News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midlandred2003

Would imagine they will be red/blue/black or red&white,ie any colour.

the trainbasher

Barbie Diamond? :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Cedric

Quote from: trainbasher on February 13, 2013, 08:39:12 PM
Barbie Diamond? :-)
there will be  diamond  buses in Barbie livery  (with diamond vinlys) until the ex  first vehicles are painted  those that are being  kept
diamond 8\10/125/292

Solo1

With 2 weeks  to go till First kidderminster
& Redditch be come diamond bus any know
What buses there r keeping /getting

winston

Quote from: Solo1 on February 17, 2013, 01:40:45 PM

Do we also take the silence from the Dft that the Redditch part of the transaction will go though without an investigation

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on February 17, 2013, 01:40:45 PM

The buses staying are listed on the main site, I have a list of what is provisionally to move, but it was not finalised when Rotala sent it to me. Mostly darts & Solos and currently at Long Acre being prepared and painted blue

Ash

Does anybody know the exact reason why they are being painted blue and not red. Is blue going to be for Kidderminster and red for Redditch.

midlandred2003

It looks as if blue is to become the main colour.

winston

Quote from: sconehead85 on February 01, 2013, 01:10:56 AM
I did suggest a swop for one of  the Midland companies.  One thing to bear in mind is that Stagecoach may be thwarted in any bid to purchase any further pieces of First.  Also smaller companies are unlikely to buy pieces of First due to the number of them going belly-up.

South Wales will remain with First as they have had to take on Veolias work and there isnt an obvious alternative unless Arriva , Centrebus and Go-Ahead want to move into new areas. 

Centrebus could buy Northampton, but Plymouth could be difficult to sell because Go-Ahead/Stagecoach would be barred.  I think because of the OFT First will have a hard job disposing of any operation.  The logical companies would create a monopoly and the small timers are too weak to take on big company assets.  One only has to look at the amount Go-Ahead hoovered up in East Anglia in 2012!

I think there is NO CHANCE of First finding £82 million of assets to sell by Easter unless the Scottish Government nationalises First's Scottish operations!  Not a bad idea, but the free market zealots would have a fit!

sconehead85

There's a post on the GM buses Yahoo group that suggests Stagecoach have now offered First Group £36.2 million to buy their Bolton & Bury operations as well, I'd bus surprised if they accepted as they may as well dispose of the rest of Manchester if they sell off those two garages. But it does go to show that they could easily raise the £82 million shortfall by sacrificing one decent operation. Personally I think they should retain all the large former PTE operations and sell of some of the smaller operations Potteries, Leicester, Wyvern, Berkshire etc 

Ash

Quote from: midlandred2003 on February 17, 2013, 02:09:45 PM

I just thought it would be much simpler to have:

Black diamond - Black country
Blue diamond - Birmingham and Coventry
Red diamond - Redditch and Kidderminster

I still just don't get the reasoning of all blue buses with diamond fleet names it just creates confusion.

winston

Quote from: Ash on February 17, 2013, 05:04:24 PM

I still just don't get the reasoning of all blue buses with diamond fleet names it just creates confusion.

There's a Diamond white pictured on their revamped website as well

Tony

All blue creates confusion? - no all blue makes things simple

winston

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2013, 04:47:40 PM
I did suggest a swop for one of  the Midland companies.  One thing to bear in mind is that Stagecoach may be thwarted in any bid to purchase any further pieces of First.  Also smaller companies are unlikely to buy pieces of First due to the number of them going belly-up.

South Wales will remain with First as they have had to take on Veolias work and there isnt an obvious alternative unless Arriva , Centrebus and Go-Ahead want to move into new areas. 

Centrebus could buy Northampton, but Plymouth could be difficult to sell because Go-Ahead/Stagecoach would be barred.  I think because of the OFT First will have a hard job disposing of any operation.  The logical companies would create a monopoly and the small timers are too weak to take on big company assets.  One only has to look at the amount Go-Ahead hoovered up in East Anglia in 2012!

I think there is NO CHANCE of First finding £82 million of assets to sell by Easter unless the Scottish Government nationalises First's Scottish operations!  Not a bad idea, but the free market zealots would have a fit!

sconehead85

There's a post on the GM buses Yahoo group that suggests Stagecoach have now offered First Group £36.2 million to buy their Bolton & Bury operations as well, I'd bus surprised if they accepted as they may as well dispose of the rest of Manchester if they sell off those two garages. But it does go to show that they could easily raise the £82 million shortfall by sacrificing one decent operation. Personally I think they should retain all the large former PTE operations and sell of some of the smaller operations Potteries, Leicester, Wyvern, Berkshire etc

There's also suggestions on another Forum that First may now been prepared to sell their entire London bus operation to meet the disposal targets, I'd personally like to see NX Group re-enter the London bus market on scale, a deal like that could add another 885 buses to its UK bus business

winston

I think Diamond should have all buses based at both Long Acre & Tividale blue and the Redditch & Kidderminster operations retain the red

PM

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2013, 05:28:11 PM
Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2013, 04:47:40 PM

sconehead85

There's also suggestions on another Forum that First may now been prepared to sell their entire London bus operation to meet the disposal targets, I'd personally like to see NX Group re-enter the London bus market on scale, a deal like that could add another 885 buses to its UK bus business

I would also like NatEx to reenter London as long as this doesnt divert resources away from the west midlands like last time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk