News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Connected City - 22nd July

Started by jnl1984, July 03, 2012, 05:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnl1984

Just wondering, as this seems to be the 'go-live' date, will all new stops / passenger information and real time information be in place at the new interchanges on this date, or will it be later?

monkeyjoe

Seems to be running over in terms of "finalising" info. Changes top line have been published on the Centro changes site.

Doesn't seem very "Connected" yet, but I guess it is a pretty large scale project and I don't envy people organising.

The last time all the stops moved in town, that was a complete nightmare as well.

jnl1984

Thanks for the information. I am quite looking forward to when its finished and seeing how it turns out.

Also, is it correct that there will always be a bus awaiting departure at its designated stop? i think that's what i read, but couldn't really make it out.

Tony

Quote from: jnl1984 on July 03, 2012, 06:29:14 PM
Thanks for the information. I am quite looking forward to when its finished and seeing how it turns out.

Also, is it correct that there will always be a bus awaiting departure at its designated stop? i think that's what i read, but couldn't really make it out.

If it does happen on the 22nd July!

The bus stop rules are that a bus can have up to 5 minutes layover on any stop, so no, there will not always be a bus on the stop, as only a couple of routes run on that frequency.

Having a bus always waiting would be the same as parking a bus up all day, increasing every routes PVR by one. I don't think any of the West Midlands operators could afford to do that. Even worse would be routes like the 16 which have about 8 stops in the city, so you would need 8 buses parked up all day!

Lukeee

Thats a good point, if every bus is going to wait for 5 minuites (assuming it arrived on time) then what stop will the 16 wait at?.

Ashley

I assume it would have its own stop where it has the golden 5 minutes, but other stops it would share with other services, just a guess. Personally I think it still looks abit of a mess, considering were only weeks away from it all, I could go into a rant about the emission zone but I won't

Roy

It seems to be going ahead on the 22nd.  Centro have finally put some details on their Network West Midlands site with a link to the Connected City website which has some maps.  The Express and Star says that there will be 14 public exhibitions between now and 29 July, with the first in Edgbaston Street tomorrow from 9.30 to 3.00.

According to the Centro website, the dates and places for the other exhibitions have been posted on the Network West Midlands website - they haven't!  Hopefully, these will be posted shortly.

notepanel

I believe the first new stops are now possibly in place.

The first possible one I've noticed is outside Hotel LaTour, on the new direction side of Moor Street.

Rather than a traditional stop, it appears to be a grey rectangular pole, with a black rectangle sign on the top.

In a modern style, it also has the other transport mode connections available.

It may not even be a stop though!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk