News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaint & Retrims 2018

Started by Tony, January 03, 2018, 09:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

2102 - Had a minor RTC which needed patching, so is getting a full repaint as it was due soon anyway

paulb1973

Tony, the list from 3 Sept has CV Volvo B7RLE 2155 repainted blue I think - has that one been done? (I have 19 treated if you exclude 2151, which I assume is withdrawn for scrap; 2143-50/52/63/65-69/71-74)

mranon

wn 2071 now back in service in crimson

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2018, 03:16:45 PM
2102 - Had a minor RTC which needed patching, so is getting a full repaint as it was due soon anyway

The first PN b7rle woo! Are the 8s getting rebranded once enough have been painted?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Squiz1971

Quote from: CL on September 26, 2018, 11:53:34 PM
4535 looks brilliant!

Taking into account the time it took for 4601 to receive its vinyls; will 4535 be ready in time for Showbus on Sunday?
Does look great I was wondering if the grey roof version like 2989 or the version of the WCT livery 4535 is in would be used. Will look fab once the decals have been applied. Just need a WB liveried & a BCT liveried bus to complete the 5 municipality liveries.

Here is 2989 at Wythall for the De-regulation open day.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/29426589@N02/30121279192/in/dateposted-public/

CL

Quote from: Squiz1971 on September 27, 2018, 07:47:46 PM
Does look great I was wondering if the grey roof version like 2989 or the version of the WCT livery 4535 is in would be used. Will look fab once the decals have been applied. Just need a WB liveried & a BCT liveried bus to complete the 5 municipality liveries.

Here is 2989 at Wythall for the De-regulation open day.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/29426589@N02/30121279192/in/dateposted-public/

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the final result will look like... Grey roof seems unlikely, as it looks as though the livery itself has been completed. But who knows?

There's a Wolverhampton trolleybus in preservation, no? FJW 616, I believe. I'd love to get a photo of all three buses (from different eras) together!

With the third heritage livery (almost) completed; I'd be willing to bet the other two would be considered in the near future. Following the theme of Heritage (Trident) ALX400s, I'd personally like to see 4634 be done for BCT; another worthy tribute for Mr. Noel Mulvey - much like 4601's commemoration to the late Mark Gaulden. Unfortunately, as WB doesn't operate the Trident ALXs, I'd be lost as to what they would put in paint for WB. Can't see a B7TL (or anything newer) going in, to be honest.

Wishful thinking does no harm.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

BK63 YWP

Tony did mention a single decker is in for a heritage livery I think
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: CL on September 27, 2018, 08:45:41 PM
Guess we'll have to wait and see what the final result will look like... Grey roof seems unlikely, as it looks as though the livery itself has been completed. But who knows?

There's a Wolverhampton trolleybus in preservation, no? FJW 616, I believe. I'd love to get a photo of all three buses (from different eras) together!

With the third heritage livery (almost) completed; I'd be willing to bet the other two would be considered in the near future. Following the theme of Heritage (Trident) ALX400s, I'd personally like to see 4634 be done for BCT; another worthy tribute for Mr. Noel Mulvey - much like 4601's commemoration to the late Mark Gaulden. Unfortunately, as WB doesn't operate the Trident ALXs, I'd be lost as to what they would put in paint for WB. Can't see a B7TL (or anything newer) going in, to be honest.

And I have also clearly said no buses will be painted out of Crimson/Platinum

PB2938

2132 is latest West Midlands bus repaint been out on pm peak board 10.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

MW

Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2018, 08:55:27 PM

So a YW trapped ALX400 is likely then?

Jack

Quote from: MW on September 27, 2018, 09:07:32 PM
So a YW trapped ALX400 is likely then?
I'd say one of the 45** that are in red/white, if it was to happen.

Westy

Would putting a vehicle in 'Midland Red' livery / fleetnames count for the Dudley area?

(Or would First or Arriva have anything to say about it?)

CL

Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2018, 08:55:27 PM

Apologies, must've missed that.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

Quote from: CL on September 27, 2018, 08:45:41 PM

While it would be nice to have just Tridents in heritage livery, WB do have a load of unbranded E400s in red/white that could be candidates, hell there's at least one still carrying the black stripe from the Suttons that kinda stands out, and would be a vehicle with longevity in the fleet
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Quote from: Kevin on September 28, 2018, 09:30:27 AM
While it would be nice to have just Tridents in heritage livery, WB do have a load of unbranded E400s in red/white that could be candidates, hell there's at least one still carrying the black stripe from the Suttons that kinda stands out, and would be a vehicle with longevity in the fleet

That's 4927. Couldn't see that having a repaint yet after it's rebuild and still looks smart. 4926 is one that could go through

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk