News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: sconehead85 on February 02, 2013, 01:04:01 AM

To go all LF the First West of England region (roughly the old Bristol Omnibus area) need to replace
40 Dennis Darts , 17 Volvo Olympians and 4 Mercedes midibuses.  Even when these have gone there are many P/R-reg Dennis Darts to replace as well, so I reckon 100 single deckers are needed, plus 17 cascaded LFDDs and four Optare Solos.

sconehead85

Saying that, West of England are currently in the process of receiving 20 x Volvo B7TL/Wright Gemini (53 plate) ex First London

http://www.swhite.org.uk/steve/jan.htm

Roy

Quote from: Winston on February 01, 2013, 06:31:52 PM
Quote from: Roy on February 01, 2013, 05:12:57 PM
Quote from: Winston on January 31, 2013, 10:54:56 PM
I think its fair to say that Bristol, Norwich, Glasgow, Manchester, West Yorkshire & South Yorkshire are all safe,

That's a pity.  Everybody in Bristol would give anything to see First sell up and move their appalling "service" out of Bristol.

I don't think the appalling service is just confined to Bristol, that with high fares & elderly vehicles is why First are in the mess that they are

I agree with you that the appalling service is not confined to Bristol - I've suffered First Devon & Cornwall and First in Worcestershire!  However, things are coming to a head in Bristol with First being attacked on an almost daily basis by politicians and passengers.  The local paper prints letters of protest from passengers nearly every day.  In fact a protest meeting was held this weekend to highlight the extortionate fares charged in the city.
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/MPs-board-campaign-lower-fares-s-city-buses/story-18048060-detail/story.html

Bristol has not seen a new bus from First for nearly 4 years.  Now, it seems that they are to get 10 year old buses cascaded from London.  In addition, buses in Bristol which have had "local identity" applied display "West of England" rather than "Bristol", which has added to the antagonism against First.  The contempt with which First treat the Bristol area is an insult.

I just wonder whether First may be tempted to pull the plug on the old Bristol Omnibus Company area given the constant flak that they are taking from everybody in the area.  I certainly hope so.

Discodave

Quote from: Roy on February 04, 2013, 02:07:08 PM
I think its fair to say that Bristol, Norwich, Glasgow, Manchester, West Yorkshire & South Yorkshire are all safe,

That's a pity.  Everybody in Bristol would give anything to see First sell up and move their appalling "service" out of Bristol.

I don't think the appalling service is just confined to Bristol, that with high fares & elderly vehicles is why First are in the mess that they are

I agree with you that the appalling service is not confined to Bristol - I've suffered First Devon & Cornwall and First in Worcestershire!  However, things are coming to a head in Bristol with First being attacked on an almost daily basis by politicians and passengers.  The local paper prints letters of protest from passengers nearly every day.  In fact a protest meeting was held this weekend to highlight the extortionate fares charged in the city.
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/MPs-board-campaign-lower-fares-s-city-buses/story-18048060-detail/story.html

Bristol has not seen a new bus from First for nearly 4 years.  Now, it seems that they are to get 10 year old buses cascaded from London.  In addition, buses in Bristol which have had "local identity" applied display "West of England" rather than "Bristol", which has added to the antagonism against First.  The contempt with which First treat the Bristol area is an insult.

I just wonder whether First may be tempted to pull the plug on the old Bristol Omnibus Company area given the constant flak that they are taking from everybody in the area.  I certainly hope so.

Looks like Rotala should have gone for Bristol not Redditch or Kiddeminster the Wessex fleet is one of the best and I hear has a lot of good press from the public I know some of the blokes at BOC Bristol use them regular as First are crap.

PM

Quote from: Discodave on February 04, 2013, 05:01:09 PM

Looks like Rotala should have gone for Bristol not Redditch or Kiddeminster the Wessex fleet is one of the best and I hear has a lot of good press from the public I know some of the blokes at BOC Bristol use them regular as First are crap.

They might try and buy Bristol as well.

Discodave

Will the OFT allow it you know what problems First have been having selling things even Arriva buying though eventually got Midland.

Cedric

3/3/13  is when  diamond  start operating   from  the ex  first depot in Kidderminster, think Redditch  might be the 2/3/13
as the ex first depot is open on sundays  where Kidderminster is  closed,+
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

Quote from: bowler on February 04, 2013, 06:41:29 PM
3/3/13  is when  diamond  start operating   from  the ex  first depot in Kidderminster, think Redditch  might be the 2/3/13

Thanks for the information :)

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on February 04, 2013, 06:46:04 PM

I was told this by a driver from first who I  know, when boarding my bus home( a blue diamond  on the 133 pull along side to pick up , )  the driver said that would be there new colours from the 3rd. as I said Redditch might be the 2nd as it is open sunday  and kidderminster is closed
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

Quote from: bowler on February 04, 2013, 06:58:10 PM

I was told this by a driver from first who I  know, when boarding my bus home( a blue diamond  on the 133 pull along side to pick up , )  the driver said that would be there new colours from the 3rd. as I said Redditch might be the 2nd as it is open sunday  and kidderminster is closed

Ok so I'm guessing blue will be the colour chosen for the vehicles of the operation around Redditch and Kidderminster or just from Kidderminster and Redditch stopping at red.

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on February 04, 2013, 07:08:48 PM
Quote from: bowler on February 04, 2013, 06:58:10 PM

Ok so I'm guessing blue will be the colour chosen for the vehicles of the operation around Redditch and Kidderminster or just from Kidderminster and Redditch stopping at red.
did not think of that  , just have wait see on that
diamond 8\10/125/292

sconehead85

Regarding Bristol its possible that First could sell PART of its operations there but it could ONLY be to one of the large groups.  I think it is just out of Rotala's bracket but Arriva, Go-Ahead and RATP are possibilities.  Stagecoach might be allowed, if they are buying just one of the three depots there.

sconehead85

Discodave

Quote from: sconehead85 on February 04, 2013, 07:34:54 PM
Regarding Bristol its possible that First could sell PART of its operations there but it could ONLY be to one of the large groups.  I think it is just out of Rotala's bracket but Arriva, Go-Ahead and RATP are possibilities.  Stagecoach might be allowed, if they are buying just one of the three depots there.

sconehead85

Would Arriva want Bristol its quite a way from most of the operations to link with.  Southern counties maybe but otherwise North Wales is the next nearest.  I am talking on bus operations as I know the trains are in Cardiff.

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on February 04, 2013, 05:01:48 PM

I very much doubt Rotala could afford First's Bristol operation, I also very much doubt it is being considered for sale either

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Winston on February 06, 2013, 11:32:11 AM
Quote from: Peter123 on February 04, 2013, 05:01:48 PM

I very much doubt Rotala could afford First's Bristol operation, I also very much doubt it is being considered for sale either

If Rotala give them a good offer, they're going to be quite likely to sell it because everything seems to be going very slowly towards the 100 million total.

winston

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on February 06, 2013, 04:48:24 PM

If Rotala give them a good offer, they're going to be quite likely to sell it because everything seems to be going very slowly towards the 100 million total.
[/quote]

Rotala do not have the funds to make a good offer, Rotala are already in debt up to their eyeballs....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk