News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service changes 28th April 2019

Started by winston, February 28, 2019, 11:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 01, 2019, 06:14:10 PM
If I lived in Perry Beeches I would stop using the service altogether, the thought of longer journey and that diversion. Hardly appealing is it.
Neither would your suggestion of reducing the frequency of a route be appealing to anyone.
Quote from: monkeyjoe on March 01, 2019, 06:06:57 PM
Why wouldn't a reduced frequency work
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 01, 2019, 06:16:12 PM
Or there could be other reasons. I doubt every route gets withdrawn because of not being commercially viable. I'm sure there's other potential factors.

Like reliability. The uni services get good loadings but the reliability is abysmal. Therefore I can see changes occurring on those services at some point

Jack

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on March 01, 2019, 06:12:43 PM
If it's commercially viable the 952 would not be in the firing line, use it or lose it.
Remind me, how long has Perry Beeches had a direct bus service to Birmingham?

It will have a knock on effect to the 51 too along the Walsall Road at the stops the X51 doesn't service. While people do get whatever comes first the 952 does help the loadings for the 51. Can't wait to see the 51 running at a 10 minute frequency struggling with all the extra capacity, the buggies, not like the Birchfield Road section isn't always rammed, as well as Newtown.

When the 952 goes I hope the 33 and 51 have a more frequent frequency!!
Oh and the 907 gets sorted...

Trident 4194

Quote from: Nathan on March 01, 2019, 04:32:11 PM
New routes 14, 17A, 24, 288A/C will be operated by Pensnett from Sunday 21st April
Service 5 extended to Stourbridge via the existing Diamond 267 route to Stourbridge via Ashwood Park and Wordsley.

Service 14A to replace Diamond service 208 and will run hourly between Dudley and Merry Hill.

Service 17A to replace existing Diamond service 657 and from Kingswinford to Wall Heath. Will be interworked with service 5.

Service 24 Route taken over by Diamond and operates between Foxyards, Dudley, Cradley Heath and Merry Hill.

Service 288A/C replacing existing Diamond service 288 between Stourbridge, Redlake Rd and Stourbridge Junction

Not NX related but saves me making another post in the April tenders thread:

Banga have registered a 52 (replacing the 22 between Wolves and Coseley) and have won the 53 (Wolverhampton to Rocket Pool) off igo.

There goes my enjoyment on these routes then. Mini e200s on crap road surfaces at 20 mph I presume? Hardly the luxuries that diamond are offering with the mellor I bet

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 01, 2019, 06:37:55 PM
There goes my enjoyment on these routes then. Mini e200s on crap road surfaces at 20 mph I presume? Hardly the luxuries that diamond are offering with the mellor I bet
Will there be enough Stumpy's for all this new work?

monkeyjoe

They will probably make the 46 extensions every 30 mins or the whole thing every 20 either one end of the route will get a reduction. Assuming this guess is right lol

Westy

Quote from: Nathan on March 01, 2019, 04:32:11 PM
New routes 14, 17A, 24, 288A/C will be operated by Pensnett from Sunday 21st April
Service 5 extended to Stourbridge via the existing Diamond 267 route to Stourbridge via Ashwood Park and Wordsley.

Service 14A to replace Diamond service 208 and will run hourly between Dudley and Merry Hill.

Service 17A to replace existing Diamond service 657 and from Kingswinford to Wall Heath. Will be interworked with service 5.

Service 24 Route taken over by Diamond and operates between Foxyards, Dudley, Cradley Heath and Merry Hill.

Service 288A/C replacing existing Diamond service 288 between Stourbridge, Redlake Rd and Stourbridge Junction

Not NX related but saves me making another post in the April tenders thread:

Banga have registered a 52 (replacing the 22 between Wolves and Coseley) and have won the 53 (Wolverhampton to Rocket Pool) off igo.

What about the rest of the 22 to Wednesbury?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on March 01, 2019, 07:20:00 PM
What about the rest of the 22 to Wednesbury?

I think it was mentioned on another thread that the other part of the 22 will be a seperate service won by Diamond.

Dom

Quote from: Jack on March 01, 2019, 06:24:51 PM
Remind me, how long has Perry Beeches had a direct bus service to Birmingham?

It will have a knock on effect to the 51 too along the Walsall Road at the stops the X51 doesn't service. While people do get whatever comes first the 952 does help the loadings for the 51. Can't wait to see the 51 running at a 10 minute frequency struggling with all the extra capacity, the buggies, not like the Birchfield Road section isn't always rammed, as well as Newtown.

It's still having a direct service to Birmingham.

Having been a driver on the 952 for the past 4 weeks, I can say first hand, it hardly picks anyone up. The company has target figures for passenger numbers and the 952 is nowhere near its. The 9:30 rush isn't even that bad on the 952. You pick a few up on Walsall Road but even then, they have the 51 or at Perry Avenue and Beeches Road the X51.  If Perry Beeches was as busy as you attempt  to make it out to be NX wouldnt need to try and keep the service alive. They've tried that many  different variations and still see the same results. Writing is on the wall.

monkeyjoe

So does that mean it is going to be the 46 extension then.

Jack

Quote from: Dom on March 01, 2019, 08:10:54 PM
It's still having a direct service to Birmingham.
Direct? What is? This extended 46? So we users here have to take a longer way into City? Can't wait to see all the complaints again from angry users...

Quote from: Dom on March 01, 2019, 08:10:54 PM

Having been a driver on the 952 for the past 4 weeks, I can say first hand, it hardly picks anyone up. The company has target figures for passenger numbers and the 952 is nowhere near its. The 9:30 rush isn't even that bad on the 952. You pick a few up on Walsall Road but even then, they have the 51 or at Perry Avenue and Beeches Road the X51.  If Perry Beeches was as busy as you attempt  to make it out to be NX wouldnt need to try and keep the service alive. They've tried that many  different variations and still see the same results. Writing is on the wall.
Oh ok then, take it you don't do the pre 9:30 runs then into City, usually full before they get to Walsall Road, but of course I'm wrong, being a user of the 952 (52 whatever you want to call it) for over the last decade and you've drove it for the last 4 weeks...

B.C Driver

[/quote]

When the 52 was replaced by the 952, the 33 and 51saw no improvements.  It's about time their frequency was upgraded.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Jack on March 01, 2019, 08:19:26 PM
Direct? What is? This extended 46? So we users here have to take a longer way into City? Can't wait to see all the complaints again from angry users...

Still is direct only one bus...

The 16 Stourbridge to Wolverhampton is still a direct route even though it goes around womboune instead of the faster route straight up the A449
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

metrocity

MasterPlan

Well NX's Facebook page has denied that withdrawal of the 952 is happening, despite someone screenshotting the registration.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk