News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Demonstrator vehicles

Started by RW, January 10, 2018, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Appear to be an increasing number of new drive technology demonstrator vehicles being produced by the major bus manufacturers. These vehicles appear to be under evaluation by many of the bus operators large and not so large. Was wondering whether NXWM planned to have any on trial in the foreseeable future. Would be good to have something different to comment on and discuss.

Kevin

They should have a demonstrator E400MMC, I've heard they could be really popular...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

A biogas Demonstrator Scania/E400City Demonstrator(actually owned by Nottingham CT) should see a few week service with NXWM from 1/8/19.

A photo of the vehicle, NXWM fleetnumber 4797, registration DD18 GAS will be on the main site later for those that haven't seen it on Facebook

BH2004

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2019, 07:50:54 PM
A biogas Demonstrator Scania/E400City Demonstrator(actually owned by Nottingham CT) should see a few week service with NXWM from 1/8/19.

A photo of the vehicle, NXWM fleetnumber 4797, registration DD18 GAS will be on the main site later for those that haven't seen it on Facebook

What garage will it be going to

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2019, 07:50:54 PM

Will it actually see passenger service this one?

Gareth

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 23, 2019, 08:32:49 PM
Will it actually see passenger service this one?

"Should see a few weeks service"

the trainbasher

Will it be at the PN open day?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2019, 09:02:26 PM
As I put it will be from 1/8/19 - No

Ah, didn't notice the date. Sorry

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

RW

Is this serious interest/sign of intent on the part of NXWM or just passing curiosity. NXWM seems to be well behind many operators both small and large in introducing 'new drive systems' vehicles with their first true electric vehicles still over 6 months away. Is it cost or lack of trust in the new technology vehicles holding them back?

Tony

Quote from: RW on July 24, 2019, 02:50:52 PM
Is this serious interest/sign of intent on the part of NXWM or just passing curiosity. NXWM seems to be well behind many operators both small and large in introducing 'new drive systems' vehicles with their first true electric vehicles still over 6 months away. Is it cost or lack of trust in the new technology vehicles holding them back?

Behind?
They operated Gas before any other operator in the UK, and were the first to announce a large order for Electric double deckers!

markcf83

Quote from: RW on July 24, 2019, 02:50:52 PM

You forgot the gas powered Volvos used at Walsall from the late 1990's....

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Ginger66

How would the self drive buses work?   

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on July 24, 2019, 03:27:07 PM
Behind?
They operated Gas before any other operator in the UK, and were the first to announce a large order for Electric double deckers!

Not forgetting the huge investment in the hybrid technology too. NXWM and its predecessors have always, in my opinion, been at the forefront (not behind) of innovation in public transport, though they may not always shout it from the roof tops.

My earliest memories of this innovation came with Tracline 65 and guided buses, though I'm sure Tony could go back even further!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Wumpty

On a side note, what demonstrators have NXWM and its predecessors used to trial new vehicles.

I seem to remember Optare Excel P447SWX being trialled many moons ago..... @Tony can you confirm and/or elaborate?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk