News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Christmas and New Year bus times 2018

Started by Steve3229vp, December 04, 2018, 07:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

I've been looking at some timetables on Traveline for Christmas Eve and I've noticed reduced frequencies on some routes, here are some of them:

X3/X4/X5 - every 30 minutes each (This is the one that has surprised me the most)
9 - every 12 minutes
17 - every 9 minutes
X21 - every 20 minutes
23/24 every 12 minutes each
28 - every 15 minutes
33 - every 12 minutes
45/47 - every 15 minutes each
65/67 - every 15 minutes each

There may be more, but I don't have a problem with this because Christmas Eve isn't the mad busy day that it used to be mainly due to shops being open longer hours. If this means some drivers will be able to spend more time with there families then that's good all round.

Mike K

With Christmas Eve falling on a Monday this year, a significant number of office workers in particular will have broken up for Xmas hols on Friday 21st so I guess it makes sense. I know my dept will be deserted on Xmas eve.

monkeyjoe

My business gave everybody annual leave on the Christmas Eve as a treat.

MasterPlan

Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 04, 2018, 08:51:11 PM
Isn't this the case every year?
No, Christmas Eve was a Saturday service, frequencies weren't as low as this year, but as I stated in my first post I approve as more drivers will be able to spend more time with their families

I love Walsall buses

Anyone know if the WA 29 will be running on the lates on Boxing Day

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on December 04, 2018, 11:21:27 PM
Anyone know if the WA 29 will be running on the lates on Boxing Day
It'll be operating to a normal sunday service timetable, that's if these timetables are correct as I've just notice Traveline says the AG 1 and AG 1A will be operating to a normal sunday service timetable as the NX website states the 1 won't run on Boxing day (Is that just the 1 or the 1A as well?) -
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en&timeOffset=15
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: 2206 on December 04, 2018, 11:22:30 PM
It'll be operating to a normal sunday service timetable, that's if these timetables are correct as I've just notice Traveline says the AG 1 and AG 1A will be operating to a normal sunday service timetable as the NX website states the 1 won't run on Boxing day (Is that just the 1 or the 1A as well?) -
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en&timeOffset=15
Thanks @2206

Crosville

Quite surprised how late the buses are finishing Christmas Eve, my & most other areas outside TFL area last buses are 7-8pm, even Boxing Day Sunday service from 7am with some routes running through until late night, my area it's special service from 9am until 6-7pm

Quote from: Crosville on December 07, 2018, 08:02:11 AM
Quite surprised how late the buses are finishing Christmas Eve, my & most other areas outside TFL area last buses are 7-8pm, even Boxing Day Sunday service from 7am with some routes running through until late night, my area it's special service from 9am until 6-7pm
It's been this way for a good few years now.
The West Midlands area and London are probably busier and bigger than these other places, hence why there's an improved level of service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Last Christmas Eve any driver that had a duty that finished after midnight received a £50 bonus strangely this year there,re no dutys that finish after midnight here at west brom.
I can only assume last buses will be around 11pm or just before to have all buses back in garage before midnight

I love Walsall buses

Well I had look on diamonds website and found out the last times of the NX and 1 diamond for the 31 and 32 and they are as followed
31: Last Bus 22:15 from Walsall  (DIA) and 22:03 from Mossley (NX).
32: Last Bus 22:00 from Walsall  (NX) and 22:19 from Lower Farm (NX).

This is for Christmas Eve

Westy

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/west-midlands-christmas-new-year-buses

They've started going into detail on detail on certain routes.

Of particular note, during the inbetween period, you can catch an X51 from Cannock to Brum in the morning but not get back at night!

Can someone explain this anomaly ?

What are people in the Cannock area expected to do?

(Tony being one of them obviously!)

I love Walsall buses

What's happening to the routes which are not on the website or are they still adding them

Westy

Quote from: 2900 on December 07, 2018, 01:59:01 PM
Last Christmas Eve any driver that had a duty that finished after midnight received a £50 bonus strangely this year there,re no dutys that finish after midnight here at west brom.
I can only assume last buses will be around 11pm or just before to have all buses back in garage before midnight

Looks like it in Walsall too.

Wonder how many £50 were paid out then, because not doing it this year has saved a bit of dosh.

(And handed patronage over to the taxis as a consequence, or people will be staying in or supporting their local!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk