News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaint & Retrims 2018

Started by Tony, January 03, 2018, 09:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

9 JML (3228) - now there was a bus! I'd come out of school, catch the Outer Circle to Stechford and wait in hope that it might turn up.

markcf83

Quote from: Winston on October 12, 2018, 02:17:03 PM
I reckon this WMPTE DP Leyland National livery would look smart on a single decker:
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/4738841812_bdc50181e3_b.jpg

I'd quite like that one....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

don

Quote from: Tony on October 12, 2018, 07:22:16 AM
No. Just had both RTC repairs and some engine problems stopping it moving around. It will be crimson

Oh right ok - a bit of wishful thinking there on my part!! A single decker in BCT colours would look good - especially as it's 50 yrs next October since WMPTE took over West Brom, Walsall, BCT and Wolverhampton. Mind you so would 4879..... Im sure I recall you mentioning getting approval for a single decker heritage livery - unless I dreamt it!!

I too remember 9 JML (and shockingly seeing it withdrawn in Lea Hall garage) and also 460 MTE - such a shock getting in an Atlantean and for all their newness the BCT ones had normal light bulbs - not fluorescent like the Fleetlines. I like the WMPTE dual purpose National livery also and tend to agree a heritage bus in normal WMPTE livery (post late 1970) would be good.

Tony are the 30 earlier E200s still planned to be repainted by the end of October or have the WA B7RLEs pushed in the queue?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

RW

Thought 9 JML would stir a few memories. Can still picture it at the 28 terminus in Dyas Road. Happy days. Not sure what happened to it after BCT though.

don

Quote from: RW on October 12, 2018, 08:19:30 PM
Thought 9 JML would stir a few memories. Can still picture it at the 28 terminus in Dyas Road. Happy days. Not sure what happened to it after BCT though.

A very very rare working - almost always on the 14 if anywhere.

winston

Quote from: don on October 12, 2018, 07:21:28 PM
Tony are the 30 earlier E200s still planned to be repainted by the end of October or have the WA B7RLEs pushed in the queue?

As there's only 2.5 weeks of October left, that's not likely to happen.

4879 is out, newly repainted, in crimson on the X70 today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

markcf83

Quote from: don on October 12, 2018, 07:21:28 PM

I'm sure he didn't say October was the deadline for the lowest Enviro midis to be repainted. I thought it was around January next year.....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

B.C Driver

Quote from: RW on October 12, 2018, 04:15:22 PM
Hint of ageism there B.C.! Still some of us around who can remember 9 JML!

No offence intended RW :)
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

don

Quote from: markcf83 on October 13, 2018, 11:32:35 AM
I'm sure he didn't say October was the deadline for the lowest Enviro midis to be repainted. I thought it was around January next year.....

Tony said end of October was the plan (when they first started to be dealt with). However plans often have to change.

Tony

Quote from: don on October 13, 2018, 12:12:53 PM
Tony said end of October was the plan (when they first started to be dealt with). However plans often have to change.

No, they could never be done that quickly. It takes about a month to do each bus. 811-816 were the only rushed ones. They're all in this year's budget but I doubt they'll actually all be done this year

RW

Kevin

Re 2102

I'm curious why this particular livery was chosen. I mean, yeah it looks amazing, but it isn't really something that many Nationals carried back in the day surely? And not something that has the same sort of local relevance as the heritage Tridents?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

're 2102 it look very nice  think you will find people were asking
For this livery I may be wrong

PB2938

2102 was a great surprise im a great livery representing Dudley /Hartshill garage back in the 80s.

Its nice to see the vechile in this Livery not a wmpte or Birmingham city transport already represented by heritage and preserved vechiles.

There once was national in preservation at Aston Manor ex rapsons 1825 OOX 825R I don't know if it still exists but was intended for this bus to go in livery.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk