News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 17, 2021, 07:47:08 PM

On its return to the city centre; up Remembrance Rd, left onto St James Lane, right onto Middle Ride (passing the chip shop) most of the way round Middle Ride, then left in Yarningale Rd and left again back onto St James Lane for the short distance to London Road.

Thanjs @paulb1973..

So they have got it wrong currently on the Area Map... The timetable is corrrect though..

JPC

Must confirm ellspurs is correct on the current 41 route as it was quietly changed again recently to run... From City along the London Rd to the big Willenhall loop Clockwise, then the ACW loop of Stonehouse, Whitley estate is then eventually served on the inbound leg, which frankly must be frustrating for potential elderly passengers around there who may wish to carry some shopping from Cov.

paulb1973

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 17, 2021, 08:12:50 PM
Thanjs @paulb1973..

So they have got it wrong currently on the Area Map... The timetable is corrrect though..

The Area Map has it as a right turn onto St James Lane upon leaving Remembrance Rd (outbound) - it should be left and most of the way round Middle Ride etc.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 17, 2021, 08:47:04 PM
The Area Map has it as a right turn onto St James Lane upon leaving Remembrance Rd (outbound) - it should be left and most of the way round Middle Ride etc.

Sorry @paulb1973
When I said the area map I meant the timetable map... 😁

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on January 17, 2021, 08:24:19 PM
Must confirm ellspurs is correct on the current 41 route as it was quietly changed again recently to run... From City along the London Rd to the big Willenhall loop Clockwise, then the ACW loop of Stonehouse, Whitley estate is then eventually served on the inbound leg, which frankly must be frustrating for potential elderly passengers around there who may wish to carry some shopping from Cov.

JPC, so the Whitley segment is only served inbound - I'd better amend my own notes! (the route from the Willenhall terminus to Middle Ride to London Rd, listed above, is right though)..

JPC

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 17, 2021, 08:52:32 PM
JPC, so the Whitley segment is only served inbound - I'd better amend my own notes! (the route from the Willenhall terminus to Middle Ride to London Rd, listed above, is right though)..

Yes, I've made an adjustment to your route description....

Pool Meadow, Fairfax Street, Cox Street, Jordan Well, Much Park Street, St Johns Street, Little Park Street, Martyrs Memorial, Ringway St Johns, London Road, Chace Avenue, Dunsmore Avenue, Stretton Avenue, Robin Hood Road, Remembrance Road, St James' Lane, Middle Ride (eastern segment), Yarningale Road, St James' Lane, London Road, Sunbury Road, Sunnybank Avenue, Sedgemoor Road, Stonehouse Lane, London Road, Ashington Grove, Abbey Road, The Avenue, Tonbridge Road, Riverside Close, London Road, Ringway St Johns, Martyrs Memorial, Little Park Street, Earl Street, Jordan Well, Cox Street, Fairfax Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station.

I suppose the right turn from Abbey Rd to London Rd being very dangerous is one reason Whitley estate was dropped from the outward route.

paulb1973

Quote from: JPC on January 17, 2021, 09:25:35 PM
Yes, I've made an adjustment to your route description....

Pool Meadow, Fairfax Street, Cox Street, Jordan Well, Much Park Street, St Johns Street, Little Park Street, Martyrs Memorial, Ringway St Johns, London Road, Chace Avenue, Dunsmore Avenue, Stretton Avenue, Robin Hood Road, Remembrance Road, St James' Lane, Middle Ride (eastern segment), Yarningale Road, St James' Lane, London Road, Sunbury Road, Sunnybank Avenue, Sedgemoor Road, Stonehouse Lane, London Road, Ashington Grove, Abbey Road, The Avenue, Tonbridge Road, Riverside Close, London Road, Ringway St Johns, Martyrs Memorial, Little Park Street, Earl Street, Jordan Well, Cox Street, Fairfax Street, Pool Meadow Bus Station.

I suppose the right turn from Abbey Rd to London Rd being very dangerous is one reason Whitley estate was dropped from the outward route.

This service only runs 3 times a day (a minibus at that) Monday to Friday! But it serves a purpose I suppose.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 17, 2021, 09:05:51 AM
Yeah, they're excelling at that at the moment.

From their website, the "upcoming bus changes" hasn't been updated since the 11th of March, 2020.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ways-to-travel/buses/upcoming-bus-changes/

They also have this buried under the "current travel advice" heading, which is just telling people to check the individual operator's website for details. Before this update, the last update I saw on here was regarding the extending of the A10 from Cranes Park over the 91 route into Chelmsley Wood. This information should be on the "upcoming bus changes" page. There's been no mention on here of Chaserider overtaking the Arriva services in the Walsall/Brownhills/Wolverhampton areas.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/current-travel-advice/bus-updates-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

TfWM need to do a better job at communicating and updating their information. Most of the things I've seen been mentioned to @Bus Man K2 here have actually been incorporated into those maps (like the reinstatement of the 94 service that got removed when Claribels withdrew their service), so it is actually making a difference, highlighting that TfWM needs to get a grip on it.

To everyone who hates me posting on here. If this isn't testiment of what I do I don't know what is?

I will be doing the last little bit of Coventry tomorrow.. I will then start on Wolverhampton and possibly Walsall.. So the 1 and 2E will be mentioned on my observations...

Again I don't mean to come across arsey but if people still think I'm wasting my time posing here then you may as well lock all my topics andblock me. Which I'm not saying to do that... 😁 I am only trying to make passenger information from TfWM better. Like everyone else wants to do...

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 18, 2021, 06:13:27 PM
To everyone who hates me posting on here. If this isn't testiment of what I do I don't know what is?

I will be doing the last little bit of Coventry tomorrow.. I will then start on Wolverhampton and possibly Walsall.. So the 1 and 2E will be mentioned on my observations...

Again I don't mean to come across arsey but if people still think I'm wasting my time posing here then you may as well lock all my topics andblock me. Which I'm not saying to do that... 😁 I am only trying to make passenger information from TfWM better. Like everyone else wants to do...
At least I can be of some help tomorrow regarding Wolverhampton...

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 18, 2021, 06:47:26 PM
At least I can be of some help tomorrow regarding Wolverhampton...

Yes that would be great.. Thanks @Pat.. I wasn't trying to start another argument or get this topic locked.... I was just fed up of all the  negative posts... Lets hope that this will be the end and we can get back to some sort of normality.., I know some of  the augments were fuled be my thoughts... but I dont think before I speek!!!😁

Bus Man K2

Does anybody know if the Johnsons 88 service serves the JLR site at Fen End?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Bus Man K2

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 19, 2021, 12:58:01 PM
Does anybody know if the Johnsons 88 service serves the JLR site at Fen End?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Bus Man K2

88 yes, 88a no:

Bus Man K2

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 19, 2021, 01:38:16 PM
Thanks @ellspurs.

Much appreciated...

I assume the 87A doesn't though?

It doesn't.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_3287A_%20_H_y11_3-3

EDIT: the 87a is literally the "87 that doesn't go to the JLR site" that runs as the last service of the day. It only runs Coventry to Solihull so you may need to use your snazzy arrows if you're representing it on the map.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 19, 2021, 02:03:41 PM
It doesn't.

https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_3287A_%20_H_y11_3-3

EDIT: the 87a is literally the "87 that doesn't go to the JLR site" that runs as the last service of the day. It only runs Coventry to Solihull so you may need to use your snazzy arrows if you're representing it on the map.

@ellspurs

The arrows already exist.

Does the 86 run both ways  along Fen End Road, Honiley Road & Holly Lane, also  does it run both directions along Alder Lane?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk