News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Has it Improved?

Started by Ash, July 02, 2012, 10:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I wonder what peoples views are just over 4 months since the Coventry network review took place, has your service improved with all the changes and ammendments made or do people feel the old services were better, personally as a regular user of catching the bus from the rail station to the city centre the choice of more services at a higher frequency the review has improved my journey, what about others? Also how do people think it should have been changed or ammended to improve it even further.

Valandil

Cheylesmore and surrounding areas have seen a great improvement, especially at night.
The 16 and 16a on the east side of the city are really cool, and seem popular with passengers, even despite the long journey time, due to going through nearly every estate in the book.

Services 6 and 6a are interesting, and are very often operated by single deckers now!
Probably since they look as though they could survive with just single decks on the north side -- but need double on the west side.
I don't understand why Cov has this obsession with through services: it doesn't seem to make sense in cases like this.

There have been many comments about bendy buses being unnecessary on service 4; from my experience, I agree.

Ash

I agree when i have seen a bendi bus on the 4 there not normally that full, the problem i guess NX Coventry has is where to put them, as most services cant handle the bendibuses and the 21 has the enviro's. I dont know many services in Coventry but could the 8 handle bendi buses to Walesgrave as it uses the rail station like the old 27 service.

Ashley

I tried the Coventry network twice before it changed but comparing it to the changes, the new network is much better, better services from the rail station to Poll Meadow for a start, I had the choice of the 8 and 9 one morning, opted for the 8 because it was an empty double decker, but its easier to getto a wider range of places whereas before, if you wanted to go to one area, chances are youd have a long wait for the next bus, good example being the Tanyard Farm end of the 6/6A which do need double deckers, but its a nice run into town on an evening when its close to empty, the 4 should be double deckers back to its half hourly frequency or keep it at 15 mins with smaller single deckers, the bendys dont suit Coventry, send them to Malta lol

jade4444

Present worst 6 &6A and 16&16A always bus late in everyday. I been told to nx Coventry so NXC say" We do know, as soon planning New Timetable".

6 & 6A need improve timetable help reduce bus running late.
16 & 16A need improve timetable help reduce bus running late.

They waits for Earlsdon Clock in nearly the future and they repair with improve Earlsdon Clock around then bendy bus ready to service 12. Last two weeks, I saw 6019 on bendy bus for training in 12 routes.

Valandil

Really, Jade? Might I ask when, and whether you got a photo?
I know they've done route training in the past, but I asked NX about bendies on the 12 and they flatly denied anything!

Ashley

maybe bendis would be ideal on the 12 in term time. The routes you mention aparantly run late due to congestion on corporation street but on one particular day there was alot of city centre congestion and it was all olver the radios  of NX Coventrys buses to follow alternative routes, and I though 'wow, shame WM don't do that if Birminghams in gridlock, or do they

John

When Moor Street is jammed up with traffic, The Chelmsley Wood buses that load on Upper Bull Street, 55, 94, 14, 90 will load on The Priory Queensway, and turn around in Old Square and back down Priory to Moor Street, with inspectors on Bull Street telling passengers to go there to get their bus.

One time around 2 weeks ago, the traffic was so bad, 3 14's, 2 55's and 2 94's turned up all at once. Not one went round to Bull Street.

jade4444

We further express our serious concern about the future of the 'Earlsdon Clock'
roundabout and the junctions affected should a bendy-bus be used on this route and call on Coventry City Council to protect the 'clock roundabout' in Earlsdon and to formally oppose the use of a bendy-bus on route 12."

http://epetitions.coventry.gov.uk/closed-or-rejected-epetitions/closed-epetitions/%E2%80%98no%E2%80%99-to-a-bendy-bus-on-route-12-through-earlsdon/

Tony

Quote from: jade4444 on July 03, 2012, 06:35:34 PM

We further express our serious concern about the future of the 'Earlsdon Clock'
roundabout and the junctions affected should a bendy-bus be used on this route and call on Coventry City Council to protect the 'clock roundabout' in Earlsdon and to formally oppose the use of a bendy-bus on route 12."

http://epetitions.coventry.gov.uk/closed-or-rejected-epetitions/closed-epetitions/%E2%80%98no%E2%80%99-to-a-bendy-bus-on-route-12-through-earlsdon/

As Bendi-buses actually use a smaller envelope of road space than a rigid 12m single deck, with a much smaller rear overhang swing I don't see what the problem is as Mercs are currently used sometimes on the 12.

Have a look at the state of the rear corners on the Citaros, then have a look at rear corners of the O405s you will see far more dents and bumps on the O405s as they are far more prone to hitting obstructions on tight turns.

If you look at the bottom of that page you have put a link on you will see Coventry CC are happy with the assurances received from National Express. I think that tells you something about how daft the petition was

Ashley

The O405Ns do have a few scrapes at the back yes, they just have quite large rear ends and quite rigid bulky bodies, sort of like the WA B7RLEs whhich look as if they have similar issues regarding size but maybe thats me off on a tangent

Valandil

I thought the problem with the 12 would be the Belvedere Road area.
I know that there was some talk of having to amend the route of the 12 if Bendies were to be introduced, so I assume that this was it.

The other thing is that if they use bendies on the core daytime 12 running boards, then they'll have to operate them all the way to Leamington via Kenilworth as well.
I don't think there will be many problems here, but it does add an extra layer to the story.

jade4444

If Nearly the future. If Bendi bus on 12 means  Belvedere Road  will withdrawn and diversion to Warwick road to Earlsdon Town. I am not Sure about that. Wait see In Nearly the future. :P

vinh1000

New network is much better much more frequent than usual  :)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Valandil

From the Warwickshire County Council website, journeys to and from Leamington on service 12 will be renumbered 11 from October.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk