News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Travel Badge/Plate

Started by DJ, July 01, 2018, 02:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Hi all, would anyone be able to help identify this badge/plate that I purchased from a stall up at the Potteries event a week ago? It looks like it may have been used on the front of Metrobuses back in the West Midlands Travel days, as there looks to be something similar on the front of one of 3303's photographs on this site, but it's hard to tell due to the age of the photograph. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Gareth

Fitted to Metrobuses and Lynxs in about 95/96

PB2938

Began being fitted in 1996 when heritage vechiles was painted then fitted to all metros which returned from marshalls refurbishment and repaints. Some Leyland lynx had them as well.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

DJ

Quote from: Gareth on July 01, 2018, 08:17:34 AM
Fitted to Metrobuses and Lynxs in about 95/96

Quote from: PB2938 on July 01, 2018, 08:29:50 AM
Began being fitted in 1996 when heritage vechiles was painted then fitted to all metros which returned from marshalls refurbishment and repaints. Some Leyland lynx had them as well.

Thank you to both of you for the information, so it's from one of my two favourite buses then, that's a plus! I'd have been happy if it was just a random sign from a depot or something, as it looks pretty cool to me, but to know where it came from, it's amazing.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk