News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jack on March 14, 2022, 10:39:48 AM
The sheet in some cases isn't up to date. Buses are being almost everywhere and have been for the last 2 years, majority of the things that get reported and aren't even noteworthy in the slightest and the same goes route branded buses off route.
The ALX400 on the sheet don't come into the City anymore as far as I know.
Obviously it is a big task for @Stu to update it, when he might not know allocations for every route across such a vast area. So some things on there might not be up to date.

Also when I was in Coventry on Saturday, the 20 and 3 had double decks on there.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on March 14, 2022, 10:42:07 AM
The ALX400 on the sheet don't come into the City anymore as far as I know.
Obviously it is a big task for @Stu to update it, when he might not know allocations for every route across such a vast area. So some things on there might not be up to date.
My point exactly. We all know that those can't be used but I'm sure we'll have the usual 'oh they can it's on the sheet' blah blah blah.

I do think the NW thread should be closed because there isn't a purpose for it anymore, majority of things aren't noteworthy anymore and reading the same thing is quite boring.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on March 14, 2022, 10:39:48 AM
The sheet in some cases isn't up to date. Buses are being almost everywhere and have been for the last 2 years, majority of the things that get reported and aren't even noteworthy in the slightest and the same goes route branded buses off route.

E200's are a commonplace again on the 45/46 as well as the 3/3A, 47 and 89 getting them on occasion.

West Bromwich's 37 seat E200s are allocated there for the 42/43 & 45/46 routes. So any other route is not scheduled so an unusual working.

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on March 14, 2022, 10:52:59 AM
West Bromwich's 37 seat E200s are allocated there for the 42/43 & 45/46 routes. So any other route is not scheduled so an unusual working.

Thanks for the clarification @Tony - I prefer to trust sources that we know to be trusted and as accurate as they can be like yourself and @Stu  ( @Stu is a volunteer in all aspects of this forum too so due respect given if some areas aren't as accurate/updated and we're reporting based on his allocation sheet - keep up the great work bud!).

Quote from: Jack on March 14, 2022, 10:45:48 AM
My point exactly. We all know that those can't be used but I'm sure we'll have the usual 'oh they can it's on the sheet' blah blah blah.

I do think the NW thread should be closed because there isn't a purpose for it anymore, majority of things aren't noteworthy anymore and reading the same thing is quite boring.

Not everyone DOES know what can/can't be used unless you have the appropriate knowledge - and comments like, "'oh they can it's on the sheet' blah blah blah", really doesn't help your cause @Jack - perhaps being a tad more positive, informing and explaining your rationale may help. Most of us are looking to enjoy this forum and I'd be more annoyed at the negativity shown, rather than posts that are in the sprit of the thread and the enjoyment.

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Jack

Please stop @ing me every time. You aren't exactly either, you seem to lack a sense of humour and your constant comebacks at people make yourself seem arrogant. I'm happy to stand corrected but not by someone who obviously enjoys watching things through a remote cam daily.

If there's an issue PM me instead of moan in the threads....

Westy

Bearing in mind, you can't report sightings based on Bustimes.org info, isn't the remote cam the same sort of thing really,  the only difference being you see the actual bus in front of you, rather than assuming Bustimes.org is correct.

For the record,  is spotting a bus physically,  then cross checking with Bustimes.org allowed, as that's what I did, when I spotted that 4xx on the X529 last year?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on March 14, 2022, 12:33:22 PM
Bearing in mind, you can't report sightings based on Bustimes.org info, isn't the remote cam the same sort of thing really,  the only difference being you see the actual bus in front of you, rather than assuming Bustimes.org is correct.

For the record,  is spotting a bus physically,  then cross checking with Bustimes.org allowed, as that's what I did, when I spotted that 4xx on the X529 last year?

Remotecam is a dashcam system used in my logistics role. Unfortunately, most of my team are bus enthusiasts (!) and when we're not telling each other about what they've seen, then I get to see what's happening live via Remotecam. Cheating a bit......maybe, but if I see something and can't identify it, I'll report as UID and hope that someone will fill in the blanks for me (though I might check bustimes for my own sanity!).
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Jack

@2206, E200MMC's aren't really noteworthy on the 5. They do appear quite on there quite a bit.

Quote from: Jack on May 25, 2022, 07:46:04 PM@2206, E200MMC's aren't really noteworthy on the 5. They do appear quite on there quite a bit.
I didn't know. It just looked strange as its 40 branded and in WM Bus livery, like the 31/32 one on  the X15.
I saw them both while I was on the Arriva Streetdeck.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

cris 99

2235 was on the 5 yesterday too
17//72/73/97/X12

Jack

Quote from: cris 99 on May 25, 2022, 09:54:52 PM2235 was on the 5 yesterday too
2234 was also on it too recently.

37351ml

A full house of Mr Fitchew''s beloveds on wb 47 today

Jack6101

2236 has been debranded from the 40 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: mesub on August 29, 2022, 12:46:34 PM811 - WB49. An interesting one to see.
That is not noteworthy as they are on there every Sunday 

Stu

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on August 30, 2022, 08:05:44 AMThat is not noteworthy as they are on there every Sunday
I think you're correct, when I was in Bearwood on Sunday the other week I also saw an E200 on there. BusTimes would appear to agree too, so I'll get that updated on my list.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk