News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 07, 2019, 04:31:03 PM
I agree with you there, or you could make the 3A a circular service covering Throne Road, Stuart Road, Hanover Road, Rowley Village, Bell End/Mincing Lane, Oldbury Road and back into Throne Road, every 30 mins. And increase the 3 to every 20 mins. Tbf I don't see why they couldn't of put the 8** E200's on the 3A, and displace Omnilinks onto the more frequent 3 and onto the 49 which does see more Deckers now.
Yes mate good alternative that or send the TfWM 20/1 round the loop

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 07, 2019, 04:45:36 PM
Yes mate good alternative that or send the TfWM 20/1 round the loop
To be honest, I think a few of the routes in Rowley are in need of entire rethink, a few of the changes last year weren't great, like the 13B. And the complete pointless renumbering, should of changed the number 126 to make it even.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Jack on December 08, 2019, 01:35:58 AM
To be honest, I think a few of the routes in Rowley are in need of entire rethink, a few of the changes last year weren't great, like the 13B. And the complete pointless renumbering, should of changed the number 126 to make it even.

I tottaly agree with renumbering the 126, but NX think because it's such an iconic number it should stay. Which I can see both sides of the argument.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 08, 2019, 11:47:09 AM
I tottaly agree with renumbering the 126, but NX think because it's such an iconic number it should stay. Which I can see both sides of the argument.
The was nothing more iconic than 140 and were stuck.now with the rubbish that is the X8

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 11:52:37 AM
The was nothing more iconic than 140 and were stuck.now with the rubbish that is the X8

Everyone Kew about the 126 more that the 140 as the 126 is much more faster to Birmingham than the 140 was. Aprt from in rush hour when everything seems to come to a stand still!!!

winston

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 11:52:37 AM

The whole re-numbering scheme is daft, especially now there's multiple services all with the same single digit route number. Even London don't duplicate route numbers, they're all individual.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Winston on December 08, 2019, 11:58:33 AM
The whole re-numbering scheme is daft, especially now there's multiple services all with the same single digit route number. Even London don't duplicate route numbers, they're all individual.
Yes it gets confusing at Five Ways when your asked about an 8 do the want sunny Blackheath or the deepest darkest Inner Circle it's just daft Halesowen has a 13 & so does Blackheath

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on December 08, 2019, 11:58:33 AM

I agree it is daft but we have to put up with it. I don't think there's any problem with having duplicate numbers. It only matters if they cross each other along the route and I don't think there's any services that are duplicate and cross each other along the route?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 08, 2019, 12:04:22 PM
I agree it is daft but we have to put up with it. I don't think there's any problem with having duplicate numbers. It only matters if they cross each other along the route and I don't think there's any services that are duplicate and cross each other along the route?
2 8s and 2 10s at Five Ways

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 12:02:38 PM
Yes it gets confusing at Five Ways when your asked about an 8 for Blackheath or  Inner Circle it's just daft Halesowen has a 13 & so does Blackheath

As I've just posted though these services don't cross each other. So there shouldn't be and confusion. It's also that the 13 is operated by a different operator. I never ask for the 8 to Blackheath I would ask for the X8. That's just the way I'd ask but everyone's different.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 12:06:25 PM
2 8s and 2 10s at Five Ways

Again with the 10s one is a X route and the other is a normal 10 service. So no confusion there. As far as I can see!!

richardjones210368

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 08, 2019, 12:09:27 PM
Again with the 10s one is a X route and the other is a normal 10 service. So no confusion there.
Right then explain to me why most nights I have to send passengers off to the right stop at Five Ways as they don't differentiate between A C & X ? It never happened with the 140 and don't start me on 13 & 13A that one is so stupid ending up in different towns the number of passengers who ask as I get off at Sainsburys when do we get to Oldbury is unbelievable it does confuse folk so much.

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 08, 2019, 12:04:22 PM

It's not all about whilst on the ground, what about for infrequent or new passengers that are searching for timetables online that aren't familiar with the network:

Route No 3 search:
https://nxbus.co.uk/search/west-midlands/?site%5Bsearch%5D=3&show%5Broutes%5D=1&utm_source=nav

Route No 4 search:
https://nxbus.co.uk/search/west-midlands/?site%5Bsearch%5D=4&site%5Bsubmit%5D=SUBMIT

Route No 5 search:
https://nxbus.co.uk/search/west-midlands/?site%5Bsearch%5D=5&site%5Bsubmit%5D=SUBMIT

Even on the forum it causes confusion, as people have to post which depot & route number they're referring too

richardjones210368

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 08, 2019, 12:08:09 PM
As I've just posted though these services don't cross each other. So there shouldn't be and confusion. It's also that the 13 is operated by a different operator. I never ask for the 8 to Blackheath I would ask for the X8. That's just the way I'd ask but everyone's different.
From me experience no one uses the prefix I think you will find the 13 & 13A are both operated by NXWM luckily in the Marketplace most Blackheath folk still say has the 140 gone yet sound folk Blackheath folk!  the confusion I see at Five Ways with 2 8s and 2 10s has to be seen to be believed.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 08, 2019, 12:11:54 PM
Right then explain to me why most nights I have to send passengers off to the right stop at Five Ways as they don't differentiate between A C & X ? It never happened with the 140 and don't start me on 13 & 13A that does confuse folk so much.

Maybe they need to start saying the X10 or the 8A or 8C then. As if it's so confusing then they better get used to using the pre fix or suffex of the letters. Then they may get used to it. Not saying that us bus buffins should treat them as idiots. Just treat them as people how don't use the bus often enough to know these things and also for the people how keep asking then maybe treat them as idiots, as they should know better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk