News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I want to take a trip on 1698 as I believe it's now got the engine from 1532 so wonder what it sounds like.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on April 19, 2013, 10:02:40 PM
I want to take a trip on 1698 as I believe it's now got the engine from 1532 so wonder what it sounds like.

Has 1640 got an engine from a R/S reg merc? It sounds like it does
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

wbdriver

680 is completley dead. won't see service again.

1698 been in the pits for a long time and not in service, perhaps tidying it up or replacing worn out parts that take time to replace, don't know.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

JackC

Quote from: wbdriver on April 20, 2013, 05:57:48 PM
680 is completley dead. won't see service again.

What finished her off?

uniquicity

John

Ash

The driver had an heart attack and the bus crashed into a lamp post or something on the Dudley Road. I saw the accident damage and the front looks in a bad state but I'm sure will be repaired quickly enough.

nitromatt1

Was the driver ok? I haven't heard anything since it happened

uniquicity

Complaint in the Express and Star yesterday about deckers on the 49. Too wide for one of the roads apparently and privacy issues.

Centro can't do anything about it because its a commercial service.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: uniquicity on April 24, 2013, 08:34:39 PM
Complaint in the Express and Star yesterday about deckers on the 49. Too wide for one of the roads apparently and privacy issues.

Privacy Issues??
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 24, 2013, 08:42:45 PM

Privacy Issues??

Probably some woman in the bath with her window open, because she isn't used to deckers going past...

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nitromatt1 on April 24, 2013, 08:45:45 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 24, 2013, 08:42:45 PM

Privacy Issues??

Probably some woman in the bath with her window open, because she isn't used to deckers going past...

was she complaining that the passengers could see or that they couldn't see!  ;D
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

There used to be double-decks all the time on the 449 (ok, so a few years ago when it was all Metrobuses), so okay maybe the Geminis are a bit wider, but there were never any 'privacy issues' at the time, maybe the person in question should invest in some net curtains?  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

uniquicity

I assume it is a road somewhere between Brandhall and Lightwoods Hill where the 200/201 use to operate with single decks.

It was breastfeeding woman btw.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: uniquicity on April 24, 2013, 08:51:33 PM
I assume it is a road somewhere between Brandhall and Lightwoods Hill where the 200/201 use to operate with single decks.

It was breastfeeding woman btw.

Seems a little silly to me, nobody on the bus probably noticed anything, and has been said, perhaps someone should invest in a pair of net curtains.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk