News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 23, 2020, 04:45:55 PM
Interesting stat so have we already speculated which corridors will cross over then ie
97 & 61/63 link hospitals
X10 x8 with x1 x2 hotels and airport.    All just random of course.
I think the X1 and X2 are linking with the 51 as a Sprint route (No I don't like Sprint either)

Gareth

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 23, 2020, 04:45:55 PM
Interesting stat so have we already speculated which corridors will cross over then ie
97 & 61/63 link hospitals
X10 x8 with x1 x2 hotels and airport.    All just random of course.

No one on their right mind would book a hotel on Hagley Road when needing the airport. I mean there's nothing stopping anybody merging those bus routes, but there's no way they could advertise it as an airport/hotel link.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on December 23, 2020, 05:40:43 PM
No one on their right mind would book a hotel on Hagley Road when needing the airport. I mean there's nothing stopping anybody merging those bus routes, but there's no way they could advertise it as an airport/hotel link.

You mean like the old Airbus service offered a link from the Hagley Road hotels to the Airport?

bususer28

Quote from: 2900 on December 23, 2020, 01:00:51 PM
From what I have heard April is the month for the first new cross city service 50/87
I have been down to Moseley for various things in the past it does seem very hectic , those of you with real experiences of 50 route please share , from what my dad has told me it's a pain in the butt better off changing rota.
No way! 1. Will they merge numbers or will they keep them individual? 2. Will the 50 see a decrease in frequency or will the 82/87 see an increase?
I do like the idea just not with the current levels of congestion in the city.

Tony

Quote from: bususer28 on December 23, 2020, 07:58:06 PM
No way! 1. Will they merge numbers or will they keep them individual? 2. Will the 50 see a decrease in frequency or will the 82/87 see an increase?
I do like the idea just not with the current levels of congestion in the city.

Of course they will have through service numbers, no point in combining services then identifying them as different services.

Why do you need a frequency change when both services are every 5 minutes for most of the day

bususer28

Quote from: Tony on December 23, 2020, 08:01:46 PM
Of course they will have through service numbers, no point in combining services then identifying them as different services.

Why do you need a frequency change when both services are every 5 minutes for most of the day
I thought the 50 was every 4 mins throughout the day. Especially on such a busy route taking away 3 buses an hour can make quite a difference.

Stu

Quote from: 2900 on December 23, 2020, 01:00:51 PM
From what I have heard April is the month for the first new cross city service 50/87
I have been down to Moseley for various things in the past it does seem very hectic , those of you with real experiences of 50 route please share , from what my dad has told me it's a pain in the butt better off changing rota.

Quote from: 2900 on December 23, 2020, 02:41:03 PM
Oh no gone way beyond that eventualy 40% of the city centre  bus routes will be cross city.
Yardley wood will do 50/82 cross city
Westbrom will do 50/87

Long term i am thinking when central garage moves to its new premises these routes will end up there , more efficent operational reasons eg duties , dead mileage etc.
Maybe these hydrogen buses could be used on these new routes.

That's an interesting correlation, as the hydrogen buses are expected to come into service around that time, it has been suggested around 'Spring 2021'.
https://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/2020/10/hydrogen-buses-coming-to-birmingham-in-spring-2021/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: bususer28 on December 23, 2020, 08:05:28 PM
I thought the 50 was every 4 mins throughout the day. Especially on such a busy route taking away 3 buses an hour can make quite a difference.

There's a few 4 minute gaps in the morning peak, but only a few and all through the evening peak it is every 5

bususer28

Quote from: Tony on December 23, 2020, 08:08:27 PM
There's a few 4 minute gaps in the morning peak, but only a few and all through the evening peak it is every 5
Oh right- the branding confused me then. In that case sounds like a really good plan. If they use the hydrogen buses that'll be even better.

Tony

Quote from: bususer28 on December 23, 2020, 08:11:42 PM
Oh right- the branding confused me then. In that case sounds like a really good plan. If they use the hydrogen buses that'll be even better.

You will need 50 odd buses, so doubtful!

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on December 23, 2020, 08:01:46 PM

Just Suggestion:
C1 - Dudley-Oldbury-Dudley Road-CITY-Moseley-Kings Heath-Maypole-Druids Heath
C2 - Bearwood-Dudley Road-CITY-Moseley-Kings Heath-Maypole-Druids Heath

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on December 23, 2020, 05:41:45 PM
You mean like the old Airbus service offered a link from the Hagley Road hotels to the Airport?

Times have moved on. Otherwise there would still be an Airbus service. Also in the last 20 years thousands of more hotel rooms are available at the NEC/Airport.

karl724223

Quote from: Gareth on December 23, 2020, 10:33:09 PM
Times have moved on. Otherwise there would still be an Airbus service. Also in the last 20 years thousands of more hotel rooms are available at the NEC/Airport.
a few Hagley road hotels now being used for illegal immigrants

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on December 23, 2020, 10:39:29 PM
a few Hagley road hotels now being used for illegal immigrants

Yep strathallen hotel is one, Covid fest apparently

Gareth

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 23, 2020, 11:08:00 PM
Yep strathallen hotel is one, Covid fest apparently

It was used in September for Asylum seekers who had been moved from a hostel following a covid outbreak there.

'Illegal immigrants' and 'covid fest' are maybe not the best terms to use.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk