News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Polite Notice to all members

This thread is specifically for asking questions to Simon from Arriva, and not for general chit-chat or other discussions/arguments. Non-relevant posts will be removed by the admins, thank you.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Can you confirm which of the fleet are planned for a refurb Simon?

Rich-82

Is There any planned repaint for Shrewsbury garage?

PointerDart

Simon, how come the notice of service updates has come to the point where the notice is put up just two days before the changes are due to take place (for example, the recent cancellation of the 519 Newport - Shrewsbury on Saturdays)?

Previously the notice given was about 3 weeks or so but has dwindled to being just days beforehand. While I can understand certain services being cut, I also understand the inconvenience and frustration customers feel from a lack of sufficient notice.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: PointerDart on September 01, 2018, 08:31:49 PM
Simon, how come the notice of service updates has come to the point where the notice is put up just two days before the changes are due to take place (for example, the recent cancellation of the 519 Newport - Shrewsbury on Saturdays)?

Previously the notice given was about 3 weeks or so but has dwindled to being just days beforehand. While I can understand certain services being cut, I also understand the inconvenience and frustration customers feel from a lack of sufficient notice.

Hi,

Fair point and I am not sure what has happened here.  Will look in to this and see how we can improve.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Rich-82 on August 29, 2018, 05:39:39 PM
Is There any planned repaint for Shrewsbury garage?

Yes, very shortly.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on August 29, 2018, 12:26:12 PM
Can you confirm which of the fleet are planned for a refurb Simon?

The Pulsars.

PointerDart

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on September 04, 2018, 08:28:26 PM
Hi,

Fair point and I am not sure what has happened here.  Will look in to this and see how we can improve.

Thanks - also from what I could see it was only advertised on Facebook and not even the website; could this be looked into as well, please, for those who may not use social media?

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on September 04, 2018, 08:29:51 PM
The Pulsars.

Really? Out of all of Cannocks fleet theyre probably the vehicles that arent in desperate need of a retrim!

Westy

Just to let Simon know.

I've seen at least one 1 & 2 leaflet at NX Walsall Travelshop so far.

Whether any more will be put out, I won't be able to check until Saturday though.

It's a shame, it's taken a few years to sort out though.

Thank you anyway.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on September 04, 2018, 09:32:53 PM
Really? Out of all of Cannocks fleet theyre probably the vehicles that arent in desperate need of a retrim!

We are assessing which other vehicles we want to refurb so there will be others but the first batch will be the Pulsars.  They are mid-life and we want to make sure they get refurbed before they get too shabby.  3795 will be done in Sapphire to act as the spare for the 1 and 2 - the others will be in standard new Arriva spec.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: PointerDart on September 04, 2018, 08:31:01 PM
Thanks - also from what I could see it was only advertised on Facebook and not even the website; could this be looked into as well, please, for those who may not use social media?

For lots of reasons, which are not for on here, updating the website is more difficult than you might expect.  It would be our aim to do this.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on September 05, 2018, 04:28:42 PM
We are assessing which other vehicles we want to refurb so there will be others but the first batch will be the Pulsars.  They are mid-life and we want to make sure they get refurbed before they get too shabby.  3795 will be done in Sapphire to act as the spare for the 1 and 2 - the others will be in standard new Arriva spec.

Whats heppening with the Merc? I thought that was brought in so the Pulsar didnt need to be refurbed. You'd be better refurbing several to Sapphire and putting them on the 1 and 2, and then shoving the Streetlites on the Pye Greens where passengers only have to suffer the slowness, noise, wheelspins, jerks and uncomfortable ride for a few mins at a time. Are the Commanders not going to be considered? The interiors of the 06 plate in many cases are filthy and threadbare as are some of the 04 plate Cadets

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on September 05, 2018, 04:51:30 PM
Whats heppening with the Merc? I thought that was brought in so the Pulsar didnt need to be refurbed. You'd be better refurbing several to Sapphire and putting them on the 1 and 2, and then shoving the Streetlites on the Pye Greens where passengers only have to suffer the slowness, noise, wheelspins, jerks and uncomfortable ride for a few mins at a time. Are the Commanders not going to be considered? The interiors of the 06 plate in many cases are filthy and threadbare as are some of the 04 plate Cadets

The Merc will go back to Tamworth as their spare Sapphire.

It is likely the Commanders will be done but not confirmed.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on September 05, 2018, 08:34:53 PM
The Merc will go back to Tamworth as their spare Sapphire.

It is likely the Commanders will be done but not confirmed.

Are any of the fleet due to be replaced? Not necessarily by new buses, well that defo wont be the case but second hand?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk