News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Apps: NX Bus vs NX West Midlands

Started by GeminiFan1991, October 06, 2019, 10:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Looks as though the NX Bus app will be reverting to the old setup for an unspecified period of time, due to on-going issues with the new combined one whilst they're resolved:

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/miscellaneous/national-express-bus-app

Busboy105

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2020, 03:15:57 PM
Looks as though the NX Bus app will be reverting to the old setup for an unspecified period of time, due to on-going issues with the new combined one whilst they're resolved:

Yeah there's an issue where it tells you about purchasing a new ticket EVERY time you log on to the app; it's so annoying.

John

Is there any way screenshotting of the NX app been disabled? Would try to stop people fraudulently using them. My railcard app does this so it can easily be done

Gareth

Quote from: John on February 17, 2020, 05:05:22 PM
Is there any way screenshotting of the NX app been disabled? Would try to stop people fraudulently using them. My railcard app does this so it can easily be done

That would be a good idea. It's like when you try and screen shot something on Netflix it comes out with a black screen.

Stu

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2020, 03:15:57 PM

I still have it installed on my phone and it works fine, though admittedly I don't use it to buy tickets with, just to check bus times.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Saw a couple doing that yesterday on the 15
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

JoNi

Quote from: Gareth on February 17, 2020, 05:11:18 PM
That would be a good idea. It's like when you try and screen shot something on Netflix it comes out with a black screen.
Surely that can be outwitted by taking a photo of the screen with another phone! Isn't the real problem they are not validated as with the Ticketer system.

John

Quote from: JoNi on February 18, 2020, 10:55:33 AM
Surely that can be outwitted by taking a photo of the screen with another phone! Isn't the real problem they are not validated as with the Ticketer system.

It would be a lot easier to tell a picture of another phone screen rather than a screenshot but yes never thought of that

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if the ticket machine validated the ticket as people would still blatently walk past without doing it

JoNi

Quote from: John on February 18, 2020, 11:00:40 AM
It would be a lot easier to tell a picture of another phone screen rather than a screenshot but yes never thought of that

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if the ticket machine validated the ticket as people would still blatently walk past without doing it
Isnt the Revenue squad there to encourage valid ticket possession! If people copy tickets Ticketer should surely spot excess use of tickets or simultaneous use of tickets allowing CCTV to be used to catch culprits!

John

Quote from: JoNi on February 18, 2020, 11:26:02 AM
Isnt the Revenue squad there to encourage valid ticket possession! If people copy tickets Ticketer should surely spot excess use of tickets or simultaneous use of tickets allowing CCTV to be used to catch culprits!

People just walk off from the revenue as they can not legally hold a person there

JPC

I've never used the mobile ticket apps before so don't know much about them but if there isn't yet a moving gif/image such as a word of the day dancing around the display when the ticket is opened/shown - it would be a good idea to have something like this implemented.

Abluhwleh

Yes, the coloured background behind the current time moves around and changes colour at random, fairly easy to spot...

Busboy105

The NX West Midlands app is shutting down on the 27th February (this Thursday).
Link as to why is here: https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/miscellaneous/national-express-bus-app

suavegarv

I've had an email today that informs me the NX app is being "retired" on 31/8/2020 and to download the  Network West Midlands one.

This NX Bus one hasn't worked on my phone for several months.

bususer28

Quote from: suavegarv on August 06, 2020, 11:59:47 AM
I've had an email today that informs me the NX app is being "retired" on 31/8/2020 and to download the  Network West Midlands one.

This NX Bus one hasn't worked on my phone for several months.
I've been using google maps for around a year now as it's much easier to navigate and a lot more reliable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk