News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

To be able to handle the school contracts Diamond will have no choice in keeping the presidents as they do fill on most if not all school services the are used on, this incluedes the DD 57 and 58 for RSA Arrow Vale Acadamey.
As for the E300 they dont rattel all that much they are ok for the passenger too. The only real down side for Redditch is that i can see the E300's and Volvos going to tiviadale for work in the black country and birmingham leaving Redditch with Darts and Presidents then give Darts and solos to Kidder.
If Diamond do have an OFT free travel in signing the contract to buy Redditch then I think they need to
1 Look at the 146, run it later and try and beat LM on fares then this way LM drivers and train Managers can do what they like or at least match Johnsons and The Green Buses fares,
2 sort the 143 out, if it is going to go Redditch Studley Redditch Bromsgrove then cut out Webheath and go via Headless Cross a long the old route,
3 extand the 64 to webheath giving it a 30 min frecquncey this would allow the 50 and 51 to be merged into one route thus serving Batchley and Brockhill better,
4 start talks with the Alex to look at the bus stop so that the 55/56/57/58/59/143/247/350 (and any other I have missed out) can use it with ease so if three come at once passengers can still board from the pavement not get left behind or have to walk out into the road,
5 look at stand departure points ie let them make sense so that there istnt half a dozen on one stand then 2 on one just behind it,
6 extand the 70A to Feckenham and be done with it then have a review and renumber it to something shorter like 71,
7 merge the numbering of the 60 and 63 to the 60 saves the hesall of having to program the 60 and 63 in,
8 Look at ALL the drivers to see which are better at time keeping, as First has a habit of having fairy tale timetables! then those that are the worst affenders put them on services that would allow a few mishaps or retrain them or give them a golden hand shake,
9 Rebrand the buses quickly, either by using the red Red Diamond livery or the White one but dont go for a mix of all four!
and 10 dont be to hastant in getting rid of the E300s as they are ideal for Redditch and afew of Kidder routes and msybe take some of the wessex volvos off the forsale list and brand them for the 4 so Black Diamond have some better buses.
oh and 11 give Whittles a shock in Kidder Ie bid for the routes don't just half heartedly go for them.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

Has the deal officially gone through now and rotala have purchased First's Redditch and Kidderminster depots and 36 vehicles as it was posted by Preston bus on their facebook page 6 hours ago. Also does anybody know exactly when the changeover will begin and what vehicles from first will move to diamond.

winston

Quote from: Ash on January 25, 2013, 05:00:52 PM
Has the deal officially gone through now and rotala have purchased First's Redditch and Kidderminster depots and 36 vehicles as it was posted by Preston bus on their facebook page 6 hours ago. Also does anybody know exactly when the changeover will begin and what vehicles from first will move to diamond.

No, contracts have been exchanged only as Tony confirmed. If the Oft get involved the deal may not go ahead as per Stagecoach announcing that they had agreed to purchase Barnstable

Ash

Quote from: Winston on January 25, 2013, 05:23:21 PM

No, contracts have been exchanged only as Tony confirmed. If the Oft get involved the deal may not go ahead as per Stagecoach announcing that they had agreed to purchase Barnstable

Thats why I put this comment on here as I thought it was a bit premature announcing an acquisition if it does not go through. 

winston

Quote from: Ash on January 25, 2013, 05:39:25 PM

Thats why I put this comment on here as I thought it was a bit premature announcing an acquisition if it does not go through.

As contracts have been signed, I assume First have committed to selling to Rotala and a third party couldn't now come in with a higher offer. The only thing that would stop the deal going ahead is if the Oft block the deal or impose undertakings such that Rotala decide to pull out

Ash

Quote from: Winston on January 25, 2013, 06:23:40 PM
Quote from: Ash on January 25, 2013, 05:39:25 PM

As contracts have been signed, I assume First have committed to selling to Rotala and a third party couldn't now come in with a higher offer. The only thing that would stop the deal going ahead is if the Oft block the deal or impose undertakings such that Rotala decide to pull out

Thanks Winston, gives me a better understanding now, appreciate your reply.

Cedric

can first change the allocations at redditch or kidderminster still as i have seen a ex wr park and ride bus on kr locals ,  i have them all down as at hereford
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bowler on January 26, 2013, 12:18:44 PM
can first change the allocations at redditch or kidderminster still as i have seen a ex wr park and ride bus on kr locals ,  i have them all down as at hereford

Yes, as both garages & vehicles are still owned by First

Tony

Quote from: Winston on January 26, 2013, 05:53:54 PM

The contract drawn up between First an Rotala will specify which 36 vehicles are involved, it is just it may not be vehicles currently allocated to Kidderminster or Redditch!

winston

Quote from: Tony on January 26, 2013, 06:01:06 PM

The contract drawn up between First an Rotala will specify which 36 vehicles are involved, it is just it may not be vehicles currently allocated to Kidderminster or Redditch!

There are suggestions that Rotala may not be taking the 19 x 53/54 plate Enviro 300s currently allocated to Redditch, can anyone confirm or deny?

PM

Id personally be surprised if first let the e300s go as they are fairly newish buses and rotala will hardly be paying a fortune for the operation. I imagine first will use it as a chance to get rid of old darts, old lances, citybuses, the olympian.... stuff like that. Tho having said that, the wiagan fleet included some newer buses, but then again stagecoach did pay considerably more money for it

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on January 26, 2013, 09:38:59 PM
Id personally be surprised if first let the e300s go as they are fairly newish buses and rotala will hardly be paying a fortune for the operation. I imagine first will use it as a chance to get rid of old darts, old lances, citybuses, the olympian.... stuff like that. Tho having said that, the wiagan fleet included some newer buses, but then again stagecoach did pay considerably more money for it

That's what I was thinking, it would be a good opportunity for First to upgrade the fleets they are retaining at HD & WR at no cost.

As Red Diamond already operate newer 08 plate B7RLE's on the 57/58, I expect these will still be used after the takeover / merging of the two fleets

I think Rotala have got both operations/garages for a bargain price..... still surprised NX weren't interested at the price First have let it go for

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on January 26, 2013, 09:21:31 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 26, 2013, 06:01:06 PM

There are suggestions that Rotala may not be taking the 19 x 53/54 plate Enviro 300s currently allocated to Redditch, can anyone confirm or deny?
i heard that they here not taking the enviros , the  today heard they  could be taking jus 3
diamond 8\10/125/292

Isle of Stroma

I'd be surprised if the Redditch E300's didn't move across as they were Council part-funded for use in Redditch.

Then again, I'm stunned that the sale is going ahead. I understand the geographical appeal but can only assume Rotala have more money than sense - I'll eat my Benny hat if a profit is ever made by them in Kidderminster. As for Redditch,  well, I can see the appeal, but let's just say I would have utilised alternate methods to remove First's presence...

At least they can sell Church Rd to offset forthcoming losses the purchase price.

Quote from: Winston on January 26, 2013, 10:05:25 PM

That's what I was thinking, it would be a good opportunity for First to upgrade the fleets they are retaining at HD & WR at no cost.

As Red Diamond already operate newer 08 plate B7RLE's on the 57/58, I expect these will still be used after the takeover / merging of the two fleets

I think Rotala have got both operations/garages for a bargain price..... still surprised NX weren't interested at the price First have let it go for

winston

Quote from: NEL111P (not 4006 ;-) ) on January 26, 2013, 11:02:11 PM
I'd be surprised if the Redditch E300's didn't move across as they were Council part-funded for use in Redditch.

Then again, I'm stunned that the sale is going ahead. I understand the geographical appeal but can only assume Rotala have more money than sense - I'll eat my Benny hat if a profit is ever made by them in Kidderminster. As for Redditch,  well, I can see the appeal, but let's just say I would have utilised alternate methods to remove First's presence...

At least they can sell Church Rd to offset forthcoming losses the purchase price.

Rotala don't have money that's the problem, its all funded by debt or issuing boats loads of additional shares. They owe more than the entire group is worth......

I don't see how the deal can go ahead, its not in the best interests for both passengers or the staff from First Redditch. I don't think Church Road is actually owned by Rotala, isn't it just leased?

Quote from: Winston on January 26, 2013, 10:05:25 PM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk