News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Jaguar Land Rover contract

Started by Tony, March 06, 2018, 05:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

The MD in an email today confirmed that National Express have won the JLR contract currently run by DeCourcey & Silverline

winston

That's a fair chunk of additional work for NX I believe, with both Coaches & Buses currently employed.

I bet that's come as a shock to DeCourcey & Silverline.

Solo1

I take it those coaches nx  got a few weeks ago will be used along with
buses from different depots ,Will the staff on the  contacts  move
To nx to run them

Trident 4194

No doubt nx offered the cheapest price there- that the likes of the small operators couldn't really match

Will they be using the second hand buses that Tony mentioned are due into the fleet? Or is it all too early to say?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 06, 2018, 06:34:58 PM
No doubt nx offered the cheapest price there- that the likes of the small operators couldn't really match

No. Small operators can normally beat NX on price hence why most all day TfWM tenders are other operators. It is more than just cost.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 06, 2018, 06:46:20 PM
No. Small operators can normally beat NX on price hence why most all day TfWM tenders are other operators. It is more than just cost.

But nx makes more money off commercial services than tenders hence its lack of tendered routes?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 06, 2018, 06:59:52 PM
But nx makes more money off commercial services than tenders hence its lack of tendered routes?

So why would they bid for the JLR then? The reason NX cannot make money of TfWM tenders is because smaller operators can run them cheaper so win the bids.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 06, 2018, 07:08:13 PM
So why would they bid for the JLR then? The reason NX cannot make money of TfWM tenders is because smaller operators can run them cheaper so win the bids.

Why can't nx make money of tenders?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 06, 2018, 08:10:06 PM
Why can't nx make money of tenders?

As I've put above, smaller operators can put in cheaper bids, so to win a tender you need to match that price or lower, so if your costs are higher (NX pay the highest wages of the stage carriage operators) even if you win the tender you don't make money. Diamond have the same problem bidding against Igo.

Tenders for odd journies are different because if it is on a route NX already run then it is cheaper for NX to send a bus out for an extra hours than for another operator to send a bus from garage for one trip unless they also have a route starting after the tendered run finishes

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 06, 2018, 08:17:09 PM
As I've put above, smaller operators can put in cheaper bids, so to win a tender you need to match that price or lower, so if your costs are higher (NX pay the highest wages of the stage carriage operators) even if you win the tender you don't make money. Diamond have the same problem bidding against Igo.

Tenders for odd journies are different because if it is on a route NX already run then it is cheaper for NX to send a bus out for an extra hours than for another operator to send a bus from garage for one trip unless they also have a route starting after the tendered run finishes

Oh I see I've never thought about it like that regarding nx paying the best. Thanks for the useful info.

Nxwm

Let's see if Perry Barr get some of this JLR work be good to see them on it too aswell as other garages

MW

What's the starting rate per hour at NX and what's the length of an average duty?

John

Quote from: Nxwm on March 06, 2018, 08:40:36 PM
Let's see if Perry Barr get some of this JLR work be good to see them on it too aswell as other garages

Considering we are so many drivers short at the minute, unless things improve then I can't see us getting anything at the time being

Other Walsall Tony

So is it a little odd that NXWM will operate the evening and Sunday journeys on Walsall 37? Does it make a difference that many of them interchange with the 41?
Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk