News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Apps: NX Bus vs NX West Midlands

Started by GeminiFan1991, October 06, 2019, 10:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: suavegarv on August 06, 2020, 11:59:47 AM
I've had an email today that informs me the NX app is being "retired" on 31/8/2020 and to download the  Network West Midlands one.

This NX Bus one hasn't worked on my phone for several months.

The email I received yesterday wasn't very clear on this:
Changes to real time information app

We are constantly reviewing how we can make public transport simpler and easier to use.
Our own journey planning app is being retired from 31st August, but all the information you need to plan your journey can still be found in the Network West Midland app.
Download the app today!

The current NX Bus app does have a 'journey planner' built in to it, but this is basically just a 'wrapper' for the Network West Midlands website.

To be honest, I don't use that feature anyway, I only use the NX Bus app to check for bus due times when I'm out and about.

Unless they mean they are dropping their own app altogether? After all, the Network West Midlands app does pretty much the same job anyway.

I'm of course talking about the 'old' NX Bus app, as the 'new' one was withdrawn some time back:
https://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/2020/02/broken-nx-bus-app-to-be-withdrawn/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk