News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Can anybody shead some light on the full length of the Thandi 53 route please?

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on November 20, 2020, 05:18:35 PM
Can anybody shead some light on the full length of the Thandi 53 route please?

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2

In Smith's Wood (sorry, Smithwood), it uses Lanchester Way in both directions now to its' terminus. The portion of Auckland Drive between both ends of Lanchester Way isn't served.

In Alum Rock/Bordesley Green, the route has been simplified to go Bordesley Green East - Belchers Lane - Cotterills Lane (currently unmarked on the Birmingham map) - Alum Rock Road.

https://bustimes.org/services/53-birmingham-smiths-wood-via-saltley-shard-end#map

Comparing the bustimes.org map to the bus map seems to show these to be the only changes.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on November 20, 2020, 05:31:20 PM
In Smith's Wood (sorry, Smithwood), it uses Lanchester Way in both directions now to its' terminus. The portion of Auckland Drive between both ends of Lanchester Way isn't served.

In Alum Rock/Bordesley Green, the route has been simplified to go Bordesley Green East - Belchers Lane - Cotterills Lane (currently unmarked on the Birmingham map) - Alum Rock Road.

https://bustimes.org/services/53-birmingham-smiths-wood-via-saltley-shard-end#map

Comparing the bustimes.org map to the bus map seems to show these to be the only changes.

Thanks for this @ellspurs  I can't make any sense of the bustimes. org map. Does the 53 still serve Albert Road& Fredrick Road as Google show it as operating down Station Road and onto the nunamed road (on the B'ham map)  as Lyndhurst Road I think. which is it?

Regards

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on November 20, 2020, 05:55:27 PM
Thanks for this @ellspurs  I can't make any sense of the bustimes. org map. Does the 53 still serve Albert Road& Fredrick Road as Google show it as operating down Station Road and onto the nunamed road (on the B'ham map)  as Lyndhurst Road I think. which is it?

Regards

Bus Man K2
Never heard of a Lyndhurst Road, in Stechford, so I looked it up and  I can't see one that exists.
I think this might answer your question anyway though
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_GEOOBJECT_REQUEST?language=en&command=bothDirections&line=cen:20053:%20:H:y11:5:5::1:3&hideBannerInfo=1&coordOutputFormat=MRCV
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on November 20, 2020, 05:58:55 PM
Never heard of a Lyndhurst Road, in Stechford, so I looked it up and  I can't see one that exists.
I think this might answer your question anyway though
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_GEOOBJECT_REQUEST?language=en&command=bothDirections&line=cen:20053:%20:H:y11:5:5::1:3&hideBannerInfo=1&coordOutputFormat=MRCV

Sorry @2206  it's lyttleton Road not Lyndhurst Road.

Sorry.

Regards

Bus Man K2

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on November 20, 2020, 06:04:04 PM
Sorry @2206  it's lyttleton Road not Lyndhurst Road.

Sorry.

Regards

Bus Man K2

As @2206's link shows, the bus can't be going down Lyttleton Road/Station Road, as the bus goes down Manor Road after that stop, so it would need to be coming in from the opposite direction.

Funnily enough, Google sent its vehicles out there in September, so the latest images are up-to-date. Unfortunately there are no bus stops on any of Albert Road/Victoria Road/Lyttleton Road, although you can see a Diamond 53 on Albert Road in previous versions.

I'm going with @2206 with saying that part of the route is correct. The thing that is confusing me is the kink on Manor Road. I can't imagine for the life of me why the route kinks around Rattle Croft/Bagshaw Road/Hill House Lane. It doesn't help that it seems to be Hail and Ride around there, as there are no bus shops showing up on Google Street View.

edit: https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/timetables/#/route/cen_20053_%20_H_y11_3-3 shows it just going down Manor Road as well.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on November 20, 2020, 06:57:13 PM
As @2206's link shows, the bus can't be going down Lyttleton Road/Station Road, as the bus goes down Manor Road after that stop, so it would need to be coming in from the opposite direction.

Funnily enough, Google sent its vehicles out there in September, so the latest images are up-to-date. Unfortunately there are no bus stops on any of Albert Road/Victoria Road/Lyttleton Road, although you can see a Diamond 53 on Albert Road in previous versions.

I'm going with @2206 with saying that part of the route is correct. The thing that is confusing me is the kink on Manor Road. I can't imagine for the life of me why the route kinks around Rattle Croft/Bagshaw Road/Hill House Lane. It doesn't help that it seems to be Hail and Ride around there, as there are no bus shops showing up on Google Street View.

edit: https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/timetables/#/route/cen_20053_%20_H_y11_3-3 shows it just going down Manor Road as well.

If you look at Google Street View you can turn right onto Staton Road from Lyttleton Road and then left into Manor Road. and the same in reverse for the other direction of travel.

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on November 20, 2020, 07:23:26 PM
If you look at Google Street View you can turn right onto Staton Road from Lyttleton Road and then left into Manor Road. and the same in reverse for the other direction of travel.

You can, but you can't do that and also service the bus stops on Station Road. The 53 is marked up on those bus stops as per the September 2020 Google Street map capture.

sonic84

On the Birmingham map, i dont believe there are any journeys on the 002 which serve Balmoral Road in Kitwell anymore. They all run direct along Field Lane to Bartley Green

SO6597

ayyHugo

ellspurs

Quote from: ayyHugo on November 24, 2020, 08:07:01 PM
Does the route map not function properly for anyone else?

Quite a few of the Diamond route maps don't seem to work for whatever reason. The news section confirms that it is following the same route that it did until its withdrawal.

Bus Man K2

Does anybody know if the 35 still serves Moor Street Q'way anymore?

Thank you

Kind regards

Bus Man K2

Tony

The 35 has NEVER has a stop on Moor Street Queensway

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 07, 2021, 02:54:27 PM
Does anybody know if the 35 still serves Moor Street Q'way anymore?

Thank you

Kind regards

Bus Man K2
It still serves its stop on Moor Street, outside Selfridges, if that's what you were referring to?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk