News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Free bus passes for the homeless

Started by monkeyjoe, April 09, 2018, 06:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Seeing the coverage on the news fair play nxbus

the trainbasher

Another waste of money just to get a few votes/extra publicity

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 09, 2018, 06:31:10 PM

Several years ago before this forum I remember a certain train/bus spotter approaching me asking for a day ticket to get home after 'losing their own' when I was an inspector

V89MOA

Tell that to the homeless... The Birmingham Mail said National Express were paying for this anyway so I don't see what difference it makes.

BK63 YWP

OR sorting out an issue. Seriously @the trainbasher run for office because you think you know what you are doing with money! Bet you would not mind the money you would get for yourself
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Solo1

How  many  tickets are national express giving out to the homeless  just hope it's 1 per person & they don't expect to have a lot of free tickets.

Dutsey

Good idea - just hope it doesn't get used and abused by the feckless.

The only question I would like to ask is how do you know who is homeless?

Kevin

Quote from: Dutsey on April 10, 2018, 07:19:39 AM
Good idea - just hope it doesn't get used and abused by the feckless.

The only question I would like to ask is how do you know who is homeless?

You can guarantee it'll be abused
I'll be honest, I don't think they should have publicised this, I can imagine a certain section if society rubbing their hands with glee
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

monkeyjoe

Give them out at hostels is my understanding

karl724223

give the home less daysavers for job interviews  yerr right
They make more money Beggin
We have trouble with them trying to get on the buses in the unclean state they are in sometimes piss stained trousers  would you like to sit on a seat after them
Also they are up colmore row aggressively begging from bus passengers
Have you seen the ones who sleep in the banks cash machine entrance on the right as you enter colmore row  would you use it to withdraw cash then  being intimidated for money
You have the woman who sits on broad st begging looks very nice and clean for a begger with her samsong galaxy phone I've seen her on

Quote from: karl724223 on April 10, 2018, 10:27:15 PM
give the home less daysavers for job interviews  yerr right
They make more money Beggin
We have trouble with them trying to get on the buses in the unclean state they are in sometimes piss stained trousers  would you like to sit on a seat after them
Also they are up colmore row aggressively begging from bus passengers
Have you seen the ones who sleep in the banks cash machine entrance on the right as you enter colmore row  would you use it to withdraw cash then  being intimidated for money
You have the woman who sits on broad st begging looks very nice and clean for a begger with her samsong galaxy phone I've seen her on
In what way, hows it agressive?
You can see them on the streets allover the City Centre, but its not aggressive.
Never seen them snatching money of people as well. I've never seen any of them force anybody to give them anything either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on April 10, 2018, 10:34:32 PM
In what way, hows it agressive?
You can see them on the streets allover the City Centre, but its not aggressive.
Never seen them snatching money of people as well. I've never seen any of them force anybody to give them anything either.

Yes it is. I worked on Colmore Row 2 Saturdays ago, withdrew £30 from a cash machine outside Barclays and as soon as I took the money one of them stood up and started to walk over to me. It is intimidating and aggressive.

Quote from: Dom on April 10, 2018, 11:04:09 PM
Yes it is. I worked on Colmore Row 2 Saturdays ago, withdrew £30 from a cash machine outside Barclays and as soon as I took the money one of them stood up and started to walk over to me. It is intimidating and aggressive.
Its not all of them that go walking up to people though. I've used the cash points on Colmore Row and the one outside Tesco at Old Square and not been approached by them.
Some of them are dodgy. I've never experienced that  myself, but if I find them intimidating and thought they look dodgy then I wouldn't draw money out from there in the first place, there's a cash point a short walk away, in the Bullring, and there wouldn't be anyone hanging about in there.

Quote from: karl724223 on April 10, 2018, 10:27:15 PM
A lot of them are genuine though.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

karl724223

Quote from: 2206 on April 10, 2018, 11:10:09 PM
Its not all of them that go walking up to people though.
Some of them are dodgy. I've never experienced that  myself, but if I find them intimidating and thought they look dodgy then I wouldn't draw money out from there in the first place, there's a cash point a short walk away, in the Bullring, and there wouldn't be anyone hanging about in there.
A lot of them are genuine though.
have you had to deal with them when they just walk on the bus without paying stinking of booze then when you challenge them you see how aggressive they become

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk