News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service changes 28th April 2019

Started by winston, February 28, 2019, 11:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

PD0001111/65 Cancelled
WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LIMITED
Route: Perry Beeches to Birmingham to Perry Beeches to Birmingham via Perry Barr
Service number: 952 (952)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 28 Apr 2019

monkeyjoe

This route changes more often than 50 upgrades

Dom

The 952 is going completely, there is a replacement, but not what you'd be thinking

Trident 4609

The registrations for the tenders that have been won will presumably be published soon too.

Now that has been registered, there are other changes supposedly happening that may surprise some.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Dom on February 28, 2019, 11:43:55 PM
The 952 is going completely, there is a replacement, but not what you'd be thinking

I reckon it's a 28 extension to Perry Barr...or the 46 getting extended

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Solo1

51running as 51p to serve Perry Beeches  as it's a Walsall service

monkeyjoe

Could they just make a variation of the 997 maybe

Trident 4609

New routes 14, 17A, 24, 288A/C will be operated by Pensnett from Sunday 21st April
Service 5 extended to Stourbridge via the existing Diamond 267 route to Stourbridge via Ashwood Park and Wordsley.

Service 14A to replace Igo service 208 and will run hourly between Dudley and Merry Hill.

Service 17A to replace existing Diamond service 657 and extend from Kingswinford to Wall Heath. Will be interworked with service 5.

Service 24 Route taken over from Diamond and operates between Foxyards, Dudley, Cradley Heath and Merry Hill.

Service 288A/C replacing existing Diamond service 288 between Stourbridge, Redlake Rd and Stourbridge Junction

Not NX related but saves me making another post in the April tenders thread:

Banga have registered a 52 (replacing the 22 between Wolves and Coseley) and have won the 53 (Wolverhampton to Rocket Pool) off igo.

BK63 YWP

Hopefully this extension may bring more passengers onto the 5 and gives ashwood and wordsley a faster link to Russell's Hall
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Steve3229vp

The speculation that I've heard about the replacement for the 952 has been as follows:

28A re-introduced to Perry Barr One stop - Possible but not likely
46 - extended from Perry Barr via 952 to Perry Beeches - I think this is the most likely
52 re-introduced - Most unlikely unless it's reduced to every 30 minutes.

monkeyjoe

What's the issue with the Perry Beeches link, are people from that area just not using the service any more. Why wouldn't a reduced frequency work or is it they are just all changing when gets to Walsall rd and waiting for the X51 maybe?

Jack

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 01, 2019, 06:06:57 PM
What's the issue with the Perry Beeches link, are people from that area just not using the service any more. Why wouldn't a reduced frequency work or is it they are just all changing when gets to Walsall rd and waiting for the X51 maybe?
We aren't important, that's why...
The 952 is a dying route anyway, I can see the 46 being extended...
Really can't see the 52 coming back...

BK63 YWP

If it's commercially viable the 952 would not be in the firing line, use it or lose it.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

monkeyjoe

If I lived in Perry Beeches I would stop using the service altogether, the thought of longer journey and that diversion. Hardly appealing is it.

MasterPlan

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on March 01, 2019, 06:12:43 PM
If it's commercially viable the 952 would not be in the firing line, use it or lose it.

Or there could be other reasons. I doubt every route gets withdrawn because of not being commercially viable. I'm sure there's other potential factors.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk