News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2021, 01:34:30 PM
There is 1 variation that goes down there, towards Wolverhampton only.  Most go either via Wednesfield or via Cannock Rd, so maybe show it in a different colour/style?  It's the 0700 journey from Cannock

How does the 71  get from Blackhalve Lane to Cannock Road normally on other journeys, unless they operate as the 71A all the way down Cannock Road?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 21, 2021, 02:20:39 PM
How does the 71  get from Blackhalve Lane to Cannock Road normally on other journeys, unless they operate as the 71A all the way down Cannock Road?
The 0700 from Cannock goes down Blackhalve Lane, past Lidl at The Scotlands, then takes the 1st exit on the roundabout down Cannock Road.  No journeys towards Cannock operate Blackhalve Lane & Cannock Road

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2021, 02:41:38 PM
The 0700 from Cannock goes down Blackhalve Lane, past Lidl at The Scotlands, then takes the 1st exit on the roundabout down Cannock Road.  No journeys towards Cannock operate Blackhalve Lane & Cannock Road

I have added that one now... Any others? That goes to anybody else, as well! 😁

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2021, 02:41:38 PM

Hi @Pat have added that comment...

Do you know if the 530 DIA service still uses Tower Street, Market Street, Bilston Street? I though it does Pipers Row to Bilston St?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 21, 2021, 05:11:46 PM
Hi @Pat have added that comment...

Do you know if the 530 DIA service still uses Tower Street, Market Street, Bilston Street? I though it does Pipers Row to Bilston St?
No, Diamond don't use Tower Street (and neither do Banga for that matter).  From the Bus Station, they exit left onto Pipers Row and left Bilston Street.  Banga's 0630 service (that runs from the bus station) uses that route too.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2021, 06:48:21 PM
No, Diamond don't use Tower Street (and neither do Banga for that matter).  From the Bus Station, they exit left onto Pipers Row and left Bilston Street.  Banga's 0630 service (that runs from the bus station) uses that route too.

I thought so. I also thing inbound daytime jrnys operate via St Georges Parade and Garrick St don't they @Pat?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 21, 2021, 07:12:06 PM
I thought so. I also thing inbound daytime jrnys operate via St Georges Parade and Garrick St don't they @Pat?
Yes, inbound 530s and 545s operate via St George's & Garrick Street.  They don't set down at St George's, only the stand on Bilston Street.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2021, 07:33:46 PM
Yes, inbound 530s and 545s operate via St George's & Garrick Street.  They don't set down at St George's, only the stand on Bilston Street.

Thanks @Pat

I thought so.... anymore observations??? I'm currently up to the 57 timetable..

Bus Man K2

Does anybody know in Tettenhall is there a road called Wood Road High? If there is does it go into Wood Road then Church Road?

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 10:37:54 AM
Does anybody know in Tettenhall is there a road called Wood Road High? If there is does it go into Wood Road then Church Road?

Thanks in advance.
No, that's completely wrong.  High Street, by the green, becomes Wood Road adjacent to the college.  Wood Road doesn't become Church Road at all.

Bus Man K2

Also how does the 63 route run now? as according to the timetable it serves Victoria St in both directions. Now I know there's a one way loop in operation at the moment.... but how does this affect the 63?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 23, 2021, 10:48:16 AM
No, that's completely wrong.  High Street, by the green, becomes Wood Road adjacent to the college.  Wood Road doesn't become Church Road at all.

@Pat

Church Road is at the bottom of Wood Road isn't it? Which then goes into the Holloway and onto Henwood Road/Compton Road.

Wheres the college on that road (is it called Nuffield Hospital)?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 10:52:03 AM
@Pat

Church Road is at the bottom of Wood Road isn't it? Which then goes into the Holloway and onto Henwood Road/Compton Road.

Wheres the college on that road (is it called Nuffield Hospital)?
No, Church Road starts at the crossroads by The Institute.  Wood Road starts at Tettenhall College, which is further up from the Nuffield.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 23, 2021, 11:02:19 AM
No, Church Road starts at the crossroads by The Institute.  Wood Road starts at Tettenhall College, which is further up from the Nuffield.

and Where's the institute and cross roads? Is it where it's shown now?

DJ

Quote from: Pat on January 21, 2021, 07:33:46 PM

It depends, I've had them set down there multiple times, usually when the driver has a break before the next trip. I don't think they are timetabled to do so, though.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk