News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Whats Diamonds Best & Worst Route ?

Started by Nathan4775, July 03, 2012, 04:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Yes I agree on the 002, without it I would not be able to commute every day but was talking to a Diamond Driver who says that the route is so badly mis-timed that even after his first journey of the day he's running 10 minutes late and can never ever catch it up after driving all day, no wonder they do seem to thrash the Centro's round, so just a word of warning whatever time it states on the timetables ignore it! But it shoudn't be too much of a problem as despite the timing issues the 15 minute frequency does still seem to hold up.

Oh and hope you don't get one with the awful Urban 90 seats as by the time you arrive at Merry Hill you are wondering where all the feeling in your legs and back has gone, but saying that they had at least two hybrids out on the route yesterday and they are without doubt the best buses I have ever been on

PM

Quote from: wilmotm on September 27, 2012, 09:40:05 AM
Yes I agree on the 002, without it I would not be able to commute every day but was talking to a Diamond Driver who says that the route is so badly mis-timed that even after his first journey of the day he's running 10 minutes late and can never ever catch it up after driving all day, no wonder they do seem to thrash the Centro's round, so just a word of warning whatever time it states on the timetables ignore it! But it shoudn't be too much of a problem as despite the timing issues the 15 minute frequency does still seem to hold up.

Oh and hope you don't get one with the awful Urban 90 seats as by the time you arrive at Merry Hill you are wondering where all the feeling in your legs and back has gone, but saying that they had at least two hybrids out on the route yesterday and they are without doubt the best buses I have ever been on

The urban 90 seats are only on 30806 and I used to find them uncomfortable but for urban routes theyre acceptable

sonic84

I think the 123 is one of Diamond's better routes too.  It was one of Pete's Travel few moments of creativity deciding to amalgamate the 123 and 440 services.  ;D

I wonder what will happen to the Perry Barr - Bearwood section once the Sandwell network review takes place.  I know the 123 and the 40X pretty much follow the same route, but the 40X is so infrequent its not really a replacement in its current form.

I will be sad to see the 123 go.

Ashley

Those Urban 90 seats are awful, theyre in the smaller Centros and some of Arrivas MPD Darts

Discodave

could not have a kip too murder on the back so could not have a kip when you broke down like you usually did at Arriva Cannock

bususer12

One of the worst buses ever (bx56 bpy/20812) a Plaxton Primo on the 123. Loud rattly thing with those urban 90 seats.

PM

Primos are sh*t-why in god's name did they ever buy them?? They should sell the lot and buy some centro bodied man's as these are epic

hartshill busman 724210

Quote from: sonic84 on September 27, 2012, 09:41:34 PM
I think the 123 is one of Diamond's better routes too.  It was one of Pete's Travel few moments of creativity deciding to amalgamate the 123 and 440 services.  ;D

I wonder what will happen to the Perry Barr - Bearwood section once the Sandwell network review takes place.  I know the 123 and the 40X pretty much follow the same route, but the 40X is so infrequent its not really a replacement in its current form.

I will be sad to see the 123 go.
the 123 section not covered (not sure if all route)went out on emergency tender last week!

PM

When do we think this tender result and the sandwell tender results will be up?

Stu

I'm guessing the full details will become available next week, as Network West Midlands said that they would be released at the beginning of October.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

Quote from: Stu on September 29, 2012, 06:48:53 PM
I'm guessing the full details will become available next week, as Network West Midlands said that they would be released at the beginning of October.

Itll be interesting to see if the rumours are true or if Hanson's has decided to ruin the party again.....

hartshill busman 724210

My info says definitely no Hansons involvment this time Peter.

PM

Quote from: hartshill busman on September 29, 2012, 07:32:14 PM

My info says definitely no Hansons involvment this time Peter.

Cheers and I look forward to officially hearing the results

Stu

From what has been stated already here, seems Diamond have won a few Centro tenders for new services in Sandwell.

With Blue Diamond set to pull out of some routes in Birmingham (like the 37 and 97), I wonder whether routes like the 50 might transfer to Blue Diamond (as the 19 has done recently), freeing Black/Red Diamond buses to operate any new services in this area...
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

PM

I hope the 50, 16 and 56 dont transfer because I much prefer Diamond Bus Company as they have better buses and run on time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk