News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Town Centre pedestrinised area

Started by Westy, April 14, 2019, 12:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Just spotted a pic on Facebook (before it went down!) of a Diamond vehicle going down by the market area in Walsall, which is pedestrianised.

(For those of you with long memories, I remember seeing a photo of an NX 529 doing the same, probably on here, doing the same!)

Why?

Is there something blocked off, preventing access?

(Even more surprising with the 529, as it was the opposite end of town to where it should be!)

Westy

Well Facebook has come back up now.

This is from the site ' Walsall In Photographs', which is a closed site, but it appears :

'Apparently there is a big parade from one Sikh temple in Caldmore to the one in Pleck so all buses on major diversion until 2pm. This driver tried following the diversions into Walsall and must have took a wrong turning.'

DJ

I did post ages ago about a 529 branded MMC going down the pedestrianised high street, if that's what you're thinking of?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Quote from: StourValley98 on April 14, 2019, 04:04:59 PM
I did post ages ago about a 529 branded MMC going down the pedestrianised high street, if that's what you're thinking of?

Yeah that's the one.

Did you find out why it went that way, as it was the opposite side of town to where you'd expect the 529 to be, even on diversion?

DJ

Quote from: Westy on April 14, 2019, 04:09:39 PM
Yeah that's the one.

Did you find out why it went that way, as it was the opposite side of town to where you'd expect the 529 to be, even on diversion?

Nope, never did manage to find out, I'm afraid.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk