News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West midland travel

Started by JIM C, September 13, 2019, 11:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM C

Has Birmingham scrapped the west midlands livery? Its just that all the repaints are in the national express livery .

Quote from: JIM C on September 13, 2019, 11:01:37 PM
Has Birmingham scrapped the west midlands livery? Its just that all the repaints are in the national express livery .
Assuming you mean TWM livery, it was scrapped years ago.
The first version of the NX livery (red and white) was introduced over 12 years ago in 2007.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busboy105

Oh I miss the old TWM livery especially on the first batch of Enviros with those blue lines. At least NX has a bus in the livery for memories. Also what was the reason why TWM was renamed to NXWM?

JIM C

No I mean WEST MIDLANDS BUS  the new one that group together Diamond and National Express.

Quote from: JIM C on September 14, 2019, 12:29:37 AM
No I mean WEST MIDLANDS BUS  the new one that group together Diamond and National Express.
Its used on jointly operated services where they accept each others fares and run to a combined timetable.
Presumably no more will be repainted into that livery, unless more routes follow and become jointly operated.

Birmingham doesn't have any buses in that livery or jointly operated routes either, only the Black Country does.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ginger66

16 Hamstead - Birmingham  joint between diamond and NX
50 Birmingham to moseley joint diamond and NX

Tony

Quote from: Ginger66 on September 14, 2019, 07:30:24 AM
16 Hamstead - Birmingham  joint between diamond and NX
50 Birmingham to moseley joint diamond and NX

They are not joint services, they are competitive ones

JIM C

Thanks tony , Its just that I noticed 2116 was back in crimson livery.

Busboy105

I just found this on Wikipedia while searching for Sprint earlier today.
"All buses in the county will carry the same livery, irrespective of the operator running the service. The phase out of this new brand is predicted to last several years, as signage and livery is replaced on a rolling basis."
If this is the case, then why are NX and Diamond applying their new livery to their vehicles or is it just for the joint routes?

CL

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 24, 2019, 08:29:03 PM
I just found this on Wikipedia while searching for Sprint earlier today.
"All buses in the county will carry the same livery, irrespective of the operator running the service. The phase out of this new brand is predicted to last several years, as signage and livery is replaced on a rolling basis."
If this is the case, then why are NX and Diamond applying their new livery to their vehicles or is it just for the joint routes?
If I've learnt anything from my school days, it's that Wikipedia isn't always the most credible source! ;)

The recent deliveries to either operator should be a dead giveaway, anyhow.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk