News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

X51 / 51 / 952

Started by Stu, May 19, 2018, 07:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on May 21, 2018, 06:03:51 PM
Looks like there's been a lot of duty changes on the X51, as the 2nd from Cannock gets a different driver every day now.

I got the X51 to Cannock and the driver was new to the route... doesn't help that South Staffs don't bother writing anything on the bus stop flags. They need to start writing the stop name and route numbers on them. Some of them still have a faded Chase Linx logo on which stopped running some 10 years ago.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

l.murphy123

Quote from: Stu on May 19, 2018, 07:15:48 PM

My question is, to those who might know, is what are the X51 and 51/952 services like during peak times for reliability? I know its all very well and good on a Saturday trying to do a 'test-run' from Beeches Road to Auckland Road in Sparkbrook, which was an admittedly impressive 25 to 35mins (X51 to Moor Street, then 37 to Sparkbrook, though obviously I could just get any Stratford Rd service), and probably faster than getting there from South Yardley which currently takes me 35 to 45mins (ten minute walk to Coventry Road, X1/X2 bus to Bordesley station, then further 10min walk into Sparkbrook).

I use the X51 multiple times per week now from start to finish (Walsall - Moor St) and I find the whole run takes between 30 and 45 minutes depending on traffic. Last week it took half an hour from Birmingham to Perry Barr due to an accident on the M6, but still got to Walsall in less than an hour total. I'd rather wait an extra 10 mins for a faster and comfier X51 than a 51.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 08, 2018, 12:53:28 AM

I got the X51 to Cannock and the driver was new to the route... doesn't help that South Staffs don't bother writing anything on the bus stop flags. They need to start writing the stop name and route numbers on them. Some of them still have a faded Chase Linx logo on which stopped running some 10 years ago.
Its the same in Warwickshire in Water Orton and Coleshill.
There are no NX X70 route numbers on the flags (Though some of them have the colsehill connection 75 covering part of the old flags).
The stop at Coleshill Parkway only has the old 70 route number on the flag.
A few stops in Water Orton still have the 590A and 590C route numbers on them, which were withdrawn approximatley 10 years ago now and replaced at the time by service 90. Some stops still have Travel West Midlands logos on them.

The flags in Coleshill stlll have the 717/767/757/777 route numbers on them though these routes don't operate any more. They also have Johnsons and Arriva logos on them though neither operate through Coleshill anymore either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Is there nothing stopping NX putting up their own flags & poles in the shires, removing old TWM info where possible?

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on July 08, 2018, 01:50:03 PM
Is there nothing stopping NX putting up their own flags & poles in the shires, removing old TWM info where possible?

The council say its down to the operators, and in Cannock Arriva have the monopoly so it's up to them. They dont make much effort with things like that, shame we aren't under TfWM.

Sorry to go off topic.
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71

Trident 4194

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 08, 2018, 11:18:58 PM
The council say its down to the operators, and in Cannock Arriva have the monopoly so it's up to them. They dont make much effort with things like that, shame we aren't under TfWM.

Sorry to go off topic.

Don't be wishing to be put under TFWM please.

Westy

Think a certain person has a downer on me at the mo!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk