News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service changes 28th April 2019

Started by winston, February 28, 2019, 11:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Have asked Nx on Twitter & the full reply is on there, but basically no to the 31/32 day returns on the X51 but they suggest buying a Walsall Low Fare ticket for £3.50.

I am unconvinced.

Westy

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 01, 2019, 12:56:10 PM
They have tried to work out a way but there's no room for the 1 & 2.

& @Bob the X51 picked quite a few up yesterday evening from Walsall. Those with OAP passes were over the moon. Interestingly they said they lived on the Turnberry but walked to the Stafford Rd (Stoney Lane / Stafford Close bit). So Arriva might lose people from the number 2 round Turnberry estate.

Must be pretty mobile Oaps then.

My elderly mum wouldnt be able to do that if she lived on the Turnberry!

Quote from: Westy on May 01, 2019, 12:59:51 PM
Have asked Nx on Twitter & the full reply is on there, but basically no to the 31/32 day returns on the X51 but they suggest buying a Walsall Low Fare ticket for £3.50.

I am unconvinced.
I've had a look at the timetable for these services.
You've still got a service every 3/4 minutes without the X51, so thats a bus every 3/4 minutes that you can get on, don't see how anyone can complain about that. X51 is only one bus every 20 minutes.
I wouldn't have thought they'd have introduced a new service and be trying to win exsisting passengers who use another of their frequent services that already exsits. X51 is presumably aimed at new passengers making more long distance journeys in that area.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Bob

Any one know how the Cannock extensions are going? Theres been people on it every time ive seen one leaving Cannock. Caught the first X51 from Cannock last week to work and the Arriva 1 that leaves a few mins later went past us in Great Wyrley passengerless!

Westy

Makes you wonder why they cut the 951 in the first place?

Bob

Can anyone advise me please? I currently have a swift valid on train only from Rugeley trent valley and then usable across the whole of the Centro area. I want to stop using the train and just use the X51 from Cannock into brum for work ( and any other WM journeys i may need to make) . Swift is now usable in Cannock. Is there a swift pass i can change to ? That will cover what i need?

Bob

the trainbasher

Quote from: Bob on May 07, 2019, 01:09:19 PM
Can anyone advise me please? I currently have a swift valid on train only from Rugeley trent valley and then usable across the whole of the Centro area. I want to stop using the train and just use the X51 from Cannock into brum for work ( and any other WM journeys i may need to make) . Swift is now usable in Cannock. Is there a swift pass i can change to ? That will cover what i need?

You have the NXWM only faresaver which is on Swift DD. Although if you ask your HR dept, they might be able to look into starting a salary sacrifice scheme (or may have one already!) For travel cards such as NXWM ones. (Plus salary sacrifice does helpfully reduce your tax/NI liabilities slightly too...)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Bob on May 07, 2019, 09:14:47 AM
Any one know how the Cannock extensions are going? Theres been people on it every time ive seen one leaving Cannock. Caught the first X51 from Cannock last week to work and the Arriva 1 that leaves a few mins later went past us in Great Wyrley passengerless!

Pretty well when I have used it.. asked a couple of drivers and a revenue guy who said it's slowly picking up but looking positive. I'm told the X3 from Lichfield is doing very well.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

John

Quote from: l.murphy123 on May 07, 2019, 01:32:48 PM
I'm told the X3 from Lichfield is doing very well.

I had a very good load on Saturday afternoon. At least 12 people got off and at least 20 got on from Lichfield

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 07, 2019, 01:18:44 PM
You have the NXWM only faresaver which is on Swift DD. Although if you ask your HR dept, they might be able to look into starting a salary sacrifice scheme (or may have one already!) For travel cards such as NXWM ones. (Plus salary sacrifice does helpfully reduce your tax/NI liabilities slightly too...)
think we do but theres a certain point in the year when we can apply

Westy

Quote from: John on May 07, 2019, 01:33:56 PM
I had a very good load on Saturday afternoon. At least 12 people got off and at least 20 got on from Lichfield

Is this down to the fact Nx is operating the route & not another operator?

Stu

Quote from: John on May 07, 2019, 01:33:56 PM

Quote from: Westy on May 07, 2019, 05:58:42 PM

And how many of the passengers 'going the distance' are actual commuters, rather than enthusiasts enjoying a new opportunity to flex their NX passes?  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Westy on May 07, 2019, 05:58:42 PM

Couldn't agree more! If diamond was to operate a service like this it would fail.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk