News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaint & Retrims 2018

Started by Tony, January 03, 2018, 09:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

Quote from: BN on July 11, 2018, 03:42:24 PM
Can you advise where you have the fuel consumption info from please or is it made up? Totally incorrect.
There was a report on this forum that detailed the progress of E400H and B5LH. As the batteries on the E400H deteriorated they were able to contribute less energy so the engine had to do most of the work, to the extent that the fuel consumption was little different to a straight diesel. Degradation on B5LH batteries was far less. What I can't understand is how it can possibly take more than a few weeks to convert 5409 to straight diesel.

Mike K

Quote from: BN on July 11, 2018, 03:42:24 PM
Can you advise where you have the fuel consumption info from please or is it made up? Totally incorrect.

This document by Darren Astbury of NXWM talks about both battery and fuel economy deterioration on the E400Hs. Slide 7 has the mpg figures for both hybrid types, and for conventional diesels. From that article, it would appear that the B5LH has been a far sounder investment than the E400H.

So unless that paper by the Head of Engineering Development is wrong, the post about worsening fuel consumption sounds correct.

BN

Quote from: Mike K on July 12, 2018, 05:48:25 PM
This document by Darren Astbury of NXWM talks about both battery and fuel economy deterioration on the E400Hs. Slide 7 has the mpg figures for both hybrid types, and for conventional diesels. From that article, it would appear that the B5LH has been a far sounder investment than the E400H.

So unless that paper by the Head of Engineering Development is wrong, the post about worsening fuel consumption sounds correct.

Apologies all, I wasn't savvy to this. MPG is still far really good to be fair.

Mike K

Quote from: BN on July 12, 2018, 08:25:12 PM
Apologies all, I wasn't savvy to this. MPG is still far really good to be fair.

No worries BN, I personally found this document a really interesting read. One assumes that the battery degradation and cost of replacement would be the drivers behind the decision to convert to conventional diesel (a number of other operators including Reading Buses have done the same with the E400H). Also interesting were the miles between breakdown statistics, with the B5LH faring better than the standard E400. Reliability of the E400H looks erratic to say the least.

BK63 YWP

Don't worry @BN I thought I saw it earlier in the forum and got a wee bit confused
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BK63 YWP

@BN is there any b7s in for crimsoning ?

X10 Gornal Wood

WB 807 is back from paint and was/is out on the 48

BK63 YWP

What has replaced 825 from PN for crimsoning @Tony

X10 Gornal Wood

Solo1

5411 5420 both done just 5415 & 5419 to paint with 5409 after the conversion is done

BN

Quote from: Solo1 on July 29, 2018, 04:51:26 AM
5411 5420 both done just 5415 & 5419 to paint with 5409 after the conversion is done
5415 is done and out on the road last week.

BN

Michael Bevan

According to a post on the West Midlands Transport Facebook group, WA's 4870 has now gone into paint.

Ginger66

I hope NX puts there coporate logo on there red buses so passengers can tell a NX from Diamond.

Gareth

Quote from: Ginger66 on July 31, 2018, 08:41:06 PM
I hope NX puts there coporate logo on there red buses so passengers can tell a NX from Diamond.

NXWM have their logo on their buses. The bus in a demo livery for TfWM also had the NX logo, but if the plans are what has been discussed, then you won't need to know the difference, it will be an integrated bus service.

don

Quote from: Gareth on August 01, 2018, 08:36:34 AM
NXWM have their logo on their buses. The bus in a demo livery for TfWM also had the NX logo, but if the plans are what has been discussed, then you won't need to know the difference, it will be an integrated bus service.

London has a fully integrated public transport network but operators have their logos on buses (though not trams) (and there are variations in internal trim/vehicle types etc). There is opportunity for operators to provide a top rate service (or not) dependent on the quality of staff so there remain lots of points of differentiation between operators even if all the buses are the same colour with the regional transportation Authority logo (as well as the operator logo). The one thing you do generally get is decent integration with max frequencies of 15 mins (far less in most places).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk