, and you lose your mind
Diamond replace a full sized single deck with a minibus and it's absolutely fine?
Get a grip
Because the 4H is a high frequency service I am pretty sure a Mellor could quite easily cope with the loads on the 4H well they can when I am on a Mellor on the 4H so you argument is pointless the X8 does not operate at frequent intervals and since the route frequency reduction a single decker contact cope you obviously never used the 140/241 previously to compare it with the X8 or we would not be having this discussion and frankly who ever decided to put a single decker on the X8 at NXWM is a total idiot and confirms my view the company is not fit for purpose as was the case this morning when the NXWM 4H failed to arrive to take a Wilko worker to work they are an utter disgrace and how anyone can defend such a company is beyond me.

Kevin

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 04, 2020, 12:57:48 PM
Because the 4H is a high frequency service I am pretty sure a Mellor could quite easily cope with the loads on the 4H well they can when I am on a Mellor on the 4H so you argument is pointless the X8 does not operate at frequent intervals and since the route frequency reduction a single decker contact cope you obviously never used the 140/241 previously to compare it with the X8 or we would not be having this discussion and frankly who ever decided to put a single decker on the X8 at NXWM is a total idiot and confirms my view the company is not fit for purpose as was the case this morning when the NXWM 4H failed to arrive to take a Wilko worker to work they are an utter disgrace and how anyone can defend such a company is beyond me.

You can't really claim the 4H runs high frequency when it's only every 15 minutes...
And no, you would be wrong, I did use the 140/241, and they were frequently empty, so a 15 minute frequency in my view was not justified. Likewise the frequency of the 4H if they're as little used as you suggest.
Don't get me wrong, I love Diamond, I'd sometimes wait for them over the NXWM 16 from Hamstead into Brum, but they were horribly unreliable on that route. But they're not a patch on NXWM
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

richardjones210368

Quote from: Kevin on January 04, 2020, 01:19:37 PM
You can't really claim the 4H runs high frequency when it's only every 15 minutes...
And no, you would be wrong, I did use the 140/241, and they were frequently empty, so a 15 minute frequency in my view was not justified. Likewise the frequency of the 4H if they're as little used as you suggest.
Don't get me wrong, I love Diamond, I'd sometimes wait for tķhem over the NXWM 16 from Hamstead into Brum, but they were horribly unreliable on that route. But they're not a patch on NXWM
Are you for real? You obviously dont live in Blackheath to make such riddiculous comments I used the 140 for 51 years I rarely saw it empty it and the 241 were a cash cow for West Midlands Travel Ltd if the service was so not used why was the frequency retained from 1984 to 2018 if as you say it was always empty which frankly is a laughable comment. National Express PLC saw the frequency reduction as way to boost its margins on the route for the benefit of its shareholders not the customers in Blackheath and I may be the worst accountant in Birmingham but a route that has 7 buses per hour such as the 4H is classed as High Frequency by TfWM.

richardjones210368

Quote from: BN on January 04, 2020, 12:27:59 PM
3rd rate, ever thought about stand up comedy?
I have actually I think my tales of woe about NXWM would have everyone in hysterics in the Comedy Club on Broad Street dont you?

richardjones210368

Quote from: BN on January 04, 2020, 12:29:53 PM
All those hard done by people in Blackheath, isn't there about 10 NX services that serve there?
Yes but who needs 10 NXWM routes when they are so hopelessly unreliable and of no benefit to anyone because of the sheer incompetence of West Midlands Travel Ltd.

richardjones210368

Quote from: midlandred2003 on January 04, 2020, 12:37:58 PM
I shall be using the 4H Monday about 1pm for a drink in Halesowen, I use the first bus to arrive, coming back until last year I waited at the slims gate stop for the diamond 4H but walk to the bus station now, the reason being I was stood at slims gate 50 minutes 1 diamond came sailing by with out stopping the others presumably missed that section of route completely not so perfect as you make out.
I would strongly advise anyone with a TfWM ticket or pass to get the first bus that comes first regardless of operator my 85 year old dad certainly does on the 4H. If you have an issue with any aspect  of Diamond Buses Limited operations I suggest you contact the operator direct as I have no problems with them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk