News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service changes 28th April 2019

Started by winston, February 28, 2019, 11:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on April 09, 2019, 06:06:53 PM
3 buses an hour City to Weoley Castle is a far cry from the days of the 21/29.

That's a nice way of putting it, yes...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Not looked in too much detail but it appears that in the evenings the X20/21/22 might all inter-work on the new timetable. I wonder if the reduced daytime frequency on the X21 might finally see it converted to double deck Platinum operation.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on April 09, 2019, 10:27:19 PM
Not looked in too much detail but it appears that in the evenings the X20/21/22 might all inter-work on the new timetable. I wonder if the reduced daytime frequency on the X21 might finally see it converted to double deck Platinum operation.

Yeah they're all every 30 mins now in the evenings. The only positive from the new timetable is the later time of the last bus. But the big part is the removal of some early morning journeys that have been well used, and on a personal note I will lose out too.

As for the platinums, no chance.

Westy

How come they don't include High Heath as a timing point on the new 9?

Westy

@Tony - You might want to have a word with whoever puts these timetables on the web.

The 9 Sunday service is missing from the NX version, but its showing on the NWM version, if its correct that NX are still running it!

Kevin

Cutting the X21 seems weird. Weoley Castle buses have always been well used to my knowledge, so don't get the reasoning behind there now only being 3 buses an hour to the city centre.
Similar situation to Perry Beeches? Are people just heading up to the Bristol Road or the 23 and catching those routes instead now?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on April 10, 2019, 08:28:09 AM
Cutting the X21 seems weird. Weoley Castle buses have always been well used to my knowledge, so don't get the reasoning behind there now only being 3 buses an hour to the city centre.
Similar situation to Perry Beeches? Are people just heading up to the Bristol Road or the 23 and catching those routes instead now?
Peak time journeys look full the times I've  seen them, including the 15:08 ish trip from University Station yesterday. They look full between Selly Oak/University and Birmingham anyway.
Can't see why anyone would change for the Bristol Road, can't see it being any quicker. Unlike with the X51.
Maybe they are decreasing the frequency and will be using double deckers instead?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on April 10, 2019, 09:17:14 AM
Peak time journeys look full the times I've  seen them, including the 15:08 ish trip from University Station yesterday. They look full between Selly Oak/University and Birmingham anyway.
Can't see why anyone would change for the Bristol Road, can't see it being any quicker. Unlike with the X51.
Maybe they are decreasing the frequency and will be using double deckers instead?

It isn't any quicker. Many times I've seen the ☓21 get to or from Selly Oak around the same time as a 61/63.
So to answer @Kevin 's question, no I don't think so. Most people stay on it until QE/City whichever it is they need.
And as many people have said @2206 where will the B7RLEs go then? No, I'm afraid we're stuck with them.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on April 10, 2019, 08:28:09 AM

Have you been on the Bristol road lately? It's like a car park? Certainly not any quicker journey times than x21

Jack D

D10

mikestone

Lots of platinums with "coming soon to Cannock/Lichfield" messages in the upper windscreen.

Westy

Traffic notice now on Walsall vehicles.

l.murphy123

Quote from: mikestone on April 11, 2019, 01:26:07 PM
Lots of platinums with "coming soon to Cannock" messages in the upper windscreen.

Yes seen those. Wonder whether they'll put timetables throughout the cannock - bloxwich section that is Staffordshire.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

Quote from: l.murphy123 on April 11, 2019, 08:23:40 PM
Yes seen those. Wonder whether they'll put timetables throughout the cannock - bloxwich section that is Staffordshire.

And if they mysteriously disappear at Cannock Bus Station. like they did with the 54 & 154.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk