News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aSingh

There were I think 4 49XX and a 4693 on the 87s. The 80 had 2 platinums. What's going on there?
Singh

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Stu on February 08, 2020, 05:14:01 PM
You get the same on the 50. A majority of passengers welcome and enjoy these new buses, and it helps with passenger growth. Its a minority of individuals who don't care and have no respect.

Passengers on ex lea hall routes or " North  Solihull" in the main wouldn't really know what it's like to welcome new buses.

MW

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 08, 2020, 11:37:55 PM
Passengers on ex lea hall routes or " North  Solihull" in the main wouldn't really know what it's like to welcome new buses.

71/72/X12 all serve North Solihull.

That's North Solihull.

I already know what you're gonna say. Can I point out to you that by your logic, Kings Heath/Maypole/Yardley Wood passengers wouldn't know what new buses are like. The same way you make the exception of the above 3 routes, I make for the 50...

Quote from: MW on February 09, 2020, 12:43:19 AM
71/72/X12 all serve North Solihull.

That's North Solihull.

I already know what you're gonna say. Can I point out to you that by your logic, Kings Heath/Maypole/Yardley Wood passengers wouldn't know what new buses are like. The same way you make the exception of the above 3 routes, I make for the 50...
71 is operated by Omnilinks and 72 is operated by Gemini, neither of which are new buses.
I completely agree @monkeyjoe, i'm sure people in Alum Rock, Shard End, Ward End, Bordesley Green, Washwood Heath and Stechford on the 14, 55, 94 and 97 routes wouldn't really know what its like to welcome new buses.
Quote from: Stu on February 08, 2020, 05:14:01 PM
You get the same on the 50. A majority of passengers welcome and enjoy these new buses, and it helps with passenger growth. Its a minority of individuals who don't care and have no respect.
Don't think many would enjoy travelling on these new buses when they are scattered with rubbish and smell of weed as described. And it can't help passenger growth either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Guys, my reply to Jack was based on what I think he was alluding to, that the 82 & 87 'doesn't deserve' Platinum buses because of the 'scummy areas' they go through, that's the insinuation.

My response was that you get exactly the same behaviour on the 50, which goes through 'nicer' areas like Moseley and Kings Heath.

@monkeyjoe and @2206 your responses are becoming completely predictable, if you want to have a robust discussion on East Birmingham bus services please feel free to start a new topic, as this is nothing to do with West Bromwich garage.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on February 09, 2020, 10:22:39 AM
Guys, my reply to Jack was based on what I think he was alluding to, that the 82 & 87 'doesn't deserve' Platinum buses because of the 'scummy areas' they go through, that's the insinuation.

My response was that you get exactly the same behaviour on the 50, which goes through 'nicer' areas like Moseley and Kings Heath.

@monkeyjoe and @2206 your responses are becoming completely predictable, if you want to have a robust discussion on East Birmingham bus services please feel free to start a new topic, as this is nothing to do with West Bromwich garage.

Agreed, plus, these constant regurgitated arguments are becoming really annoying.

If anything, I feel for passengers on the 5 & 80/80A, who had their '14 plate branded Enviros, replaced with 13-19 year old buses
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on February 09, 2020, 10:42:56 AM
If anything, I feel for passengers on the 5 & 80/80A, who had their '14 plate branded Enviros, replaced with 13-19 year old buses
It was a good thing they did remove the 63 plate E400's off the 5, they were trashed when they came off it and chavs of Kingstanding and Pheasey were breaking and stealing the hammers used for emergencies. The 5 and 80/80A do still see MK2 E400's on a regular basis so it's not like they don't see them at all.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on February 09, 2020, 10:57:32 AM
It was a good thing they did remove the 63 plate E400's off the 5, they were trashed when they came off it and chavs of Kingstanding and Pheasey were breaking and stealing the hammers used for emergencies.

All complete exaggeration

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Stu on February 09, 2020, 10:22:39 AM

Just saying it how it is, no to worry got a busy week at work this week.

Buses being trashed, bulk of west broms 4900s interior still in good shape IMO and for the Dudley rd platinums I haven't seen a single ripped seat or USB points vandalised yet, vehicle cleaning could be better I do wonder why the single decks get better cleaning treatment, any way I digress yes maybe it's dawning people if we trash it we lose it.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: 2900 on February 10, 2020, 11:28:04 AM
Buses being trashed, bulk of west broms 4900s interior still in good shape IMO and for the Dudley rd platinums I haven't seen a single ripped seat or USB points vandalised yet, vehicle cleaning could be better I do wonder why the single decks get better cleaning treatment, any way I digress yes maybe it's dawning people if we trash it we lose it.

It sounds like I'm just moaning for fun when I say that about Wolverhampton buses but I best not take it off topic again.

danny

If you feel like you have a valid point then it isn't moaning for fun. Personally as a regular user of pensnett and wear brom routes I think the standard of cleaning is a vast improvement over the past. The 87s I've been on have been spotless.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Quote from: danny on February 10, 2020, 05:47:48 PM
If you feel like you have a valid point then it isn't moaning for fun. Personally as a regular user of pensnett and wear brom routes I think the standard of cleaning is a vast improvement over the past. The 87s I've been on have been spotless.
Not anymore 87's have had the chicken bones and chips / clothing security tags etc all making a comeback.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 979 on February 10, 2020, 08:43:31 PM
Not anymore 87's have had the chicken bones and chips / clothing security tags etc all making a comeback.

The dreaded chicken bones. I witnessed an animal chewing his chicken bones and throwing them on the floor on the 80/80A.

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 10, 2020, 10:08:01 PM
The dreaded chicken bones. I witnessed an animal chewing his chicken bones and throwing them on the floor on the 80/80A.
Seen it happen many a time on the 74.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk