News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 11:07:10 AM
and Where's the institute and cross roads? Is it where it's shown now?
Just had a look at the map.  The current map shows Wood Road as ending on Church Road, which is incorrect.  My suggestion would be to move 'Church Road' text down, and add in Mount Road (which starts at the crossroads with School Road, Wood Road and Church Road) as more of a reference, like Wightwick Bank has been.

With regards to the 63, it doesn't serve Victoria Street at all.

Outbound:
Darlington Street, School Street, Salop Street, Peel Street, Pitt Street, Worcester Street, Ring Road St Marks, Great Brickkiln Street

Inbound:
Great Brickkiln Street, Ring Road St Marks, School Street, Pitt Street, Cleveland Street, Garrick Street, Bilston Street, to bus station.

Pat

Quote from: DJ on January 23, 2021, 11:15:58 AM
It depends, I've had them set down there multiple times, usually when the driver has a break before the next trip. I don't think they are timetabled to do so, though.
They used to, but now set down on the Police Station stop, then go for break.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 23, 2021, 11:17:39 AM
Just had a look at the map.  The current map shows Wood Road as ending on Church Road, which is incorrect.  My suggestion would be to move 'Church Road' text down, and add in Mount Road (which starts at the crossroads with School Road, Wood Road and Church Road) as more of a reference, like Wightwick Bank has been.

With regards to the 63, it doesn't serve Victoria Street at all.

Outbound:
Darlington Street, School Street, Salop Street, Peel Street, Pitt Street, Worcester Street, Ring Road St Marks, Great Brickkiln Street

Inbound:
Great Brickkiln Street, Ring Road St Marks, School Street, Pitt Street, Cleveland Street, Garrick Street, Bilston Street, to bus station.

With regards to the Mount Road and Church Road situation I've just looked at both Google Maps and the website timetable map and that shows Wood Road as being where it is now on the area map all the way past the Nuffield and the college then changing into High Street...

With regards to the 63 the map on the timetable page and Google maps show it operating up the little bit of Worcester Street between Pitt Street and Clevland Street. I thought there were no services that did that little bit of Worcester Street. All went via Temple Street and Sommer Row?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 11:52:15 AM
With regards to the Mount Road and Church Road situation I've just looked at both Google Maps and the website timetable map and that shows Wood Road as being where it is now on the area map all the way past the Nuffield and the college then changing into High Street...

With regards to the 63 the map on the timetable page and Google maps show it operating up the little bit of Worcester Street between Pitt Street and Clevland Street. I thought there were no services that did that little bit of Worcester Street. All went via Temple Street and Sommer Row?

Yes, the positioning of Wood Road, it is correct.  It just needs 'Church Road' text to be moved down slightly and Mount Road to be added, just to make it a bit clearer.

The 63 can go either way.  For passenger reference, it doesn't really matter the line of route on that section, as there are no stops between Pitt Street and the Wulfrun Centre.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 23, 2021, 12:11:41 PM
Yes, the positioning of Wood Road, it is correct.  It just needs 'Church Road' text to be moved down slightly and Mount Road to be added, just to make it a bit clearer.

The 63 can go either way.  For passenger reference, it doesn't really matter the line of route on that section, as there are no stops between Pitt Street and the Wulfrun Centre.

Oh Right what about High Street? Does that need adding?

Also it is a little strange as all other services serve Temple St & Summer Row which I'd have thought the 63 would also do and not serve Worcester Street... Obviously it doesn't matter although for the CC map that little bit needs to be readded as currently I originally said to them that there's mo services that serve that part of Worcester Street...but your saying the the 63 does... It doez seem a bit strange why that service would do that but none of the other do?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 12:18:23 PM
Oh Right what about High Street? Does that need adding?

Also it is a little strange as all other services serve Temple St & Summer Row which I'd have thought the 63 would also do and not serve Worcester Street... Obviously it doesn't matter although for the CC map that little bit needs to be readded as currently I originally said to them that there's mo services that serve that part of Worcester Street...but your saying the the 63 does... It doez seem a bit strange why that service would do that but none of the other do?
Yes, High Street could be added.

For the purposes of the City Centre map, it can stay the same, as mentioned previously, it doesn't matter which way it goes as there are no stops between Pitt Street & Cleveland Street.  This is a Diamond route we're talking about, so each journey can take a different route ;D

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 23, 2021, 12:23:57 PM
Yes, High Street could be added.

For the purposes of the City Centre map, it can stay the same, as mentioned previously, it doesn't matter which way it goes as there are no stops between Pitt Street & Cleveland Street.  This is a Diamond route we're talking about, so each journey can take a different route ;D

Ok

Well if that's the case then TfWM need to stipulate to the operator that all journeys should run either via Worcester Street or Temple St and Summer Row.

Bus Man K2

Just out of interest @Pat

Do any services do the bit of Horsley Fields between Middle Cross and St David's?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 12:27:46 PM
Well if that's the case then TfWM need to stipulate to the operator that all journeys should run either via Worcester Street or Temple St and Summer Row.
Personally, I don't see the point.  No passengers are inconvenienced and the timetable isn't affected.  It's not like the service is skipping any stops.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 12:31:29 PM
Just out of interest @Pat

Do any services do the bit of Horsley Fields between Middle Cross and St David's?
No, not anymore.  529s used to, when Pipers Row was closed for metro works.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 23, 2021, 12:34:31 PM
Personally, I don't see the point.  No passengers are inconvenienced and the timetable isn't affected.  It's not like the service is skipping any stops.
No, not anymore.  529s used to, when Pipers Row was closed for metro works.

Yes I get where you're coming for...however if different drivers are using different routes then it needs to be address with the operator as they have register a route which the timetable has been produced for which shows one route but when someone uses the service they are expecting it to go up Worcester St but it doesn't and it goes up Temple St and Summer Row.. Yes I know it doesnt effect any stops but as all other routes and some journeys on the service in question does Temple Street and Summer Row then all journeys should do the same routing and not different routes?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 12:44:57 PM
Yes I get where you're coming for...however if different drivers are using different routes then it needs to be address with the operator as they have register a route which the timetable has been produced for which shows one route but when someone uses the service they are expecting it to go up Worcester St but it doesn't and it goes up Temple St and Summer Row.. Yes I know it doesnt effect any stops but as all other routes and some journeys on the service in question does Temple Street and Summer Row then all journeys should do the same routing and not different routes?
As I said, no one is inconvenienced.  There are no stops between Pitt Street and the Wulfrun that the service is registered to use.  For the purposes of your general question, I have already said that the map does not need to be changed, as it doesn't really matter.

Kevin

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 12:44:57 PM

Oh christ not this again.....
No
Customers will only "expect" that a bus doesn't miss out bus stops....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Kevin on January 23, 2021, 12:53:30 PM
Oh christ not this again.....
No
Customers will only "expect" that a bus doesn't miss out bus stops....

@Kevin

I am thinking of the bigger picture though... If I wasn't a bus enthusiasts I would like to know the correct route of a service meaning that I would be tracking the route via the timetable map and when I get to that point I expect it to turn left into Worcester Street and it doesnt it instead turns right and then left into Temple Street and right Into Summer Row I would be a little worried as although it eventually gets to Clevland Street it hasn't taken the route that I expected... so sorry if I'm bining this up again but as you can possibly see where I'm coming from now maybe you can understand why I am questioning everything that is posted?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 01:00:31 PM
I am thinking of the bigger picture though... If I wasn't a bus enthusiasts I would like to know the correct route of a service meaning that I would be tracking the route via the timetable map and when I get to that point I expect it to turn left into Worcester Street and it doesnt it instead turns right and then left into Temple Street and right Into Summer Row I would be a little worried as although it eventually gets to Clevland Street it hasn't taken the route that I expected... so sorry if I'm bining this up again but as you can possibly see where I'm coming from now maybe you can understand why I am questioning everything that is posted?
This is getting stupid now.  I've already told you twice now that the map doesn't need to be updated.  It seems like you're going round looking for an argument.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 23, 2021, 01:06:16 PM
This is getting stupid now.  I've already told you twice now that the map doesn't need to be updated.  It seems like you're going round looking for an argument.

No I'm just stating a fact that what I'd be doing. I'm not looking for a anugument. zIf yuo thimk it's stupid. I bet lodes of people do what I'm saying!! May be not people who know the area or the network.. 😁

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk