News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinnedPeaches

Here are a couple of left-field suggestions. deCourcey seem to have been gradually making an impression lately, particularly with them running the NEC shuttle now. Or hows about Johnson's? No evidence to suggest either, but they both just popped into my head.

PM

Quote from: Mr Wood on November 26, 2012, 05:51:34 PM
Here are a couple of left-field suggestions. deCourcey seem to have been gradually making an impression lately, particularly with them running the NEC shuttle now. Or hows about Johnson's? No evidence to suggest either, but they both just popped into my head.

Fair guesses. I think if anyone could turn around Redditch or Kidderminster it could be Mike de Courcey

Tomjusttom

A very reliable source has informed me that it involves the Dutch. This source has informed me that its quite close to announcement

PM

Quote from: Tomjusttom on November 26, 2012, 06:21:38 PM
A very reliable source has informed me that it involves the Dutch. This source has informed me that its quite close to announcement

The last thing MRW need is being run from Holland-its bad enough for them being run from Essex!! No, if they did buy it, Rotala would be able to sweep in and drive them out.

jc

Suppose he is thinking outside the box?

Maybe they will bring a british amsterdam with them, get your money ready lads! ;)

tank90

I had thought of Johnsons too. Personally I think we should sit tight and see what happens, all we do know is that they are up for sale no one has said they have sold them the company has sold most of the list and a disused depot and there Birkenhead operations too so it might not happen. But I think First need to say something before the rumour wheel starts to roll into the press.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

jc

First are still quite short of there £100m target! The Wyvern rumour will shock most people when it comes out, if the plans don't change before it does!

tank90

First may still kill UK Grey Hound as it doesnt really work. NX and Mega bus had the markets covered.
To be honest a Midland Red rumour could shock any body lol. I do find it funny the Logo of MRW is now the nick name for FMR.
Brain wave the reason why First still havent put any current buses into new fleet colours, they dont know what to call it yet lol
do we go with the legal name First Midland Red or our pet name Wyvern.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

tank90

A big shock woul dhave been a new emergancy timetable for the 146 to help people comute between Redditch and Birmingham while London Midland were having a lack of drivers, they would have made a bomb but because its all run from Essex it wouldnt bother them to get more money and help people at the same time.

Dan

sconehead85

Forget management buyouts- they require bank loans and the banks wont touch bus companies.  An existing larger company takeover is the best bet.

sconehead85

PM

winston

Quote from: jc on November 26, 2012, 07:07:10 PM
First are still quite short of there £100m target! The Wyvern rumour will shock most people when it comes out, if the plans don't change before it does!

Ever so slightly, they haven't even raised a third yet.

I'm wondering whether they may sell off a few operations of First Student / First Transit in America, selling off a few small chunks of the 60,000  fleet over there will hardly even be noticeable. i think Hull Trains has also been suggested as its not really a core operation

winston

As in Abellio's owner Ned Railways?

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Winston on November 26, 2012, 09:14:46 PM

As in Abellio's owner Ned Railways?

That's what my source tells me.

jc

I wouldn't be surprised to see the American bit go, although there operation over there is rather large!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk