News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

10A to Lichfield from 22nd of July

Started by Michael Bevan, June 10, 2018, 05:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventry Transport Dude

Did the recently damaged Coventry Heritage Bus 4453 get repaired in time and go out in service at all yesterday, or was it replaced instead by the freshly repainted 4839, which is now in its new two-tone blue livery !

andyr

A pity Bristol VR 4714 couldnt of come out to play with its classic livery

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: P419 EJW on September 02, 2018, 01:15:03 AM
Unfortunately, the original bus (Bristol VR 4413) didn't make it. I was informed today that the  substitute didn't make it either. @Westy
Do u know what the subditude was @P419 EJW

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on September 02, 2018, 02:01:20 AM
Do u know what the subditude was @P419 EJW
There was no heritage vehicle on the trips it would have operated, it was just a bus in normal service.
Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on September 02, 2018, 01:15:23 AM
Did the recently damaged Coventry Heritage Bus 4453 get repaired in time and go out in service at all yesterday, or was it replaced instead by the freshly repainted 4839, which is now in its new two-tone blue livery !
4453 did not attend.
4839 did attend and was in normal service on the 10/A.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on September 02, 2018, 01:15:23 AM

No it didn't. It was in Perry Barr yesterday under repair

Tony

Quote from: John on September 02, 2018, 09:06:30 AM
No it didn't. It was in Perry Barr yesterday under repair

It moved to Walsall for paintwork attention during the running day, so did appear in Walsall!

Coventry Transport Dude

"THANK YOU" Tony, John and 2206 for your much appreciated reply to my question, regarding the Coventry Heritage Bus 4453 ! (Such a shame it wasn't able to run in service yesterday, but pleased to hear that 4839 was in attendance to represent Coventry !).

l.murphy123

Thoughts on running the 10A a bit later on evenings? It terminates in Burntwood 3 times from Walsall weekdays, it could continue to Lichfield another two times and terminate early on the third. Other than that its good to see a Sunday service in south staffs, it's always busy.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Lichfield_Lad

Is the 10A busy to/from Lichfield monday to friday daytime? On the 2 occasions I used it, when leaving/arriving at Lichfield there was 4 or less people on the bus. Even when the bus left Walsall extremely well loaded for a 1440 afternoon service (two people standing) .

Perhaps the journeys that are not so close to the 35/35B departures are busier? Because by the top it got to Lichfield bus station there was only one passenger :o

Westy

Quote from: Lichfield_Lad on October 25, 2018, 02:15:08 PM
Is the 10A busy to/from Lichfield monday to friday daytime? On the 2 occasions I used it, when leaving/arriving at Lichfield there was 4 or less people on the bus. Even when the bus left Walsall extremely well loaded for a 1440 afternoon service (two people standing) .

Perhaps the journeys that are not so close to the 35/35B departures are busier? Because by the top it got to Lichfield bus station there was only one passenger :o

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the 35 group of routes!

Maybe chop it back to Leighswood to Walsall or perhaps increase the service through Stonnall & Shenstone instead?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Lichfield_Lad on October 25, 2018, 02:15:08 PM

It's very busy on Sundays perhaps because there's no 35 or Arriva services. I agree though only a few carry on to Lichfield but there's usually plenty waiting when I've been on. I still think there should be later evening services instead of terminating / starting at Swan Island.

Another interesting thing I noticed is the times on the bus stops are just copied of the entire timetable for the given direction! You'd have to guess when the bus will arrive. One thing Arriva do well is bus stop timetables - very clear.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

PB2938

Quote from: l.murphy123 on October 25, 2018, 11:03:18 PM
It's very busy on Sundays perhaps because there's no 35 or Arriva services. I agree though only a few carry on to Lichfield but there's usually plenty waiting when I've been on. I still think there should be later evening services instead of terminating / starting at Swan Island.

Another interesting thing I noticed is the times on the bus stops are just copied of the entire timetable for the given direction! You'd have to guess when the bus will arrive. One thing Arriva do well is bus stop timetables - very clear.

The bus stops timetables are better in. My opion. Passengers are there in advanced of when the bus is due. Not like network west midlands with a time at every bus stop and the passengers there last minute and always end up missing it. The times at bus stops are estimates not timing points.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

l.murphy123

Quote from: PB2938 on October 26, 2018, 10:21:23 AM
The bus stops timetables are better in. My opion. Passengers are there in advanced of when the bus is due. Not like network west midlands with a time at every bus stop and the passengers there last minute and always end up missing it. The times at bus stops are estimates not timing points.

If somebody turns up to a bus stop late they will miss the bus regardless of what is written on the stop??
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on October 25, 2018, 07:13:15 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the 35 group of routes!

Maybe chop it back to Leighswood to Walsall or perhaps increase the service through Stonnall & Shenstone instead?

Ive been on the 35 a few times now and found it is about 10 minutes faster to Lichfield than the 10A - mainly I would say due to the more direct roads through Muckley Corner and Wall. Not many people on there though, most people get off at Aldridge.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

l.murphy123

Noticed today the 10A branded bus stop flags around burntwood / chase town have been replaced by the awful Staffordshire ones (not new ones either). Wonder if it was a short term solution or whether they didnt have permission?
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk