News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service changes 28th April 2019

Started by winston, February 28, 2019, 11:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Westy on April 11, 2019, 08:33:56 PM
And if they mysteriously disappear at Cannock Bus Station. like they did with the 54 & 154.

With "1 & 2 still operating as usual" posters tied to stop posts like the pathetic ones for the 70 that went up in featherstone?

l.murphy123

An X51 passed me in Landywood, Holly Lane, as not in service with staff on board
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Tony

Quote from: l.murphy123 on April 12, 2019, 02:07:26 PM
An X51 passed me in Landywood, Holly Lane, as not in service with staff on board

If it was not in service then it wasn't an X51

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on April 12, 2019, 02:17:12 PM
If it was not in service then it wasn't an X51

I meant it was an X51 branded platinum... im sure you could work that out
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Stuharris 6360

I struggle to see how the new 10A/C (ex part 288) service is going to work.

Firstly and post importantly, the service will not stop in Stourbridge High Street. This in the past has been why a lot of elderly people around Oldswinford & Pedmore used the service. Having to walk either to/from Hagley Road or Stourbridge Bus Station will in my opinion not work. People will use Ring & Ride instead.

Also making it into a half hourly service, it wasn't very well patronised as an hourly service, so half hour seems stupid.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

Well if more people use ring & ride surely that is a good thing they need all the passengers they can get at the moment if they are to be saved.

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 12, 2019, 02:30:45 PM
I struggle to see how the new 10A/C (ex part 288) service is going to work.

Firstly and post importantly, the service will not stop in Stourbridge High Street. This in the past has been why a lot of elderly people around Oldswinford & Pedmore used the service. Having to walk either to/from Hagley Road or Stourbridge Bus Station will in my opinion not work. People will use Ring & Ride instead.

Also making it into a half hourly service, it wasn't very well patronised as an hourly service, so half hour seems stupid.
if Dudley council did more to enforce parking restrictions they probably wouldn't have lost the town link Dudley council are shit when it comes to parking problems
Except roads around Russell's hall hospital easy pickings

l.murphy123

New paper timetables (for the X5 at least) are in the Birmingham travel shop on Corporation Street. Assuming they will be in others such as Walsall.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Westy

Just had a thought.

Will the 31 / 32 return fares be accepted/issued on the X51 between Bloxwich & Walsall, as it's all stops as well?

Westy

Hmm.

According to Facebook, Arriva appearing to fight back on the 1 & 2 with special fares!

(Whistles !)

winston

Quote from: Westy on April 16, 2019, 09:48:16 AM
Hmm.

According to Facebook, Arriva appearing to fight back on the 1 & 2 with special fares!

(Whistles !)

Amazing how such drastic fare cuts can now be justified. It's exactly the same on the weekly's that First Scotland East (West Lothian) have just done with Lothian Country Buses piling on the pressure. Makes you wonder if passengers were being overcharged in the first place for a 40% cut.

Westy

Between Bloxwich & Walsall, on both routes, signs & timetables now being changed.

(Earlier witnessed the one outside my house being changed!)

In addition, the Bloxwich Road, Stafford Street & High Street stops have had a NX notice promoting the improved service tied to the stops.

@Bob  or anyone on the Staffs section, have these notices appeared on your stops yet?

CL

Quote from: Westy on April 17, 2019, 01:34:16 PM
Between Bloxwich & Walsall, on both routes, signs & timetables now being changed.

Nowhere near Bloxwich/Walsall, but I saw a few 52s cropping up on bus stop flags around Constitution Hill (in place of the 46, of course)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

MasterPlan

Quote from: CL on April 17, 2019, 01:42:49 PM
Nowhere near Bloxwich/Walsall, but I saw a few 52s cropping up on bus stop flags around Constitution Hill (in place of the 46, of course)

Perhaps they can add the 74 while they're at it.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Westy on April 17, 2019, 01:34:16 PM

(Earlier witnessed the one outside my house being changed!)

In addition, the Bloxwich Road, Stafford Street & High Street stops have had a NX notice promoting the improved service tied to the stops.

@Bob  or anyone on the Staffs section, have these notices appeared on your stops yet?

The posters have also appeared on the stops used by the X51 between Walsall and Birmingham, while the electronic totem in Lower Bull Street has a message about the extended service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk