News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 04, 2019, 12:27:48 AM
General public?

Should be on the website this week.  Timetable leaflets are at print.

Westy

Dont forget to throw some Walsall way.

Simon@Arriva

Simon@Arriva

Hi

Changes from 29th June - should be public in the next 24 hours or so on the website but here is a special preview for you all:

•   1 Cannock/Great Wyrley/Bloxwich/Walsall:  Frequency will be improved to provide a bus every 20 minutes on Mondays to Fridays between Cannock and Walsall.  A bus every 30 minutes on Saturdays will be maintained. Route 1 will no longer operate between Cannock and Huntington, and this will be replaced by route 2.

•   2 Huntington/Cannock/Cheslyn Hay/Bloxwich/Walsall: Extended beyond Cannock and co-ordinate with route 74 to provide a bus every 15 minutes between Huntington and Cannock. Buses will continue to operate every 30 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays, while buses between Bloxwich and Walsall will be diverted to offer new links from Blakenall to Walsall, Bloxwich and Cannock..

•   3/3a Cannock/Norton Canes/Brownhills/Walsall:  The number of journeys serving the Norton Green Lane and Chapel Street area of Norton Canes to Brownhills, Walsall and Cannock will be increased from three a day to every 60 minutes, Monday to Saturday.   Route 3a will serve the Norton East Road area of Norton Canes every 60 minutes, maintaining a link to Brownhills and Walsall.  The 3 operates every 60 minutes between Cannock and Walsall and the 3A every 60 minutes between Norton Canes and Walsall.

•   60/60a Cannock/Norton Canes/Chasetown/Lichfield: Frequency is being improved to provide a bus every 15 minutes on Mondays to Saturdays between Cannock, Heath Hayes, Norton Canes, Chasetown, Burntwood and Lichfield. A new route, numbered 60a provides Hawks Green, Heath Hayes and Norton Canes with more frequent links to Cannock, Chasetown and Lichfield.

•   61/61a Cannock/Wimblebury/Boney Hay/Lichfield: These services are being withdrawn due to low passenger numbers travelling to and from Lichfield. Going forward, transport into Cannock from Hawks Green (Gorsemoor Road) and Heath Hayes (Langholm Drive) will be available on route 3, while route 62 will serve Wimblebury and routes 60/60a will serve Chasetown and Burntwood.

•   62/62a/62s Cannock/Hednesford/ Rawnsley/Lichfield:  The service from Cannock will now terminate at Cannock Wood/Prospect Village, with more frequent connections available to Lichfield on routes 60/60a from Cannock Bus Station every 15 minutes.

•   63 Cannock/Hednesford/Rugeley: The timetable of route 63 is being slightly revised to provide better connections at Cannock Bus Station with the improved route 60a.

•   70 Cannock/Cheslyn Hay/Featherstone/Wolverhampton: A revised timetable will be introduced with certain early morning and late afternoon journeys on Saturdays being withdrawn due to low passenger numbers. In addition, the 8.45am, 14.45pm and 15.15pm departures from Cannock to Wolverhampton, and the 8.12am and 14.12pm departures from Wolverhampton to Cannock, will no longer serve Ascot Drive and Bideford Way in Cannock on Mondays to Fridays due car parking along this section of the route causing delays. These buses will operate direct along Longford Road instead.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 05, 2019, 07:59:41 AM
Of course.

And my community centre and library please. I can collect some if its easier. Thanks for sharing the above, what about the 2E/A?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

Hang on.

Have you given up on Somerfield Road as well?

No buses for my road then, if thats the case.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on June 05, 2019, 12:35:10 PM
Hang on.

Have you given up on Somerfield Road as well?

No buses for my road then, if thats the case.

Unfortunately that is correct.

Bob

Have you actually got enough Sapphire vehicles? They struggle as it is!

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 05, 2019, 01:01:28 PM
Unfortunately that is correct.

Does that count for Turnberry as well?

I'd better have a word with NWM & see if there's a replacement.

(I'd be surprised if there is though!)

Is the Blakenall section replacing the 19 because I was under the impression elsewhere on here Nx had got the rest of the 19?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on June 05, 2019, 04:10:32 PM
Does that count for Turnberry as well?

I'd better have a word with NWM & see if there's a replacement.

(I'd be surprised if there is though!)

Is the Blakenall section replacing the 19 because I was under the impression elsewhere on here Nx had got the rest of the 19?

Hi

Still doing Turnberry with the 2.  As I understand it, the 19 is still going to be running.

Westy

While I understand the Staffordshire section of the new 2a is a tender, what is the status of the West Midlands section? Is it a TfWm tender added on, a full Staffs tender covering part of the Wm, or fully commercial?

When there is plenty of buses using that section, why does the 2a go that way as well?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on June 05, 2019, 06:09:28 PM
While I understand the Staffordshire section of the new 2a is a tender, what is the status of the West Midlands section? Is it a TfWm tender added on, a full Staffs tender covering part of the Wm, or fully commercial?

When there is plenty of buses using that section, why does the 2a go that way as well?

Fully commercial.

Bob

Will Cannock garage be requiring more Sapphire buses then?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk