News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service changes 28th April 2019

Started by winston, February 28, 2019, 11:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Winston on March 14, 2019, 09:48:13 PM
It isn't yet, will be published on VOSA (GOV.UK) either tomorrow or Monday I expect. Will take a while for online timetables to appear.

X51 20min frequency to Cannock!

Change is on VOSA although it doesn't say what
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/531011/

Bob

Quote from: Winston on March 14, 2019, 09:51:24 PM
Help make the X51 Cannock extension a success, and you never know, NXWM might take on some Cannock locals one day.

Oh i will. I have to go brum twice a week for work and then often have to go on scheme visits so if i had a travelcard i wouldnt have to have a daysaver as well. I have to say im very surprised fingers crossed though.

winston

Quote from: Bob on March 14, 2019, 09:55:52 PM
Oh i will. I have to go brum twice a week for work and then often have to go on scheme visits so if i had a travelcard i wouldnt have to have a daysaver as well. I have to say im very surprised fingers crossed though.

If the extension is well received by passengers, there could always be further extensions in to Staffordshire & surrounding areas.

Bob

Quote from: Winston on March 14, 2019, 09:58:44 PM
If the extension is well received by passengers, there could always be further extensions in to Staffordshire & surrounding areas.

Lets hope so. The Cannock to Lichfield routes might be good to tap into

winston

Quote from: Bob on March 14, 2019, 10:10:09 PM
Lets hope so. The Cannock to Lichfield routes might be good to tap into

A number of the core Staffordshire routes could easily be covered from WA / WN or even PB via various extensions to existing services, most areas are easily accessible from within NXWM operating areas.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2019, 06:41:11 PM
Changes to the X51 now on line as well
20 minute frequency to Cannock!

GREAT NEWS!!!
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

An observation.

Anyone know when the tender is up for the Turnberry & Leamore sections of the 2?

If my calculations are correct, that makes 7 buses an hour between Walsall & Cannock, 3 X51's, 2 1's & 2 2's.

Surely that cannot be sustained?

If the X51 keeps to it's peak time route, straight down Somerfield Road & Green Lane, that negates the Leamore tender, while the Turnberry could be covered by a rerouted 1 & if the X51 is the same route as the 2 in Great Wryley & Cheslyn Hay, you could lose the 2!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but previous comment on Staffs services have always resulted in the answer, 'It wouldn't pay', so how is NX 'making it pay' theorectically?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on March 14, 2019, 10:38:10 PM
An observation.

Anyone know when the tender is up for the Turnberry & Leamore sections of the 2?

If my calculations are correct, that makes 7 buses an hour between Walsall & Cannock, 3 X51's, 2 1's & 2 2's.

If the X51 keeps to it's peak time route, straight down Somerfield Road & Green Lane, that negates the Leamore tender, while the Turnberry could be covered by a rerouted 1 & if the X51 is the same route as the 2 in Great Wryley & Cheslyn Hay, you could lose the 2!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but previous comment on Staffs services have always resulted in the answer, 'It wouldn't pay', so how is NX 'making it pay' theorectically?

They could re-route the number 1 through turnberry and could even reduce to every 60 minutes. It would be easy though for NX or DIamond to have a bus similar to the 31/32 to cover turnberry and back?
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

An observation.

I would imagine the 2 not lasting long...esp among fare paying passengers...6.30 daysaver or 4 pound?

Westy

Quote from: Bob on March 14, 2019, 10:42:42 PM
I would imagine the 2 not lasting long...esp among fare paying passengers...6.30 daysaver or 4 pound?

Presumbly there's nothing stopping NX introducing that Daysaver Plus they've got on the Wolves 54 for other Staffs routes?

winston

I assume NX are taking a calculated commercial risk on the full time Cannock X51 extension, partly based on their experience with the 10A extension in to Lichfield exceeding expectations (see comments in recent Annual NX Group results).

Plus it's an extension of an existing highly successful service, therefore, most likely the busier existing end will be subsidising the new extension initially. Lower risk than starting a brand new service.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Winston on March 14, 2019, 11:10:47 PM
Plus it's an extension of an existing highly successful service, therefore, most likely the busier existing end will be subsidising the new extension initially. Lower risk than starting a brand new service.

Wonder whether the route through Landywood & Cheslyn Hay will be the same?
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Bob

Quote from: Winston on March 14, 2019, 11:10:47 PM
I assume NX are taking a calculated commercial risk on the full time Cannock X51 extension, partly based on their experience with the 10A extension in to Lichfield exceeding expectations (see comments in recent Annual NX Group results).

Its anazing about the 10A as Walsall to Lichfield services have a chequered history

mikestone

Is it more the case that they are  expecting  the rail service to become a farce, than a sudden interest in competing with  Arriva?.

Cheese

Quote from: BusMan Greg on March 14, 2019, 08:55:49 PM
the 35B is being withdrawn aswell

What has this got to do with NX? It's a Staffs contract that might be replaced.

Of far more interest is that I have heard the X12 being withdrawn between Sutton and Lichfield, I hear there may be a replacement service for this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk