News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 12, 2020, 04:49:32 PM
The Dudley toilets have now moved from inside the Bus Station to on Castle St. The council willl only unlock the Bus Station gate to the Disabled toilet if they feel like it. With regards to Stourbridge's disable toilet it should be open all hours for people who have a radar key. Maby I'm wrong. I'llask at my next meeting with TfWM.
The Dudley toilets have been at Castle Street for ages now.

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 14, 2020, 10:49:00 AM
I am sure in Blackheath there must be some kind agreement between Sainsburys and WMT because when your on the self service tills in front of toilets there are always plenty of male West Midlands Travel drivers coming in and out of the Gents I have often wondered about them while beeping and what they were doing you often expect to hear the phrase unexpected bus driver in the bogging area!
We had an agreement with the beach tree blackheath to use there toilets but that been stopped due to new owners , so drivers have been using sainsburys again still a problem after its closed, I,ll leave it to your imagination to what happens.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2900 on January 14, 2020, 01:07:10 PM
We had an agreement with the beach tree blackheath to use there toilets but that been stopped due to new owners , so drivers have been using sainsburys again still a problem after its closed, I,ll leave it to your imagination to what happens.
I wonder if Wetherspoons would be equally obliging in The Brit?.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2900 on January 14, 2020, 01:07:10 PM

At bearwood could you not go in kings head especially at evenings?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 14, 2020, 02:13:23 PM
Its a bit posh for a pub my advice stroll up to The Dog proper M&B pub.

Ian Hardy

I think what TfWM needs to do is what TfL has done at bus termini which don't have any facilities, they have built small buildings about the same size as Doctor Who's Tardis which only bus drivers have access to.

Unfortunately they have gained the nickname Turdis by local residents who don't want them, see the following link with a picture:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/march-of-the-turdis-forty-stainless-steel-lavatories-for-bus-drivers-planned-on-londons-streets-a4021316.html

MW

Reminds me of the time I parked my bus on Bearwood High Street outside Pepes and went inside. They let me use the staff toilet. It was almost midnight I believe.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Ian Hardy on January 14, 2020, 08:40:47 PM
I think what TfWM needs to do is what TfL has done at bus termini which don't have any facilities, they have built small buildings about the same size as Doctor Who's Tardis which only bus drivers have access to.

Unfortunately they have gained the nickname Turdis by local residents who don't want them, see the following link with a picture:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/march-of-the-turdis-forty-stainless-steel-lavatories-for-bus-drivers-planned-on-londons-streets-a4021316.html
I will see if I can find out from The Mayor his thoughts on the toilet habits of West Midland Travel bus drivers and thier needs and what could be done in terms of relief at terminals.

aSingh

The amenities at WB bus station are great. Toilets for all people downstairs and toilets upstairs for bus station staff and drivers. Really glad I chose WB Garage, bus station's closeness to the garage which you can easily get to in 7 mins
by walking makes life really easy.
Singh

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 14, 2020, 11:41:48 PM
I will see if I can find out from The Mayor his thoughts on the toilet habits of West Midland Travel bus drivers and thier needs and what could be done in terms of relief at terminals.
My gaffer has mentioned the name Andy street he's the mayor a conservative I think and he has overall say in public transport in the wmca transport issues correct me if this is wrong.
I am thinking of emailing him about the dire toilet issues for bus drivers in the Midlands.

The RMT has a campaign going on about toilet dignity, it's shocking that in 2020 we,re even discussing this.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 14, 2020, 02:13:23 PM
One of the drivers did try and got turned away, I think it has gone upmarket after its refurb more of a eating place now

Oldbury relief point is a joke now not fit for purpose being harassed by drunks and others, I have on 2 occasions before Christmas have had to defend myself I ended up flooring one after he swung his bag at me. I know of at least half a dozen assaults on drivers here, one colleague lost his eye after altercation.
Back in the day it was ok ample free parking in sainsburys and side streets that's all gone now I now park half mile away by Royal Mail Oldbury. Most of us took our breaks in our cars I miss it dry warm , football on the radio etc. We,ve had enough of macdonalds and sainsburys cafe too it's not cheap.
I have started to bring my own food from and eat it under the canopy of sainsburys again.

It's time to move Oldbury rota back to Dudley bus station where it belongs there we have full facilities for drivers, customers would get a better service no relief point in Oldbury and this happens on regular basis when a relief driver fails to show up it causes conflict with customers.
There's not enough bus parking space in the peak here either.
Out of all the Black Country garages we are the only rota with no facilities.
Dudley bus station has 2 inspectors , security staff, bus station staff, more police presence, emergency button etc etc, sod all in Oldbury.
All the routes on Oldbury were operated from Dudley for decades
13s now on the 12 running boards
82s on the 87 boards  there's no issue that I can see why we can't return to Dudley bus station.
It was very terrible decision made in 2012 to move the 87s ,120s down here time to reverse it ,plus it would help with driver retention IMO plenty would return from West Bromwich.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2900 on January 15, 2020, 09:48:39 AM
Oldbury relief point is a joke now not fit for purpose being harassed by drunks and others, I have on 2 occasions before Christmas have had to defend myself I ended up flooring one after he swung his bag at me. I know of at least half a dozen assaults on drivers here, one colleague lost his eye after altercation.
Back in the day it was ok ample free parking in sainsburys and side streets that's all gone now I now park half mile away by Royal Mail Oldbury. Most of us took our breaks in our cars I miss it dry warm , football on the radio etc. We,ve had enough of macdonalds and sainsburys cafe too it's not cheap.
I have started to bring my own food from and eat it under the canopy of sainsburys again.

It's time to move Oldbury rota back to Dudley bus station where it belongs there we have full facilities for drivers, customers would get a better service no relief point in Oldbury and this happens on regular basis when a relief driver fails to show up it causes conflict with customers.
There's not enough bus parking space in the peak here either.
Out of all the Black Country garages we are the only rota with no facilities.
Dudley bus station has 2 inspectors , security staff, bus station staff, more police presence, emergency button etc etc, sod all in Oldbury.
All the routes on Oldbury were operated from Dudley for decades
13s now on the 12 running boards
82s on the 87 boards  there's no issue that I can see why we can't return to Dudley bus station.
It was very terrible decision made in 2012 to move the 87s ,120s down here time to reverse it ,plus it would help with driver retention IMO plenty would return from West Bromwich.
@2900 abuse is so common now for anyone in uniform whilst doing my H M.Gov work we had to wear a uniform including a high vis the abuse you.got on the X8 was unbelievably sick of two twats one day I got off at Amber Tavern to get a 9 but they followed me determined to start a fight one took swing at me blissfully unaware of my charity boxing, weight training and lane swimming as he went to punch me one swing back from me band he was sprawled on the pavement to the shock of his mate who ran off not wanting.a decking too I just got on 9 & left him in.the bus shelter and reported the matter to the police so you are not alone with that kind of abuse and assault. Mind you @Tony is convinced from my history on the form I go around looking for fights everywhere after winding people up I try not too to be honest.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2900 on January 15, 2020, 09:14:28 AM
My gaffer has mentioned the name Andy street he's the mayor a conservative I think and he has overall say in public transport in the wmca transport issues correct me if this is wrong.
I am thinking of emailing him about the dire toilet issues for bus drivers in the Midlands.

The RMT has a campaign going on about toilet dignity, it's shocking that in 2020 we,re even discussing this.
Andy Street welcomes comments on all matters and can be contacted as follows:
Correspondence address:
Andy Street
c/o West Midlands Combined Authority
16 Summer Lane
Birmingham
B19 3SD

Email:  andy.street@wmca.org.uk

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 15, 2020, 12:48:58 PM
Andy Street welcomes comments on all matters and can be contacted as follows:
Correspondence address:
Andy Street